New member.....Hello

cooksongang

:) My name is Julie I'm doing slimming world for the 1st time from home, to help myself and my family change the way we look, feel and think about food. Looking forward to reading all your stories, tips and recipe ideas :D

Hi Julie,

Welcome!! I'm also just starting out and I hope you are as excited as I am about the life change ahead.

Best of luck to you!!

hello and welcome to the forum, good luck with your weight loss journey :) X

Hi CS welcome to the gang and good luck with your journey ;)

Wow choccyfan72 you have done so well:) Are you finding it easy to maintain your weight?? I would love to hear some of your tips/advice x

Hi cooksongang! Welcome to SW and minimins :)
SW is amazing for re-educating the way you look at food as well as your tastebuds! In a few weeks I found I was lo longer craving take aways, which I used to spend all week waiting until it was acceptable to have one without my bf judging me :p (usually one every 6 or 7 days but would have been more if he werent there!) I used to structure all social activities around going out to eat and used to crave sugar on everything.
Now I havent had a take out since.the start of the year and thinking about one doesnt make me drool! I have learnt that sweetner and frylight can so easily replace the high calories in my old meals and I have grown accostemed to diet fizzy drinks, replaced my huge bowl of coco pops for a brekkie of fat free yoghurt with fruit and sweetner... Cant believe how transformed I am! And it is amazing to see the syn value of things I used to scoff daily. I used to wonder why I wasnt losing weight-- now I know!! 150 syns a day! Haha.
Good luck for your journey, we are all here to support one another so just ask if you have any questions :) x

Ty Tetris for your warm welcome :) I am loving SW recipes alot, I have gone back to preparing food from scratch and we all get involved which is gr8 and it's teaching the kids so much from buying the food-preparing-cooking-tasting and enjoying it so happy days :) You are doing well with your journey, well done you. Omg 150 syns if only that would be the easiest diet in the world lol x

Hi honeybun55 ty for the welcome :) good luck to you on your journey 2, are you finding SW easy and what plan are you following? x

I'm doing Slimming World, mainly because I have a fair few friends who do it, so although they live fairly far away I can use them for tips and advice online! They have all done really well as well :) I also thought it would be the easiest one for me to fit into 'family life'! I am only on day 2 lol so still on EE so far, but so far so good and I am enjoying it to be honest, sounds really strange to say that about a diet! How are you getting on? xx

I have done WW in the past Wytchie but I couldn't get into it this time, so a friend mentioned about SW so I got the books and love it. The 1st wk I lost 5lbs on EE :D BUT the 2nd wk I have no idea where I went wrong and I put on 2lbs :confused: So I am in my 3rd wk now and have decided to do Original Mon-Thurs & EE Fri-Sun so will keep you posted, weigh in is on a Sunday :confused: My Hubby is doing Slim fast & doing really well his loss is 7lbs to date, I think eating the SW meals is really helping him :) and our 2 girls are on a healthy eating plan and doing really well 2 :D I will keep everything crossed for your 1st weigh in xx

Welcome to MiniMins! And to SW of course! My C said that EE doesnt always work for some people.. Sometimes its better to shake things up. Like you have :D

Good Luck on your journey

Thanks :) Really hoping for a loss, even if its just a little one lol :eek:

Good luck Julie :D

Thanks for that advice Emmie, I hope shaken it up a bit will make all the difference :) all will be revealed on Sunday :confused: you are doing really well, you must be so pleased with your loss so far :) x

Back