New here, January 23rd 2013. New Year. New Start

Hi everyone,
I've looked at this website from time to time when wanting to find out the calories in something or advice on something... but I wanted to finally set up my own profile here so I can not only track my own progress but also chat with others here.

About 7 yrs ago around 2004-2005 I was 21 and I was at my heaviest, at 15stone. I only weighed myself once when I was that big... I saw the number 15 and didn't want to weigh myself again. I was a Uni student and I would buy bigger clothes rather than realise I needed to diet. I was drinking with my friends and eating pizza, burgers, chip
s, chocolate... all the rubbish my Mum and Dad *never* gave me when I was growing up. I went 7hrs away to Uni and just ate so badly and it was like I didn't even notice how big I was getting. My weight just went up and up... fast. So after that time, I went abroad and lost weight easily, I lost 3 stone as soon as I started eating better around 5-6 yrs ago..I didn't even consciously try to lose it then to be honest...it just came off as soon as I finished living with friends at Uni. Then I lost another stone around 2007 and then I settled at about 11.5stone for a while - too big for my height of 5ft 5. I need to be 10.7st to have a healthy BMI. :eek: I love having a healthy BMI now though.. I feel so much better! THe hard part could be losing the next stone though. And the hardest... maintaining it.

I got married a year & a half ago and got to my lightest at 9st 10lb. I felt amazing.. I was confident about my body for the very first time. I dieted for a few months up to my wedding which is when I got down from 11st (where I seem to stay quite easily unless I'm careful) to 9st 10lb. After my wedding, I was more relaxed about the way I looked - I wasn't eating badly, but I had lots of dinner parties with friends and drank too much wine etc and didn't exercise, so my weight crept back up to 11.7stone in the past year.

Now I'm back in control of things again and I am getting closer to the weight I was when I got married. I actually want to get to about 9st 5lb, so I can have a few lb to play with if I'm having a special weekend away or something and eating out a restaurants without much control over the calories in my meals etc. My goal is to lose another stone and then most importantly **maintain** and get fitter and healthier before my hubby and I start trying for a baby.
;)
I use My Fitness Pal, which I love.
2013 is the year I will be at the size I am happiest, and healthiest, and its the start of a new me...

I hope i can be of support to others on here, I've been big... really big.. and I've been slim to the point where I've looked in amazement in the mirror every day. I know where I was at my happiest and I want to help others to find their way to a place where they are happiest too.

Hi. Just read tour thread and wow its absolutely inspirational!! It aas lovely to read so thanks for sharing! Welcome and well done with alk your weight loss!!! :)

Hey, thanks. I hope checking in on this website will help keep me inspired by other people's success and on-track. I want to reach my goal by Easter if possible... and maintain. Hubby and I have talked about babies and we think we'd like to start trying this summer :eek: so I want to use this time to be as healthy as I can.. and have good habits to if (hopefully) I do get pregnant later this year or whenever it happens for us, then I'd love to have a healthy pregnancy and not gain loads of weight!

Sounds like you know what you want now go out there and get!!!! PMA all the way! Im trying to lose my 3x baby weight lost 3.5 stone already another 2 stone maybe to go!! Good luck to you :)

Back