New Decade, New Me

Yesterday was not good. I was 1 minute away from throwing in the towel when I rang my LL but she managed to talk my crying self in to staying the course. I've got a cold at the moment so I think the packs probably taste worse than usual.

So pleased to hear you stuck with it. These days will come and go, but you did the right thing and got through it. Next time it will be even easier.

One, two, three... Decision made; am going to do abstinence for three months and then go on to RTM. I'm already fitting in to my size sixteens and as I went in to this aiming for a twelve I should be all good :)

Having a goal in sight really helps you to stay the course. I had a goal as well, but when I reached it I relaised how easy it would be to just keep going. So I gave it another month and lost another half a stone. Since then i have lost even more. The fact is that your three month time limit isn't set in stone, but knowing this is the minimum is a good thing. it will help you to see an end date which can be motivating.

Well done for getting into the size 16s. it is a great achievement to start feeling a little more normal. I started at a size 18 in jeans and now fit a 12. I am size 8-10 on my upper half down from a size 14. it took me just 16 weeks to get there and I lost quite slowly.

Yeah, having the goal in mind is really helping me to stay focused and stop me cheating!! I've managed to lose the majority of some niggling bits of body fat that I've had hanging around since my pre-teens so that was a rather lovely surprise. I have decided to order a few packs from slim and save to offer some variety; I can't just live off chocolate shakes for every meal; all the other packs seem to be creating some er- negative side-effects so I really need to see if I can find at least one real meal pack that doesn't mess with my bowel!!!

Am going on holiday with my folks in eight weeks so I can see that being a really big challenge. I usually link camping with pub lunches and curly-wurlys after a walk so fingers crossed I can get my head right before I take off and go stay in a "mega pod" with them. If I can't make the packs I might see if I can just stick to protein and vegetables etc... Like the first couple of weeks on RTM. I'll see when I get there.

Off to make myself a shake!!!

Hi, my name is Ciara and I have a consultation with my LLC next Thursday - going to start Thursday week, i am a little nervous and have no will power but seriously need to lose weight as it is making me a very unhappy person. Any tips for me??:D

Hey Ciara! I've been on the plan for a month and the very best advice I can offer is to never bottle up anything you're feeling. Things are going to be crappy for a few days, good for a few days etc etc. The important thing to remember is that everyone feels the same way and you're not alone with all our minimims here to help.

hi guys, I'm on going for first weigh in tonight, found it stupidly hard this week and I'm only having shakes , however shakes are makin me feel sick now and seem to keep skipping one, any advice??

Am hoping I like the bars as I don't think I can go on drinking shakes continuously
:cry:

Well done on all UR weight loss so far!

Hi all - havent a clue how to work this forum so excuse the interuption, I started today had the raspberry porridge for breakie and some mushroom soup which i enjoyed..but have wicked heatburn or an empty feelng in my chest! is this normal??

amzie: have you thought of trying a chocolate shake hot? makes a really nice hot chocolate if you add some sweetener.

junk: hmmm i've never had that but the only thing that might give you heartburn on lighterlife is citric acid =/ i've never heard of a raspberry porridge so maybe check what's in it?

sorry for late reply, got really really sick!!!

wow it's been a long time since i've posted here... naughty naughty beth! anyway... things over the past month or two have been hard but the end is in sight and it's a great feeling. everywhere i go now people keep telling me how beautiful i look which is really strange to say the very least! am planning on coming off of total in 28 days (and counting) to start route to management. sustaining a 4lb a week weight loss so in that time i should be down to the low eleven stones and that's all that i really ever wanted out of lighterlife. i've gotten so much from the counseling and just feel like a completely different person... i got more than i bargained for and am so glad that i started this. it's been a hard slog but so worth it.

Hiya, Beth! Sounds like you've done really well. I think we need some before and after pics! :D

Back