New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

I do hate the stupid subway adverts tho!

Rob may not have lost much since leaving but how much more confident was he!? He's back playing rugby and has got his social life back surely that's what it's all about completely changing your life and your happiness??

Paddy looked absolutely amazing, was sobbing when he was talking! And go Claire! How confident is she now! Wish there was an itv2 show now!!

They all so looked good, well done to the finalists! Losing weight is so bloody difficult.

Starlight said:
I can't believe these losses!! 2 and 3 stones in 21 weeks?? That's pretty poor for BL results. I honestly can't understand why the UK losses are so poor in relation to the US/AUS ones

So true!!! Maybe it's coz US pips are bigger? Never watched the Oz one.

Starlight said:
I can't believe these losses!! 2 and 3 stones in 21 weeks?? That's pretty poor for BL results. I honestly can't understand why the UK losses are so poor in relation to the US/AUS ones

I thought this when I flicked over and wondered if there wasn't as big a gap between until they said it had been 21 weeks.
Will and paddy looked amazing though!

Phew! What an emotional night! Absolutely brilliant to see not only the physical changes in the contestants but also how their mind set and confidence has altered for the better. Very pleased that Wil and Paddy won...I really think they deserved it.

Divalicious said:
So true!!! Maybe it's coz US pips are bigger? Never watched the Oz one.

Some if the ones on the US version are bigger, but some are 25 odd stone. they do seem to be getting bigger each series. the uk version was over 21 weeks and the US & Aussie version is over 6 months (3 on camp 3 off camp)

On the US version they lose loads more and the last Aussie one I watched they lost more than the American contestants. The transformations on there are unbelievable, they get a makeover mid way too, but the end results....wow! Put it this way last yrs US winner lost over 50% over their body weight. I'm not knocking what the uk contestants lost but I do wonder what they do so diff over there to get huge losses each week.

Xxx

Starlight you make a very good point, the results in terms of the competition and for the purposes of our entertainment are poor compared to the US/Ozzie shows! However I don't think its such a bad thing for the individuals now the show has drawn to a close! These people have to maintain this lifestyle and continue to lose the weight! There are articles on internet about past contestants who just haven't been able to keep the weight off after losing it so quickly, intensely and under so much pressure! X

Ames-Showgirl said:
Rob may not have lost much since leaving but how much more confident was he!? He's back playing rugby and has got his social life back surely that's what it's all about completely changing your life and your happiness??

Paddy looked absolutely amazing, was sobbing when he was talking! And go Claire! How confident is she now! Wish there was an itv2 show now!!

I completely agree! It's the change in lifestyle and improvement in self-worth that's most important! Rob may not have achieved enough to win the show but he may well slowly and healthily get to his target weight! X

Wow, Claire and Paddy looked amazing! Paddy has turned into a real looker. And Claire has transformed!

Having watched the last couple of series of the US version, I dont think I'll be wasting my time on the UK version again.

I really think they could have got those kind of losses on Slimming world in a similar time frame! Sustainable or not, this is a TV show and needs to be entertaining, and compared to the US version that was a total snoozefest!

It all seemed to be about the temptations, and the losses compared to the US version were woeful. Okay, they might not be as big as the US contestants, but they arent far off, and they had quite a few weeks of 1-2lb losses or even no change - the guys on the US version are getting double figures nearly every week.

I really dont see why the series was so short lived, the US version has about 3 months of the at home period, and when they do the final its incredible.

Sorry to be blunt, but with the execption of perhaps Paddy, these people are still fat!

I certainly didnt think most of them looked "amazing" they had hair and make-up and flattering outfits compared to the "before" footage - of course they are going to look a little better than before.

All Claire needed was a hair cut and a little bit of conditioner to look any better than she did before.

Although Karen's new haircut I think added 10 years!

Yay for the US version on SkyLivingIT tonight...

what did mark lose? about 6 st? in 21 weeks?
I've lost 6st in 26 weeks on SW without all that exercise..

Claireybella said:
Sara looked superb, I was sooo shocked at the difference in her! Paddy looked amazing too, I'm so glad he won the holiday! Didn't really care about the final three, if I'm honest!

I totally agree about Sara! Not sure it was all weight loss related - it's amazing what a decent haircut and contact lenses can do :)

I totally agree about Sara! Not sure it was all weight loss related - it's amazing what a decent haircut and contact lenses can do :)

I don't know, I think the weight loss did add to it, esp when they showed all of her before footage. I didn't think she'd lose anywhere near that amount, she didn't seem that into when she got voted off.

Funky monkey said:

It's kinda like the celeb 'before' photos when they have no make up, sad faces are slouching and pushing their bellies out. You just know once the slap is on their posture is better and they're smiling they'll look about 2 stones lighter lol

Back