New and wanting to lose weight

Sheila Anne

Hi All, I found Minimins completely by accident as I was searching for weight loss forums. I need to lose about three stone to be happy with my weight but I know it is one step at a time. I have done yo yo dieting in the past, it does not work. I tried Weight Watchers on line that did not work for me. Next I tried reducing fats, not snacking and smaller portions and that worked. I then went through a bad time with arthritic knees which stopped me exercising because of the pain. I have now had a total knee replacement in my right knee and nine weeks post-op, I am hoping in the next six months or so to have the other knee operated on and that will really get me up and running. I would like to lose some weight for my next op and then carry on and hopefully get down to a reasonable weight for me.

So now I am going to take a few days to read through Minimins and decide on which course I need to go. I want to look after my new knee and the future one so I really do need to lose weight.

Hiya

I found the site by accident too and it looks like we both found a great place to read other peoples stories, get tips and chat to people doing the same thing.
Theres so much information so Im sure youll find something right for you.

Good luck

Sharon

Hi, this is all a bit weird for me, but very excited because of years of losing weight and gaining weight I need to sort this out once and for all. I hope to make full use of this site and with all your help get rid of this weight once and for all. I dont feel like I am on my own, and will use the fountain of information on this site to help me. so here goes...........

Hi Olivia

I feel exactly the same. I dont feel its a lonely journey when I log on here and see so many people with the same mind set. The tips are great and the support will make a difference Im sure.

Good luck and hope to chat soon

Hi again Olivia

Nice to see you back and well done on joining SW! There's lots of people on SW here so I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and support.

Good luck on your journey

hi Sharon, well one week in and I lost half a stone . Slimming world is too good to be true, dont you think? I could not believe it, but I think it is the weigh ins from now on will be more realistic. I am so delighted because I was definately not hungry and not craving so much sugar as normal. So, so far so good ...

Hey guys new to this but thought strength in numbers and I need strength :) so I'm coming to the end of week 4 - 7lb down so far let's see what Wednesday brings :) x

Back