New here :)

nataliej

Silver Member
Hi all..
I'm starting LT on Monday .. But have my doubts about it.. Everybody is saying that I will loose weight and then put twice as much back on? And are we allowed to exercise on LT just if we loose weight so rapidly I would like to tone whilst I am doing it!

And can we go onto a diet like SW after and continue to loose weight? just worried my body will store all food as fat!
if anyone can help me it would be most appreciated! Really wanna give this a go!!!
Thanks in advance xxx

Hello Natalie. Welcome to the forum! I've been only been on LT for 5 weeks and I've got a long way to go until I reach my goal so I can't comment on whether you will put all the weight back on. All I can say is its probably down to you and how diciplined you are when you finish. All I know at the moment is LT has been the only way I've been able to lose weight for a long time and its coming off fast! There is a very strict refeeding programme to follow when you come off LT, I haven't read up on it too much yet but from what I understand its essential to follow. I don't see why you couldn't go straight to SW after aslong as you refed properly. Hard excercise is definitely a no no on LT as it will slow down your weight loss. There are quite a few threads on here about excercise so have a search. Good luck tomorrow.

BM

Busy Mum said:
Hello Natalie. Welcome to the forum! I've been only been on LT for 5 weeks and I've got a long way to go until I reach my goal so I can't comment on whether you will put all the weight back on. All I can say is its probably down to you and how diciplined you are when you finish. All I know at the moment is LT has been the only way I've been able to lose weight for a long time and its coming off fast! There is a very strict refeeding programme to follow when you come off LT, I haven't read up on it too much yet but from what I understand its essential to follow. I don't see why you couldn't go straight to SW after aslong as you refed properly. Hard excercise is definitely a no no on LT as it will slow down your weight loss. There are quite a few threads on here about excercise so have a search. Good luck tomorrow.

BM

Thanks for the reply! .. Glad to hear its goin well for u.. How much have u lost so far? I really hope I can do this.. Just need. Bit of a boost and hopefully keep it off ;)

Hiya, Lt really is a fab diet the weight does come off rapidly but obviously if u go back to eating what you did the weight will go back on. I lost a sone and a half about 6 mths ago and have now but it back on but its my fault not the diet but i know that in a few weks it will be gone again so for me its just the way it is and it fine although of course id rather keep it off. Anyway here goes for day 1 for me tomo. Good luch and stay strong i usualy lose nealy a stone in the first week which keeps me motivated.

Good luck
x

nataliej said:
Hi all..
I'm starting LT on Monday .. But have my doubts about it.. Everybody is saying that I will loose weight and then put twice as much back on? And are we allowed to exercise on LT just if we loose weight so rapidly I would like to tone whilst I am doing it!

I am so glad you asked about that as well as i am also really worried, i would hate to lose all my weight and gain it back. I have been reading the refeed section and it makes for interesting reading. You should have a look. I would hope that our bodies should get used to eating smaller amounts and not go back onto rubbish that we ate before. I will be going onto slimming world when i have 2 stone left to lose but that is about 12months away as i have loads to lose. I am on day 4 tomorrow. Good luck

krazychic said:
I am so glad you asked about that as well as i am also really worried, i would hate to lose all my weight and gain it back. I have been reading the refeed section and it makes for interesting reading. You should have a look. I would hope that our bodies should get used to eating smaller amounts and not go back onto rubbish that we ate before. I will be going onto slimming world when i have 2 stone left to lose but that is about 12months away as i have loads to lose. I am on day 4 tomorrow. Good luck

Thank you.. I will have a read of the thread! That's the only thing I am worried about!! But really determined to make sure I refers properly and then I think il join weight watchers or sw. I will be happy to loose 2-3 stone and then start a slimming club to help me keep the weight off! Just feel desperate at the moment and want a she of it gone ASAP!
Well done for getting to day 4 how are u finding it? Is it true it's easier from day 4 ?
Thank u and good luck to u too

happychicken1 said:
Hiya, Lt really is a fab diet the weight does come off rapidly but obviously if u go back to eating what you did the weight will go back on. I lost a sone and a half about 6 mths ago and have now but it back on but its my fault not the diet but i know that in a few weks it will be gone again so for me its just the way it is and it fine although of course id rather keep it off. Anyway here goes for day 1 for me tomo. Good luch and stay strong i usualy lose nealy a stone in the first week which keeps me motivated.

