New here

Pinkylous

Hello I'm new here I'm 28 5ft 9 and last time I weighed in it was around 17stone ? my scales broke (surprise) so haven't weighed in while.

My doctor recently shocked me by telling me in not so many words that my early miscarriage last month after trying for nearly 2 years was the result of me being fat and to stop it from happening again I need to lose weight.

So I'm given myself 3 months out from trying for a baby to lose as much weight as I can.

My goal is 11stone, but not sure if I will look healthy getting down to that. I've always been up and down with weight and my lowest I can remember being was 13st 13 lbs and I looked quite slim then.

It's funny I'm 17st and people say I don't look anywhere near that but then again that's probably been my problem in that I think oh well if I don't look it then whats the problem then.

Well the problem is that's its stopping me from getting the one thing that I want. So goodbye unhealthy fat self and hopefully hello to pregnant fat self!

Wish me luck. 6 stones in 3 months HAHAHAHA I'm gonna need it.

Hi, pinky. So sorry to hear about your fertility problems. :(

Please be careful - it's virtually impossible to lose 6 stones in 3 months & you're setting yourself up for failure. Why only three months? What diet are you going to follow? Why not 6? If you follow a VLCD you could lose that much in 6 months, and you could be ready for trying to conceive for new year. :)

Just take it one month or one stone at a time, try not to beat yourself up. In the end this is all about health, so if you punish yourself & try to lose 6 stones in 3 months then you are putting your health in danger and therefore putting your fertility in jeopardy, even more so than just being overweight.

Sorry I really didn't put that into words well. I want to lose 6 stone and I'd love to do it in 3 months but that's impossible so I'd like to lose as much as possible in those 3 months.

I'm only giving myself 3 months because technically I was forced into giving up trying for now because I am not immune against rubella so I'm having to have an MMR jab and you can't try for 3 months after as its a live virus and can seriously harm unborn babies.

If it wasn't for the jab id be trying to lose weight and ttc and the same time

Hi and welcome. Good luck for our journey. :)

Back