new member lost

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
hi just joined forum and am a little bit lost! at slimming world lost 24.5 lb since nov but the loss has slowed right down!! i am exercising 5 days a week and sticking to the plan, i'm loosing a pound a week now any tips to speed this up a tad!!!:confused:

A pound a week is good. The slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off - that's why crash diets aren't good for you.

I've just got to target and only lost 1/2 to l lb a week but I'm sure it's going to stay off.

Enjoy the journey - you'll get there in the end.

Denise

1lb a week is just right, but if you do want to give it a boost then up your superfree food, and try and eat more speed foods.

Also worth mentioning that it's irrespective of how you lose weight, the ONLY reason it will go back on is if you revert back to bad eating habits. Losing slowly means a more sustainable way of eating in the long term, but even if you do lose weight slowely, it will still go back on if you eat badly.

a 1lb loss a week is normal, big losses only really happen in the first couple of weeks, and that is mainly from water retention.

You are doing fab. So stick it out.

Weigh out something that equals a 1lb in weight on your scales just so you can see how much it actually is.

maybe all the exercise is increasing your muscle which weighs heavier so although the scales are showing smaller losses you are probably more toned ??
xx :)

I lost a stone in the first 2 weeks of december, but since then it's been STS or only a few lbs off a week..
I blame the cold weather as until then it was fairly mild..

whether it's me unknowingly "comfort" eating when it's cold out, or a "hibernation" thing happening on a physical level I don't know..

Back