Good luck
x

Thanks so much! Good luck to u too!
How far in are u? We can all support each other and we will do this!! :) x

nataliej said:
Thank you.. I will have a read of the thread! That's the only thing I am worried about!! But really determined to make sure I refers properly and then I think il join weight watchers or sw. I will be happy to loose 2-3 stone and then start a slimming club to help me keep the weight off! Just feel desperate at the moment and want a she of it gone ASAP!
Well done for getting to day 4 how are u finding it? Is it true it's easier from day 4 ?
Thank u and good luck to u too

To be honest i am still finding it tough, loads of cravings but i started it at the worst time when my period came so i deal with no food and battling differrent types of emotions. I had an unoffical weighin this morning and down 5lbs so its obviously working. Keep reading the threads i find they are keeping me sane and you also pick up tips along the way. For instance i happened to know people were drinking peppermint tea with their shakes, oh what a godsend and it also helps for your breath etc!

Thanks for the reply! .. Glad to hear its goin well for u.. How much have u lost so far? I really hope I can do this.. Just need. Bit of a boost and hopefully keep it off ;)

I have lost 2 stone in 5 weeks!

BM

Hi Krazychic,

How much weight have you got to lose? I started 5 weeks ago weighing 24st 7lbs, I have been on it for 5 weeks and now weight 22st 7lbs. My goal weight is 12 stone so a long way to go yet and I plan to be on LT until I reach my goal, hopefully June/July 2013. It would be nice to have someone else on here who intends to be on LT for a long period of time for support.

BM

Hi busy mum,

I am ashamed to admit but I am 26 stone. When I went to the gp it was either this or weightloss surgery so they tried me on this first. I also want to get to 12 stone so it would be wonderful having some company along the way. You have done very well. In 5 weeks? That is proper amazing, no other diet would give these results. I really hope I do as well. The gp said I will lose lots in the first few weeks because of what I weigh but I am petrified of putting it back on again. The cold weather is not helping either but lukewarm water seems to be going down ok. Keep in touch and good luck for your weighin this week.

Hi nataliej, I started LT a week ago,had my first weigh in today and have lost 10lbs,so well pleased.About 6 years ago I did Lighter Life and lost 5 stone.which got me to my desired weight and did the few weeks refeed and then I went straight into slimming world and maintained it for about 3 years ,but then went on holiday and put on over a stone in 2weeks due to fully inclusive and let it snow-balled from there:sigh:.So I am determined to keep it off this time.But basically whether you lose weight slowly or quickly is irrelevant as to putting it back on.If you keep to a healthy eating plan and do not go back to old eating habits you will keep it off.If like I did and you mess up,get back to healthy plan as soon as you can.:)

Hi busy mum,

I am ashamed to admit but I am 26 stone. When I went to the gp it was either this or weightloss surgery so they tried me on this first. I also want to get to 12 stone so it would be wonderful having some company along the way. You have done very well. In 5 weeks? That is proper amazing, no other diet would give these results. I really hope I do as well. The gp said I will lose lots in the first few weeks because of what I weigh but I am petrified of putting it back on again. The cold weather is not helping either but lukewarm water seems to be going down ok. Keep in touch and good luck for your weighin this week.

If I can do it, you can do it! When's your first weigh in?

BM

krazychic said:
To be honest i am still finding it tough, loads of cravings but i started it at the worst time when my period came so i deal with no food and battling differrent types of emotions. I had an unoffical weighin this morning and down 5lbs so its obviously working. Keep reading the threads i find they are keeping me sane and you also pick up tips along the way. For instance i happened to know people were drinking peppermint tea with their shakes, oh what a godsend and it also helps for your breath etc!

Wow 5 pounds so far is great!! Keep up the good work! Yeh I think il keep coming back here whenever I'm struggling. That's a great tip! Are we allowed all kinds of herbal teas?

Nina22 said:
Hi nataliej, I started LT a week ago,had my first weigh in today and have lost 10lbs,so well pleased.About 6 years ago I did Lighter Life and lost 5 stone.which got me to my desired weight and did the few weeks refeed and then I went straight into slimming world and maintained it for about 3 years ,but then went on holiday and put on over a stone in 2weeks due to fully inclusive and let it snow-balled from there:sigh:.So I am determined to keep it off this time.But basically whether you lose weight slowly or quickly is irrelevant as to putting it back on.If you keep to a healthy eating plan and do not go back to old eating habits you will keep it off.If like I did and you mess up,get back to healthy plan as soon as you can.:)

10 pounds is fantastic!! I hope I have as big of a loss! Well done to you!
And that's good to hear u kept it off with a diet like slimming world because I plan on joining after refeeding , and il probably have the confidence to go to the gym And swimming to keep it off!!
What is your goal this time? I'm hoping to loose 3 stone by January time and after that I will be happy to join a slimming club for the rest!
Best of luck x

Back