New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

Haha I posted the same thread lol. I LOVE the biggest loser!! Really Looking 4ward to it :).
Ccxx

I've lost 5st in 16 weeks and that's with no exercise and bad weeks where I've only lost 1 or 2 lbs.. so on a strict diet and training regime it's entirely possible to loose 100+ lbs i suppose..

If I'd have known it was going to be on again I might have applied....
do they pay you while you're on it?

bah, it's already finished.. the application form says that you must be availible between the start of september and the end of october to stay at the "health farm".. so they've already finished recordings then...?

needed to be couples as well... mother / daughter, brothers / sisters, old school friends etc.. no singles allowed.... booo..

Yeh it comes on screen 10th Jan so must have been pre-recorded! Bad luck, but hey, no reason whatsoever why you can't go it alone, without all the media pressure!! You're doing marvellously well already!!X

They finished filming in october but there will be a live finale at the end of the series.

Give me Davina over Kate Garraway anyday!!!!

As for the safety, I read AWFUL things about it, I thought it was on here actually, ages ago. Like a previous finalist claims he was peeing blood, severely malnourished etc etc. Thats meant to be why the UK losses aren't just as good, the rules regarding their safety is much tighter here.

Give me Davina over Kate Garraway anyday!!!!

As for the safety, I read AWFUL things about it, I thought it was on here actually, ages ago. Like a previous finalist claims he was peeing blood, severely malnourished etc etc. Thats meant to be why the UK losses aren't just as good, the rules regarding their safety is much tighter here.

That sounds about right! I did a search earlier for 'do biggest loser contestants keep the weight off?' and it came up with some really negative things- so I switched off! It'll be good entertainment all the same!!X

funcurls said:
Ooh sorry hun, I didn't see it!!X

Lol no worries! Just glad there are some other BL fans on here. X

I love it!! I started my sw journey when biggest loser couples was on in July!! Loved it, can't wait for uk version

Waheey - I'm going to compete alongside it!

I'm going to treat it as though I was one of the competitors and see what I lose in the same time frame:)

Wish I could have something like that handed on a plate - just turn up and have it all mapped out and follow the rules, top help, diet, exercise plan etc.

Something to V+ though - so not all bad!

i love biggest loser it kept me motivated cant wait for it to come back on:D

Yep - should be a good topic of conversation on these boards - especially as we'll be giving them expert advice lol.

Can anyone tell me what channel the US show is on as I've never heard of it.....thanks

Hi Kim, the only listing I can find for The Biggest Loser USA on Jan 4th is on LivingIt (Sky channel 114) at 9pm.

A little off topic, but does anyone remember that show Dietbusters? Used to come on the Discovery Home & Health channel. I wish they did weight loss shows like that now...everything is either made a competition (not that it's not enjoyable) or a crazy surgery based show now (Have you seen Fat Doctor??? Ughhhhh, I can't watch!).

I loved that show because it was just about showing the people before and after, talking about the various weight loss methods they used. Very motivating. And quite a few of the people on it were SW members. Actually, I'm going to see if I can find it on YouTube....

Back