New mum with 3 stone to lose saying hello

Hi,
This seems like a really friendly, supportive forum and I'd love to join:)

Why I'm Here
Prior to having my gorgeous baby boy in September, I was 11 stone, so already about a stone and a half overweight. I had a cesarean so couldn't do any exercise for 3 months, then came Christmas and I didn't exactly make huge efforts to resist then!

So feeling enormous, I thought I'd better brave the scales in Jan and see just how much I had to lose - :cry:can't believe I got up to 13 and a half stone. I can't even blame the baby, I ate what I wanted and did no exercise. Feel so stupid now. Don't know where I thought it was going to go.

Anyway, I am now feeling determined about losing this weight by the summer. I prefer calorie counting as it has always worked in the past when I have made the effort. I have doing dvds again while baby is asleep. I lost 7lbs this week (though cos I am breast feeding that is prob just fluid changes etc) so feeling happy that I'm off to a good start.

Hope to chat to you and share tips etc over the coming months.

Jen x

Hi Jen,

Firstly Congrats on the birth of your baby boy. What is his name? I have 3 myself so know all about the weight gain during and after pregnancies.

Don't feel too bad about your current weight, the important thing is you are now trying hard to change and that is a big step in the right direction.

Well done on your 7 pounds loss so far, i also do workout dvd's as trying to fit a gym session in is almost impossible for me but i really enjoy the dvd's anyway so that is a bonus.

What sore of calorie range ar you sticking to?
Good luck with it all

Hello Jennifer, congrats and welcome!

Everyone on here is ace and you will get great support and advice. Good luck with everything!

x

Thanks for the welcome.
My little boy is called Benjamin. He is just adorable and I'm loving being a mummy just need to get fitter and lighter now!

Dreamingmaid, did you lose the baby weight between each of your pregnancies or wait until you had your three children? Did it take you long to get back in shape each time?

Thanks
Jenx

Sticking to under 1500 a day but vary the limit between 1000 and 1500 (calorie cycling?)
Doing well for now, never felt this motivated in my life! x

Hi and :welcome:
Congrats on your little boy & good luck with losing 3 stone, please keep us updated!
Oh & well done on losing 7lbs! Fantastic x

Hi,
Jenniferyellowhat, I know what you mean, I too am loving being a mum, nothing better than when they smile at you!!

I am also a new mum looking at losing 3 stone, and also new to this site.
I would like to lose 2 stone before April due to having my lil girls christening in April. I would also like to lose the first stone before valentines.

I had my baby girl Alesha in August and I also ate whatever I wanted and didn't exercise(except the odd visit to the swimming baths).

I am wanting to do this with calorie control diet and lots of exercise, which at the minute finding a little bit difficult, due to Alesha teething and being very clingy!! But when I do get the opportunity I go on the Wii Fit Plus and Wii fit sports, Fitness DVD's and Cross trainer.

I would like any information of the best ways to achieve my goals, along with best things to eat, I love my fruit and veg and love pretty much everything else!!

GOAL:
190lb by Valentines
176lb by easter

Weighing dates & Targets
26/01 - 5lb
02/02 - 5lb
09/02 - 5lb =190lb
16/02 - 2lb
23/02 - 2lb
02/03 - 2lb
09/03 - 2lb
16/03 - 2lb
23/03 - 2lb
30/03 - 2lb =176lb

Hi Gizbok.
Looks like we are in the same boat then! Lots to lose and teething little ones! I was going to the gym last night but my poor little boy just wants mummy when he's in pain - my husband gets off lightly!

I lost 11 lbs in the first 2 weeks. Next weigh in is Wednesday so fingers crossed for the first stone off. Not sure if it is coming off so quickly because of it being pregnancy weight?? Is that different to 'normal' fat? Not sure. I am being really strict with myself on the calorie intake and NO chocolate or crisps. I am loving boiled eggs on crusts off bread at the moment. Really filling for not many calories.

Well I hope we both meet our Valentine's Day challenges. Look forward to talking to you as we go along.

Jen x

Hi,

Its so awful watching them in pain and not being able to do anything about it!!

Well my weight isnt coming off as quick as i'd like it to so really looking into doing either Atkins diet or Cambridge Diet!! Am swaying more to the Cambridge tho...

Am now down to 195lb

How is ur progress going?? Hope everything going well for you!!

Back