New Slimming Worlder :P

Hey Everyone

I joined SW nearly 2weeks ago, lost 3.5lb in week one, next weight in is monday :)

Going good so far, but starting to struggle with lunch ideas and meals.
Im really plain with foods, not much of a cook, so know nothing about herbs and spices.
Normally a blob of mayo does my taste buds fine.

I know some dressings have syns, but would prefere to use my syns for the occassional bit of choccie :p

The norm for me is usually pasta & dolmio sauce, fajitas or sausage & mash..

Can anyone help with meal suggestions?

Would really appreciate any tips!

You dont need to be much of a cook to make sw quiche or smash pizza, they are both great recipes and can be made in advance and eaten hot or cold, you could eat them a few times a week with different ingredients and you wouldnt get bored.

I suggest you just browse this forum and start trying some of the recipes

Having variety in your diet is hugely important in succeeding on SW in the long term so it will be well worth the effort and if the odd one or two do not work out well then it is no big deal - happens to us all!

i was a pathetic cook or lazy i should say before i joined sw... now i love cooking my meals from scratch. i love spag bol and making my own bol sauce is far tastier than dominos. the recipe threads are great for inspiration... thats where i get most of my meals lol

Ive found on sw ill try more new things that i might not have done. One of the first things we tried is bacon and chicken pasta, just bacon, chicken, pasta, passata/tin tomatoes and whatever veg you fancy and cheese on top. Great as a tea with leftovers for tomorrows lunch! As well as searching through the recipes on here, If your on facebook, search for the slimming world group and theres loads of piccies on there of things people have tried and recipes for them. The magazines are fab for the 7 day menus too. I know you have to wait til there out but theyre well worth getting and keeping hold of to look back at!

Thanks for replying everyone!
Starting to need new ideas..Really appreciate your suggestions!
Seems like your all doing great, so must work :)
Any suggestions as to make a tomato sauce for spag bol Miss Marshmellow?
I tried, but mine werent too nice..
Eye6769, whats a "smash pizza"??
Thanks for the link Mini, going to have a peek now :)
I made one of those ticker weight things, how do i put it on my profile? or messages?

Hello, I discovered this awesome Slimming World Recipes blog today:

Slimming Eats

The lady who writes it is obviously a really creative cook and makes up loads of good ideas. She is good at working out syn values and the photos of the food are mouth wateringly good! I was reading it drooling this morning!!

I think it would be perfect for you if you're low on inspiration as when I read it I was thinking "WOW, what an inventive idea!"

Massive Help!
Looked at the links you've left, found some great ideas..been cooking all weekend.
Got my second weigh in tonight, so fingers crossed!! :)
Thanks for replying!! :)

Back