New slimming world-er - advice??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by turnitupxxx, 29 August 2011 Social URL.

1. turnitupxxx

turnitupxxx New Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hiya. I've just started to do slimming world (Extra Easy mainly!) and am still getting to grips with how it all works. I don't attend the meetings as I'm a student and I don't have much spare money, so I am just doing it at home by myself. I have been a yoyo dieter for years and became far too obsessed with how many calories I was consuming, which is why Slimming world seemed ideal for me. I have one question though - how many syns should I aim for in a day? And do these syns need to be varied? So far I've been having about 7-10 syns a day. 5 of those always being walkers baked (I'm an absolute crisp addict). Does this matter? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya & welcome.

Starting off I'd go more for 10-15 syns if I were you and no, it doesn't matter what you choose to spend them on. Vary your fruit & veg but have what your little heart desires in your syns chuck.

4. Mini_Mog

Mini_Mog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.89%)
    Diet:
    VLCD, slimming world (currently)
    5-15 a day and you can have whatever you want although it does help to vary all things you are eating as the body gets used to things. I aim for 10 syns daily.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.