New Slimming World member

Xara

Hi - I am a new slimming world member since Monday :)

But not new to weight loss - in 2009, I lost 6 stone with WeightWatchers which was lifechanging. I got pregnant in 2010 (twice - once with a misscarriage) and in 2011 had my baby. I probably put on 4 stone but managed to loose about 2. Then been struggling to get it off - actually found that I put another one on so now have 3 to loose.

Tried every diet there is - juicing, atkins, vlcd... but Monday I signed up for Slimming World group meetings as I know the psychology of group meetings and weigh in gives me that "push".

I find it extremely hard to shift weight since I passed 40 years of age. Even when I did a craze of 800 kcal per day, I barely lost anything.

So I am very nervous about having put ON weight for weigh in on Monday - I have not eaten as much food in months as I have done the last few days. Mostly veg and fruit but still... they are calories too.

Xara xx

Its brilliant how SW works when you do it properly. I have never eaten as much and still lose weight. I even bought the SW fakeaway book to stop me missing takeaways so much. Such you will have done brilliantly on your first weigh in next week x

SW is fab,I'm 49 and find I manage to stay in target most of the time ;)

I am 42 and had the same problems as you. only 1 daughter. Well started back on slimming world again and lost 8lbs in mt first week.m i ate loads too by the way.

Welcome xara.

Xx

Whoop whoop ! Despite me thinking "I will never loose weight eating this much", I lost an amazing 4 lbs at my first weigh-in tonight ! Very happy.

Back