new on my slimmimg world journey!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by xterrix, 29 January 2014.

1. xterrix

xterrix Member

Hi all! Tomorrow is the day I begin my Slimmimg world journey (actually quite excited) I am quite a big lady, I dont even know how much I weigh, I am too scared to face the scale s so im expecting a massive shock tmoz and will most probably cry like baby haha!! But is no fault but my own, im really hoping that tmoz will be the kick up the backside I need! Will post my starting weight after weigh in tmoz :/ so in preparation ive been reading allsorts of threads on here, u all soumd great by the way and I know ill get lets of help and support here, also my friend as recently lost 4 stone in 12 mths on SW so shes gave me lots of advice too. I have decided to meal plan for the week ahead and shop online to avoid temptation at the supermarket, I have just been doing my shopping online at tesco but I am stumped as to which beef mince to order as I can only find a lean one and not extra lean, if anyone could help me out here it would be much appreciated I dont want to order the wrong thing! Thanks in advance for any help, and I look forward to sharing my journey with you all :) x
  2. natalie1402

natalie1402 Well-Known Member

For free mince it must be less than 5% fat. But lean mince it about 3 syns per 100g I believe. I used to use extra lean but for those 3syns lean saves so much money x
  3. natalie1402

natalie1402 Well-Known Member

Oh and welcome :) xx
  4. xterrix

xterrix Member

Thanks so much for your speedy reply, will go check it out now on tesco and finish my shop!
  5. beslim2014

beslim2014 Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome, good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  6. kimberleycandukan

kimberleycandukan Well-Known Member

Hiya Terri!

SW is defo the way to go!
    My mum has lost around 5 stone in just under a year and looks and feels fab.
    I'm on about half a stone atm and although have come off plan a couple of times (Christmas & Bday), its so easy to follow that you can climb back on with no trouble.
    Minimins is definitely the way forward.
    I recommend posting what you're eating everyday in your first week as some people on here have got hawks eyes and can help you out. I remember when I found out that asda low fat yogs were between 2-3 syns and I thought they were free! Bum!!

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your journey xxx
  7. Beautyxx

Beautyxx Well-Known Member

Tesco do have an extra lean steak mince, but I find you have to look at the nutritional information to find the one with less than 5% fat because on the site its not called extra lean for some reason
  8. xAlisonx

xAlisonx Well-Known Member

Hiya and welcome to another fellow newbie! I'm going to my first meeting tonight and I'm a bit anxious but overall excited about changing myself :) I've just learnt something new about the extra lean mince needing to be under 5% I had no idea but hopefully I'll have loads of info after tonight. Good luck!
  9. pudge30

pudge30 Well-Known Member

Well done for coming back to Slimming World I havent been doing it long either I love this website I only found it the other day and I cant keep off it lol.

Good luck for tomorrow xx
  10. xterrix

xterrix Member

Tnx everyone for your advice! Found the mince in tesco shopping all ordered now so im all ready!! From friday I will post my daily food diary so you guys can let me know if im going wrong :)
    Last edited: 29 January 2014
  11. xterrix

xterrix Member

So been to my first SW meeting tonight and been weighed for the first time in abt 2yrs, I weighed in at 17st 9.5lb n feel wounded by this :(( I have put on over 3st in the last 2yrs im so angry with myself!!!! But anyway no point in dwelling on it, theres inly me can change it so onwards n hopefully downwards from here on in! !