New here! 7 weeks into the diet (Cruise phase). Need advice with with a major change.

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here, and in any Dukan forum :)

I've been practicing the Dukan Diet since November 6th, did 5 days of the Attack Phase and since then I am in the Cruise. My starting weight was 75 kg, after seven weeks I reached 64.5 kg (my current weight) when my True Weight is 58 kg.
Things have been going well, I've been strict with myself, and I saw the results. However, I have to stop the Cruise Phase short due to a long trip in India. On January 30th, I will be travelling for 3-4 months. Since the diet in India is mostly vegetarian, and since I will be backpacking, it will be impossible to stay on the Dukan.
In addition to that, I have two more concerns. The first is that I am currently living in Europe, I'm leaving permanently very soon and because this is my last two and a half weeks here (leaving January 13th) I wanted to allow myself 3-4 "celebration meals" since I will celebrating my departure with friends. So I actually finish the Dukan Diet as it should be... today. I do two weeks (more or less) during which I allow myself 3-4 celebration meals and then I have two and a half more weeks before my departure to India.

So these are my questions:
1. Do you think that it is possible for me to have 3-4 celebration meals during the next 2.5 weeks and still be able to lose weight? I haven't reached my True Weight, and I really don't want to be set back. I want to try and think of a way to do this and still continue my diet. I was thinking of increasing my work-outs, and making sure that the rest of my food intake is mostly fat-free proteins.
2. The last 2.5 weeks before my flight - do I go back to Dukan Cruise Phase, or move on to Consolidation? I was thinking that my body needs time to adjust back to carbs and sugars before I go so it will not be overwhelmed during the trip. How do I do this and continue losing weight? I was thinking of adding the two slices of bread per day and the apple, but no celebration meals plus a protein only day a week.

So, this is my pickle! I would really appreciate your insight on this, it's quite an irregular Dukan question.

Thank you,
M.

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here, and in any Dukan forum :)

I've been practicing the Dukan Diet since November 6th, did 5 days of the Attack Phase and since then I am in the Cruise. My starting weight was 75 kg, after seven weeks I reached 64.5 kg (my current weight) when my True Weight is 58 kg.
Things have been going well, I've been strict with myself, and I saw the results. However, I have to stop the Cruise Phase short due to a long trip in India. On January 30th, I will be travelling for 3-4 months. Since the diet in India is mostly vegetarian, and since I will be backpacking, it will be impossible to stay on the Dukan.
In addition to that, I have two more concerns. The first is that I am currently living in Europe, I'm leaving permanently very soon and because this is my last two and a half weeks here (leaving January 13th) I wanted to allow myself 3-4 "celebration meals" since I will celebrating my departure with friends. So I actually finish the Dukan Diet as it should be... today. I do two weeks (more or less) during which I allow myself 3-4 celebration meals and then I have two and a half more weeks before my departure to India.

So these are my questions:
1. Do you think that it is possible for me to have 3-4 celebration meals during the next 2.5 weeks and still be able to lose weight? I haven't reached my True Weight, and I really don't want to be set back. I want to try and think of a way to do this and still continue my diet. I was thinking of increasing my work-outs, and making sure that the rest of my food intake is mostly fat-free proteins.
2. The last 2.5 weeks before my flight - do I go back to Dukan Cruise Phase, or move on to Consolidation? I was thinking that my body needs time to adjust back to carbs and sugars before I go so it will not be overwhelmed during the trip. How do I do this and continue losing weight? I was thinking of adding the two slices of bread per day and the apple, but no celebration meals plus a protein only day a week.

So, this is my pickle! I would really appreciate your insight on this, it's quite an irregular Dukan question.

Thank you,
M.

Anybody...? :sigh:

Hi PC

Sorry, you've caught 'the boards' at a very quiet time.

I guess it's all a personal choice and my personal choice would be to enjoy your '3 or 4' gala meals BUT stay on on Cruise (rather than move to full Conso). I would also aim to STS, rather than lose.

Hope this helps - enjoy your trip and huge congratulations on your weightloss so far.

Happy new year :D

P x

Hi Paulinegin,

So do you think that I shouldn't start adding the bread and the apples and just do the celebration meals? I was worried that it might "shock" my body to recieve fat and carbs all of a sudden and that it will respond better if I "prep" it beforehand.

Thank you very much for your help!
M

Hello P,

I am just new here, but was successful Dukner last year (returning to get back to TW after illness).

Consolidation seems really manageable to me and many people still lose. Bit gives you a bit more flexiibility, so if you are staying on Dukan, maybe Consol, or Stabilization rules would work for you.....just a thought.

Good luck on your journey ...sounds like a big one ;)

Back