New and need to lose weight

Kayjay1809

:wave_cry: Hiya, I'm newish to the forum, have been lurking and thought I'd better introduce myself as I get stuck into my diet.

I've just had a terrible few days in Wales, in the hot weather, where my feet swelled so much I couldn't get my shoes on and I could barely walk anywhere. I have to face facts that I am significantly overweight and it is affecting my enjoyment of life and so I am determined to lose weight. I'm currently seeing a dietician who is being very helpful and suggesting making permanent changes to my lifestyle. I have fibromyalgia which affects my ability to exercise, but deep down I know that if I wasn't so overweight life would be easier.

My motivation is not to have a heart attack like my dad did at the age of 53 (I'm currently 43) and to lose enough weight so I can join in with my husband and son rather than sitting on the sidelines 'watching'

I aim to lose 10% of my weight by the end of summer via SW diet and a whole 6 stone by end of 2012.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum and sw. Im also on slimming world been going for 3 weeks and doing well, slimming world is great because just by following the plan u can lose weight you dont have to do exercise if u dont want to or cant.

Thanks for the welcome :)
Orchid999 - good luck back to you
Sezabell - you are doing really well, keep it up!

I registered with SW tonight and have set an initial target of 2st loss. Wasn't too impressed with the group or leader, so not sure if I'll go back or just weigh myself at home. I really went to get the dietbook as I feel I can get a lot of support here online
:)

Last edited:
Back