new and ready to lose!

lexi076

Hiya all.

I am new to this forum but not to weight issues. Been big for as long as I can remember. I was about a size 14/16 until I was 19 then I developed pcos and my weight rocketed with me ending up a size 24! I am a mummy of a beautiful 8 month old princess and have a fab hubby. All I want to complete the pic is to be a yummy mummy:) I need to lose 9 stones and aim to do it before xmas (I aim to lose 4 before the start of June as I am going on holiday). I am doing this to show my girl a good example and also to be as fit and healthy as possible. I am using Celebrity Slim just now but I have tried CD and conventional dieting. I lost 10lbs last week so I am heading the right way. I look forward to getting to know you all..... good luck and all the best.

Hi Lexi,
I have about 7 stone to lose and can't wait to meet the new me. I remember vaguely being a size 14 at age 17 but never less than a size 18 in the 20 yrs since.
Good luck to you babe :) I'm sure you'll do a great job and well done the fab start!
Sharon xoxo

I'm counting calories. I eat between 1300 and 1500 per day and have a boozy day once a week too. I have packed in beer tho, i drink wine or spirits instead now.
12 1/2lbs in 2 weeks is great start for me and i will definitely keep it up. I don't deprive myself of anything - if i want a packet of crisps i'll have one - just not a multipack ;)

Hi Lexi,
Sounds like we are in a similar boat......I need to lose anout 8 stone in total (Eeek!!) but I also have PCOS :( My aim is to lose the weight in order to be fit and happy, but also to boost my fertility, as now on 3rd year without any luck conceiving :(
Anyways, sounds like you're doing really well, I too have done just under 9lbs in 5 days on the Cambridge Diet, so here's hoping....!!

Good luck and keep up the good work!!
:)

Hi lexi and good luck.

Goodluck Lexi - you have some very good reasons there, I am sure you will do brilliantly.

Grandslamgirl I think we are doing a very similar plan. Although i'm not having the boozy day ( could flippin' do with it quite honestly!).

Grandslamgirl - I have just done 2 weeks on Celebrity Slim but have decided long term it is not for me. Need an eating plan I can carry on with for life - hence I am calorie counting too and aim to have about 1000-1200 kcals per day with a watchful eye on the carbs too.

Reggiesmum - I think PCOS is a bugger! It makes you gain weight, makes it hard to lose weight and as you have discovered..hard to conceive. Losing weight however...despite the obvious pain in the butt that it is...is the best thing for PCOS. If you ever want to chat...just shout.

I want to lose and WILL lose at least 3 stones more before my holiday at the start of June (about 2.5 - 3lbs per week ...every week!) Do you guys reckon this is an achieveable target?

Hi Lexi,

I think that you should really be having a few more cals per day, apparently women should not go lower than 1300 for any length of time. I have checked my BMR (basal metabolic rate ) and i need about 2600 cals per day with light activity so i am dropping roughly 7000 cals per week which should equate to 2lbs. Obviously the more exercise i do the more cals i burn off which i hope will help me to lose about 3 stones before 1st June.
I have done diets with less cals before but i find that as soon as i start eating more than the 1000 cals per day the weight starts creeping back on :(

Cheers..I know. Just really want to get to about 15 stone 7 for my hols.

I go to curves...that helps burn off some extra lbs

Grandslamgirl - I have just done 2 weeks on Celebrity Slim but have decided long term it is not for me. Need an eating plan I can carry on with for life - hence I am calorie counting too and aim to have about 1000-1200 kcals per day with a watchful eye on the carbs too.

Reggiesmum - I think PCOS is a bugger! It makes you gain weight, makes it hard to lose weight and as you have discovered..hard to conceive. Losing weight however...despite the obvious pain in the butt that it is...is the best thing for PCOS. If you ever want to chat...just shout.

I want to lose and WILL lose at least 3 stones more before my holiday at the start of June (about 2.5 - 3lbs per week ...every week!) Do you guys reckon this is an achieveable target?

Lexi, thanks for that. I may need a chat at some point ;)

Absolutely, that target is possible. Just keep strong :) You may have weeks where you do a little more, balanced out by weeks where you do a little less......(Oh, wish I could take my own advice!!:eek:)
Week 2 weigh in tonight......EEK!! hehe :p

Back