new and unhappy

Emowyn

Not with this site, I'm a long time reader but decided tonight to join in and contribute.

I am really unhappy with my weight, last year I joined slimming world, lost a stone and then whilst I was still attending weekly classes put it back on again. Feeling rotten I stopped going.

I suffer from depression and was put on new meds and my weight shot up to over 20 stone. I started having breathing problems so I'm now off those but feeling very low. I've been following the slimming world plan at home and have got my weight down to 19st 7lb and I thinking of going back to SW meetings.

I'm married, no kids and would love to loose a chunk of weight before my holidays around halloween.

I think it is essential to have a weekly weigh in as an incentive from personal experience. When you have lost weight the group needs you, when you have gained weight you need the group. It is so tempting to stop going to the group when you feel like you are getting nowhere, I had an unxpected gain last week and I was gutted, I knew that I hadn't cheated and left the group feeling very disheartened. But I re-read some old magazines to inspire me and I feel more determined than ever to get it off next week! The more support you have the more likely you are to suceed, go for it! Good luck ;)

Congratz on taking some steps at least and very well done in losing some by yourself! :)

I completely agree with what Ashanti says. The knowing that you have somewhere/one to report to as it were is great motivation. That and the fact you know you won't be alone, you will be supported every step of the way (whether you lose OR gain) and that it helps you focus on your goals is the best incentive ever. Go for it! Hope all goes well whatever you decide ^_^

Hi well done on losing weight so far!! Im all for going to group we're really lucky to have a really fun and nuts consultant and all the other members are really laid back too!! I always stay to image therapy and find sometimes when im feeling disheartened or down that really helps! Plus every single person in that room is in the same situation as you! You're not alone in wanting to lose weight so why weigh in alone? :) Good luck with your journey!!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow and I'm going to ask about slimming world referral, I cant afford the weekly meetings at the moment as an added minus point.

Just a quick update, the practice nurse (who is the only one to see about weight issues at my docs) if off work for a fortnight. So no SW for at least 2 weeks for me :( I cant afford the meetings at the moment myself.

Hello!!

Not stalking you I promise :/). That's ok, you can do two weeks here with us! If you haven't done it, join a weekly weigh in thread, us Sunday weighers are very friendly, come join us ( of course everyone is friendly!!) stay with it!
X

Emowyn, what a great idea from Woodland Girl. Good luck, I will watch your progress, if your head is in the right place it will work for you.

Back