New girl looking for pre prepared stuff

Wonderhorse

Hello :wave_cry:
I'm starting SW today from home with a copy of the plan and a food directory.
I did SW before, about 5 years ago and lost 2.5 stone but since then I've forgotten most of it so starting again is quite a learning curve! All this EE stuff is totally new to me too.

At the mo I'm making copies of all the recipes I fancy so I can get a shopping list together, but I'm not up to date on already prepared stuff thats low syn or free. I remember I used to mostly do green days and eat a lot of Batchelors Pasta n Sauce and a lot of Muller Lights last time but I can't remember much else lol. Can anyone recommend some similar kind of things? I mostly shop at Tesco but can easily get anywhere else apart from Asda.
Any other starting tips would be great too. Thanks, and I hope I've put this in the right place!

Noodles! They're free. The dried kind.
All your lean meats are free on the EE option.
All your veg and fruit are free, so long as the fruit is raw.
Beans are free, so you could potentially have beans on whole meal toast, and it would be free, if you used your healthy extra B choice for bread.
Most "dinner types" are free, like your meat and three veg. But if you add gravy etc, you're into syns.

Wonderhorse said:
Hello :wave_cry:
I'm starting SW today from home with a copy of the plan and a food directory.
I did SW before, about 5 years ago and lost 2.5 stone but since then I've forgotten most of it so starting again is quite a learning curve! All this EE stuff is totally new to me too.

At the mo I'm making copies of all the recipes I fancy so I can get a shopping list together, but I'm not up to date on already prepared stuff thats low syn or free. I remember I used to mostly do green days and eat a lot of Batchelors Pasta n Sauce and a lot of Muller Lights last time but I can't remember much else lol. Can anyone recommend some similar kind of things? I mostly shop at Tesco but can easily get anywhere else apart from Asda.
Any other starting tips would be great too. Thanks, and I hope I've put this in the right place!

Hi and welcome! If you look in the Syn Value sub forum there are lots of threads which could help you :) including a couple of 'sticky' threads(at the top) with muller lights and pasta and sauce/mugshots etc x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
lots of sticky threads you can look at but make sure the syn values are still current cos I got caught by not double checking with syns on line.
Asda-tinned chick pea dahl-free on ee/green
Asda extra special lamb shank in rosemary and garlic free-the minted one has a couple of syns.
Tesco simply cook gammon in honey,minted lamb shank and couple of others free(think there was a athread if you minmins search simply cook)

lots of sticky threads you can look at but make sure the syn values are still current cos I got caught by not double checking with syns on line.
Asda-tinned chick pea dahl-free on ee/green
Asda extra special lamb shank in rosemary and garlic free-the minted one has a couple of syns.
Tesco simply cook gammon in honey,minted lamb shank and couple of others free(think there was a athread if you minmins search simply cook)
Yes the simply cook lamb shank in minted gravy is free but only the chilled one. They do one which is frozen and thats not free!

Back