New manufacturer

j-o said:
When I rang to get brochure, Roche company told me there was a fire in the manufacturers, and that there would be a short supply of xenicol but alternatives would be there

Sounds like its a good job I've got a stockpile then!!!!

Managed to get my prescription whilst visiting family in hull today... They are the teva ones .. Got the last box apparently x

So as I have a repeat prescription of xenical and my gp is on may leave I'm gonna struggle to get it aren't I?! :( x

have you had a chat with the chemist you usually get your medication from. sometimes they will liase with the doctor for you. its worth a try. i have known a pharmacist give me my medication without a script when they know i have it regulaly and have not had the script. i realise this wont work with xenicol but if you have the script i would have thought they would deal with it.

Doctors should really prescribe drugs by the proper name of the drug (orlistat in this case) and not the brand name (ie Xenical) so then the chemist can give you any brand as long as it says orlistat on the box. This is why doctors (mine anyway) don't prescribe "Calpol" they prescribe "paracetamol elixir" or whatever. Just doing it to confuse us I reckon.

KB x

My prescription did say orlistat! :) x

Back