Step 1 Sole Source new here and new to cd ss

Hi, im new here so hope im ok to post here :)I started cd ss on thursday 2/5/13 and am on day 4 now and am just starting to get into a routine (after struggling so bad the first two days) every thought and dream I had was food based.. every food smell burned in my nose and made my mouth water like a loonatic ;) im guessing its kinda normal for cd? I guess having 3 girls (aged 11..6 and 5) doesnt help as I have to do the dinners this week as my fiance is working late :0 (lol) and he is a pain because he keeps eating my fav foods infront of me when he gets in and needless to say I have snapped at him umpteen times but he is taking it on the chin(so far).. we're getting married in november which is one reason for starting cd ss :) I haven't yet gone dress shopping because I didnt want to try size 18/20 dresses.. I have battled with the thought of jumping on the scales but am determined not to till thursday (weigh in day) I dont know if its in my mind but I can see and feel a small loss of my big belly and can actually see my toes when I look down :D I definitely couldn't before.. well I wish you all well on your journeys and hope to post soon and possibly post with others on cd ss :)

Welcome Disney, and good luck on your journey to a slimmer you :)

Being obsessed with food is totally normal. We all get this and some of us even go through a feeding phase where we have to feed everyone around us (s we can't eat, we eat through them?). My husband loves this, hehe.

It's tough to have your fiancé eating in front of you. Maybe he doesn't realise? My husband didn't use to but now he is so considerate. When I'm struggling, he even eats on his own on the kitchen counter...

How much would you like to lose for your wedding?

Hi book-worm
Thanks for your reply.. im currently 16st 3lbs and would love to be in the 10st region for my wedding which is november 30th BUT not getting my hopes up can honestly say i would be over the moon to be anything less than 12st as I havent been that since 2001 :) before my eldest daughter was born.. my long term target is 9st 3lb and I want to get there by December 2014 as I turn 30 then and hope to take my three girls to disney land for christmas as my eldest turns 13 the same year I turn 30.. my partner doesnt understand at the moment, he really tries to but he always says he loves me regardless of size :) which is sweet BUT im doing it for me so he will not tempt me ;) I am so inspired by everyones journeys on here and yours is very inspiring! :) xxx

Losing 6st in 7 months is perfectly achievable! Wait to see how you lose and after 2-3 months you'll have a better idea of how much you're likely to lose :)

Partners don't always understand at first. Mine used to tell me he loved me whatever size I was...until I started getting slimmer and slimmer and he rediscovered the slimmer version of me with whom he fell in love :) Now he is really behind me, encouraging me and - dare I say it?- massaging my ego lol

I'm turning 30 this year too (in fact, in 11 days!) and I'm so so so happy to be so much slimmer! In fact, as I said on my thread, I feel younger than I was at 25 when I was 21st!! I used to be enormous and I don't even have the excuse of pregnancy weight...

This website is great for inspiration. When I have a wobbly moment, I visit the cambridge one but also the other VLCD sections, and the success story section too :) xxx

Hi!
Also new here I am doing step 2 3 packets a day and small dinner on the night chicken with veg ect.
It's my 2nd day and not gonna lie I am starving lol I hope bit gets easier! Would love some buddies on here to keep me going! X

Hi girls,

Welcome, its great to have a group of people when your starting to chat to.

If it was Easy everyone would be skinny thats what i keep saying to myself!!First week and start of the second week are very hard i wont lie but after that it gets much easier,and you get into a routine.

I wanted to kill everyone in my site that was gettin nice food, i coudlnt be around anyone but now im ok i even go out for dinners ,i just sick with the salad option.But the more weight you loose the better you feel about yourself and then other people start noticing.

My Target weight is 10 stone i started Cambridge 8 weeks ago weighing 19st nearly fell off the scales when i was weight i always just ate what i want and would never thinkg twice about it. Im on my 8th wk now and have lost 2 stone.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend:) Looking forward to your posts

Ex

Good luck Disney it gets easier - in wk 5 now and 3lbs off a 2 stone weight loss x

Thanks emz33 and bex 74! :)

Today has been really hard :/ we went to my mums and I struggled when everyone had yummy sunday meal and choc cake and I had my shake :'( I miss my mums cooking but was so proud that I stuck my grounds! :D
Can anyone suggest a 'rough' weight loss per week? I have seen it vary but wonder if 4/5 per week is possible for first 12 weeks doing ss?

Its the hardest at the start when ur around people that are eattin nice food, in a few weeks you will have no bother with this and will go to your mums and not miss the cooking.

If your just doing ss then 4-5 is achievable but ever week is different last week i lost 5lbs and this wk only lost 2.5 so you cant really say.

Good Luck huni xx

E x

Back