New Beginning

HappyPhantom

Hi, I have just joined. 23 years old from Manchester. After years of yo-yo dieting and being on every fad diet known to man I am at the highest weight I've ever been, 17st 2lbs. I'm determined to lose it and keep it off. I know HOW to lose weight, I just give up at the first hurdle and gain back whatever I've lost and more. Whilst I've been at univeristy my social life has revolved around alcohol and junk food which is why I've gained most of the weight. Today is a new day and I WILL lose the weight. I plan to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day, walk more often instead of getting taxis everywhere, and when I've lost 2st I will start going to the gym and swimming again.

Hi Happy,

Welcome and all the best with your weight loss!

I too, gained a lot of weight at Uni, when I left I weighted 19st which shocked the hell out of me. Not enought to do something about it as I was still able to go out partying, enjoyed life and never struggled to find boyfriends etc... However 10 years down the line, I got up to 26st, and reached a point where I didnt want to go out anymore and absorbed myself in work and ignored the elephant in the room, for want of a better phrase!

Its fantastic that you have decided to address your weight concerns now, I wish I had when I was at Uni! In no time, I'm sure you will see results. All the best x

Hello and Welcome!
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. We both are starting off at similar weights so I am sure we will bump into each other on the forums!

Sharkbait1983
:p:p:p

Heyy,

How's the low calorie diet going?? What kinds of things are you eating??

I'm still at uni, just about to start my 4th year and I think I'm one of the few people that has lost weight whilst studying! I've lost about 6 stone whilst at uni, mostly down to calorie counting and joining the gym a year ago...

If you need any advice then feel free to ask away!

Good luck on your journey to weight loss, never give up and remember everyone has their bad days :)

Back