New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

wasn't it role reversal in the red team this week again?
shelost loads and he didn't... more tactics me thinks..

wasn't it role reversal in the red team this week again?
shelost loads and he didn't... more tactics me thinks..

Last week when they had immunity again, he didn't lose much. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned given how much focus the entire issue had. The US red team are terribly annoying as are the greys now. I like Michael and Daris

Michaels hilarious, but I don't mind the greys. Michael was brill doing the challenge and I was pleased he won immunity although as long as the reds didn't get it again I didn't mind too much.

I think jillian was great with Darus though; she understands the teenagers feelings because she was overweight as a teen herself so she's great at helping them.

i hate,hate,hate the reds! i hope they are gone soon.....i definately think they are up to something!
im loving the yellows though-was strangely drawn to them in the first program and hoping it would be them to come back.

I'm reallly confused as to how its possible for people to "throw" the weigh in on the Biggest Loser (I'm talking US version here - LivingIt on Tuesday nights - perhaps there should be a separate thread or it could get confusing!)

Obviously there is something odd going on with the red team, but how is it possible for them to deliberately gain/maintain. The trainers are with them when they train, and they stay on the ranch eating I assume only what's available in the fridge/cupboards. Do they give them access to bad food as well? Can they come and go and pop out to MaccyDs, or phone in for a pizza? None of this is shown on the TV - how much are we not seeing?

At one point I even wondered if they hid weights in their shoes, but realised they weigh in bare feet, and tight outfits that you couldnt hide anything like that in!

I'm going to have to stop watching the programmes on the evening they are broadcast!

The weekend's here and I've nothing to watch!

Does anyone know if any of the previous series of these are available anywhere? i-player, on-demand, catchup etc.?

Steve

Google USA couples and look at there pics!!!

ColJack said:
I wish I hadn't since now I know who won.. but holly crap.!!!!!

warning, following the link may lead to spoilers..

before and after pics of the US contestants..
New Pics: 'The Biggest Loser: Couples ' Before & After

Holy crap doesn't even cover it!!!!!! Astonishing, amazing and best of all I still don't know who won ? Managed to look at the pics but not read stats on side (under their name)!

Very impressive but just hoping it's not the red team ? ?

There's a fair old bit of subtle airbrushing going on there, not to mention the girdles, or support garments that the ladies (and some of the men) are wearing under their outfits (check for the line near the bust line where you can see where it finishes).

They are very impressive losses though. I don't watch the US one - how long a period are the losses over?

There's a fair old bit of subtle airbrushing going on there, not to mention the girdles, or support garments that the ladies (and some of the men) are wearing under their outfits (check for the line near the bust line where you can see where it finishes).

They are very impressive losses though. I don't watch the US one - how long a period are the losses over?

Its same as the UK one, its over about 12/16 weeks. The US losses are always far more impressive

I don't doubt that there's a good bit of makeup / fake tan etc involved in the after pics, and maybe some sort of "magic" underwear, but there's going to be some issue of excess skin / sagging involved so it's more likely to be to pull that in / up where needed...
It's still impressive though.. 50% + weight loss for the winner wasn't it?

I know, surely that's like a stone a week or something!

I wonder if their big losses have anything to do with the foods available in the us an how much of a persons diet out there can be processed and full of additives, an whether the healthy food shocks them into bigger losses. Just a thought, as there are some seriously impressive losses there!!

I think that the extreme exercise helps them..
they get into the "fat burning zone" by working to exaustion where they've used up all the "easy" energy from the carbs and go into ketosis where they start burning the fat to fuel themselves..

we're told that exercise doesn't help us that much on SW but that's because we have a reasonable amount of "free" carbs and don't do nearly as much as they do on the show.. ( 4 or 5 times a day for a couple of hours at a time? )

In fairness their's is all so intense compared to our own little SW journeys, but hey, it makes for cracking entertainment and lots of discussion.

I also believe it shows how far we have come when we can be critical of these people and their methods.:cool:

Last edited:
Back