New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

Hi Coljack,

It's difficult to know what to put in reply to your post, but I'm not one to have a nose and then run x

What you have achieved so far is mind blowing. And I have lost count of the number of times people have commented on how you inspire them...basically if you can do so well then maybe the rest of us can follow suit.

But I can appreciate it must be so much harder when there is a large amount of weight to lose. I wonder how many people could watch Mike struggling with his frustration and anger without shedding a tear or two. Not because we pity him, but because we see a man who has come so far...but still has a long way to go, and we feel for him x.

It's a shame about not being able to access suitable home exercise equipment, and I feel the same way about goin to a gym as you. I don't want to be stared at or ridiculed by perfect people in their Lycra and spandex...but in fairness I've never been to a gym so I could be making unfair assumptions.

You know you are going to make it x It's gonna take a while, but unlike Mike you are not in a competition, or a race, and so you can take it one day at a time, one stone at a time until you get there x. It's a pain you can't speed things up yet with loads of exercise like they do on TBL, but you are still doing so flipping well without it! And it won't be forever...you are losing every week and the time will come when you WILL be able to use ANY equipment you wish with confidence xx

Best wishes to you,

Dawn xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Yep Coljack you've lost something like 110lb since August - I lost 90lb in the same period to reach my target.

I recall being the last person up the hill on the rambling club first trip (I go up and down now to encourage others lol) I also recall looking very out of place in the gym, a bit like the odd-looking maintenance guy but without the clipboard and pen behind the ear lol.

Strangely enough, I considered a treadmill for home and an exercise bike etc. - instead I use the great outdoors - can walk as much (or run) as I want then. Now seriously considering a decent bike as I love the idea of being green and cycling the 9ish miles to and from work each day - well until the bad weather kicks in of course!

Just remember the longer journey will be the more rewarding one:)

Thanks for the kind words..
I do go for walks with a lady from the group on a weekend, but that's still 2 hours of boring.... ( no offence ment to the lady I go with.. :) )
I'm a fair weather walker too so if it's raining then I won't go, whereas if I had a treadmill I could whack it on for an hour or so each night ( walking ) and still watch telly or surf Minimins etc.... something to occupy my mind..

If I get a bike, I may rig up some kind of stand and rolling road ( with variable resistance maybe ) and then I can use it indoors as an exercise bike too.

ColJack said:
Thanks for the kind words..

If I get a bike, I may rig up some kind of stand and rolling road ( with variable resistance maybe ) and then I can use it indoors as an exercise bike too.

Now that sounds like quite an idea...are u good with your hands? (no innuendos please ladies!)

Is there anything already on the market like it? I feel a dragons den moment coming on...

Yes there are already several available but at £150+ I can make my own cheaper. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

In that case its probably worth giving it a go?

The shop bought ones sound rather pricey to me, and you'd probably still have to put it all together yourself as its bound to be flat packed! ;)

You have done so well Coljack, dont forget that it took you years to gain those extra pounds, same as me, so in theory we shouldnt be in a rush to loose them, if that makes sense.x

oh my god did you see this last night.
how much weight has Ramone (sp) put on since series 7. even the winner from series 2 had put on weight, and where was Tara, i would have thought that she would have come too.

tara40 said:
oh my god did you see this last night.
how much weight has Ramone (sp) put on since series 7. even the winner from series 2 had put on weight, and where was Tara, i would have thought that she would have come too.

Never saw the other series, only the one with Ali in-she still looks fab :) was so inspired by their marathon efforts, they did that after 5 months training-which really proves anyone can do it with the proper training :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought Sioné had gained weight back too, Mike looked really good though as did Ali.

but he did manage to run from mile 13 to 20, so he must still be quite fit?
I cant believe how well they all done but i thought that Ashley and Mike did brilliantly, and who would have thought that Daris would have turned into this excellent runner !!!
cant wait until next week, even though i know the results.

tara40 said:
but he did manage to run from mile 13 to 20, so he must still be quite fit?
I cant believe how well they all done but i thought that Ashley and Mike did brilliantly, and who would have thought that Daris would have turned into this excellent runner !!!
cant wait until next week, even though i know the results.

I love Daris, I think he is such an inspiration :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last nights show was fab, I take my hats off to them for running that marathon!!

Not sure if it's been posted on here, but I read in a magazine yesterday that Koli and Ashley are an item, and are moving in together after a year long, long distance relationship, and still have a weekly weigh in to keep on track! :) Soooo cute!

Nooo, i thought that after last night it would have been Ashley and Michael!!!

Nooo, i thought that after last night it would have been Ashley and Michael!!!

Me too - From last night i thought Ashley and Michael would get together

Me threeeee

Or Ashley and Daris after Darius' speech to her last night

I cant wait until next week :D

I also think that Ashley looks fab, but i noticed that even though she has lost lots of weight she still has a large 'lower pouch'. I thought that if anything they would have concentrated on working that area at the ranch.

I think Ashley is amazing and she's so truly happy with herself now it's great to see.

Ashley and Koli, no way! I thought it would have been Michael, they seemed so cute together last night, or like op said, Darus after his speech especially when he said she means a lot to him and kind of stroked his face.

Back