New Start - First Day to losing Weight

courtneysmummy

Trying to lose weight
Hi,

I have today started Slim Fast, so far it is going well but I feel like I'm in the right frame of mind to stick at it. Partly health reasons, my little girl and my gran who has cancer has made me realise I really have to budge the weight as it is really getting me down.

I work full time and do my best but some days I really don't even want to go out of my house, all I feel is low self esteem. I'm struggling really bad as I want to lead a normal life and look my best.

Amelia

Hi Hun,
My first day today aswell and I'm very pleased with myself as I've got through it!
Health issues are always a good incentive to lose weight!
I got diagnosed with epilepsy in January and I'm getting pain in my joints so I thought...i need to do this..I have enough problems without fat being one of them :)
Think positive chick :) xx

Yeah. I have hospital tomorrow as had breathing difficulties over the last couple of months so I just want to get on track with my life.
That is good that you have started too and stayed well for your first day, I think it's normally the third to fifth day that I lose track but feel determined to be good.
My 7 year old daughter is also wants to eat healthy to help me, but I will still buy her the odd choc bar or crisps. She is into fitness of all sorts and said she will start me on a plan, so at least I have the support of her.
Hope today is good for you also!

Hi Courtneysmummy I've been on slimfast a week and have lost 3lb so far. I've always done slimming world in the past but just kept eating and stopped syning things so I needed something a bit stricter. This is my first attempt at slimfast and I'm finding it ok at the moment. I bought myself 6 weeks worth of sf powder, ready made shakes and snacks while on offer, so my goal is to stick to the 6 weeks. Sorry to hear about your medical complaints it can't be easy. It's good your little girl is wanting to help you and get involved that will be a great incentive. My kiddies are always munching on my SF bars and snacks which I don't mind as its better than a mars bar fat contents wise. Good luck with your journey x

Hi Courtneysmummy I've been on slimfast a week and have lost 3lb so far. I've always done slimming world in the past but just kept eating and stopped syning things so I needed something a bit stricter. This is my first attempt at slimfast and I'm finding it ok at the moment. I bought myself 6 weeks worth of sf powder, ready made shakes and snacks while on offer, so my goal is to stick to the 6 weeks. Sorry to hear about your medical complaints it can't be easy. It's good your little girl is wanting to help you and get involved that will be a great incentive. My kiddies are always munching on my SF bars and snacks which I don't mind as its better than a mars bar fat contents wise. Good luck with your journey x

HiCaldil,
Thank you so much for your reply. I've bought enough shakes up until Christmas from Superdrug as they are on special offer at the moment (half price for the powder). I'm awaiting the results of my tests which I should get on Thursday of this week so I'm anxious as I don't want it being anything serious but I want to know what it is (if you get my jist).

My daughter is so supportive and has been through so much this past year and half. My gran was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago and it has been touch and go constantly, she is deteriorating every day and it's been a hard journey for us all. Courtney has to go take care of my gran nearly every weekend as granda works at weekends and for her she sees my gran getting worse.

But Courtney (my daughter) is a very caring and supportive wee girl. She will do anything to see you happy. She hates seeing anyone upset and even with her friends, if one of them are upset, she will go and give them a cuddle.

Good luck on your journey, and sorry or the long winded story there.

Amelia x

I really feel for you, your going through so much at the moment and I hope everything starts to work out for you soon. Your little girl sounds lovely, very much like my little girl who's 6 she just wants to look after everyone to. As for weight loss I'm no expert otherwise I wouldn't have to keep trying over and over but will try to be as much help as I can x

Hello All
Starting Slimfast Wednesday hopefully (ive just ordered £40 worth of products from superdrug online so hopefully it should arrive tuesday for me to start wednesday)
How is everyone getting on? Ive got so much to lose, i cant get motivated with any other diet at the moment and last time i did slimfast i did well. Must not give up this time!!!!

xx

Hi Kelly, good luck with your journey x

Hello All
Starting Slimfast Wednesday hopefully (ive just ordered £40 worth of products from superdrug online so hopefully it should arrive tuesday for me to start wednesday)
How is everyone getting on? Ive got so much to lose, i cant get motivated with any other diet at the moment and last time i did slimfast i did well. Must not give up this time!!!!

xx

Hi Kelly,

Good luck with your journey! I'm doing quite well with mine, sometimes feel like I've got little support hence the reason I came onto this forum. It is great to have people out there looking out for one another.

I started last Monday and I am doing really well with it. I got the five different flavours to try and they are all delicious, bought my first tin out of Morrisons before realising Superdrug was half price. x

Back