• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

new book v old book

hiya all
im doing this slimming world all alone at home and so far i have lost 22lb which im well chuffed about
i know there is a new book out and i just wondered if i should get one.at the mo my book seems to be doin the job so shall i just stick to that 1.

also is it kinda "if it aint broke dont fix it"
i mostly do green days and the odd original not sure if there were many changes in new book that affect green/red cos aernt they doin it now to promote the extra easy?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
the new book does concentrate on extra easy more so its not flip sided and thats about it!

the other difference is that you are ment to eat 1/3 superfree foods with each meal if you can x

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
No just on extra easy xx I find it more difficult to get around the book doing green or red as the healthy extras are split between EE and the other two. there is a long thread on here about the same subject if you do a search in the box at the top of the page. Wow haven't you done well on your own Keep up the good work xx

mojomcl

Silver Member
I joined a class last week, after losing just off 3 stone at home. I'm finding the latest books quite different, but it does seem to make sense. I was pleasently surprised when I sat down this evening to fill in my last few days of food diary (I have been keeping a note as I went, but had to sit and confirm which were free/superfree) and I'm well chuffed to find I'm eating about 80% SF foods naturally! lol So I'm hoping for a bloody big loss at tomorrows WI!

I do agree with the 'if it aint broke don't fix it', but, there again, a good shake up does us all good, and stops us from becoming too complacent (which I think I maybe was, hence joing a proper class - and the cost of joining is less than buying the books on ebay anyway!)

mojomcl

Silver Member
Also ALOT of free food is now in the syn section, !

Ahhh, is it really? That could explain why I was struggling to find a few of the things I've eaten, even though I'm 99% sure they're free. I'll go double check the back of my book, for the couple I still haven't confirmed....

I was faced with the same dilema Hun. In the end I re-joined a class this evening. I have lost 7stones on my own, but feel that I need that little extra push in order for me to get the last 4 stone off.
There are a few changes to the book and I must admit that there were syn values discussed in the class this evening that have changed since I last attended, so there is always that little bit that you could benefit from.