New start, new me - FlicG’s Diary

Busy weekend with kids dance classes and seeing friends. Saturday we went to a friend's house for dinner - roast beef. I had planned on eating, thinking it would be easy to have some beef and veggies. It was a shame as the beef was a little overcooked, but still nice to have some "food!" It's easier with kids to not eat too much since you spend the majority of the time trying to sort them out, so this is quite a good strategy for future meals! More often than not, i'm the last person eating and shovelling it in to catch up, so in future, smaller portions should sort this out...

Saturday, I ended up having 1 x product and dinner - in all honestly, I sort of forgot! I know that I should have kept up with them too as it's not enough nutrients.

Yesterday was good - we met up with friends for afternoon tea, and then went to the park with the kids - i've not been there since I was about 12, but I had to go on the swings. Next goal is to go back in a few months and it not hurt my hips! When we got home, my eldest wanted to play Lego - she's three and has just got into it - I got totally carried away and focussed on it, meaning that at 10.30pm I had to have 1 1/2 shakes to make it up to three products! I definitely need to get a hobby/activity to keep me occupied in the evening when things get harder!

B: 1/2 Bacon and Cheese breakfast eggs - these were quite yummy! A bit of an overpowering fake bacon flavour which i'm not sure i'll get used to, but we'll see!
L: Choc orange bar whilst taking the girls out on their scooters
D: 1 1/2 x Creamy coconut shake. I had the other 1/2 on Saturday, and it was easiest to whack all this in to get my product count up!

I had a cheeky weigh on Saturday morning because I wasn't sure how the meal was going to affect losses, and wanted to see - it doesn't seem to have had a negative impact at all! This morning, the scales are looking pretty nice for the start of week three!

Well, it’s been a week!
Monday weigh in was -5lb, taking me to a stone in two weeks - an amazing start, but I’m fully expecting a slow down this week. Tuesday night I went out for dinner with friends to a burger restaurant. I had a burger salad which was delicious - I ate the whole lot, and a crispy fried cheese curd. Wednesday morning was hard, as I was unbelievably hungry when I woke up (like headache and sick hunger) but by Thursday I forgot to eat lunch till 5pm because I wasn’t feeling hungry.
I’m still trying some new flavours this week. Had the CWP pesto pasta, which was ok, and chicken tikka which was pretty spicy! Plodding along and hoping for a good weekend.

Well, it’s been a week!
Monday weigh in was -5lb, taking me to a stone in two weeks - an amazing start, but I’m fully expecting a slow down this week. Tuesday night I went out for dinner with friends to a burger restaurant. I had a burger salad which was delicious - I ate the whole lot, and a crispy fried cheese curd. Wednesday morning was hard, as I was unbelievably hungry when I woke up (like headache and sick hunger) but by Thursday I forgot to eat lunch till 5pm because I wasn’t feeling hungry.
I’m still trying some new flavours this week. Had the CWP pesto pasta, which was ok, and chicken tikka which was pretty spicy! Plodding along and hoping for a good weekend.
Ooo, we were weigh in twins! 😀

It's good that you're managing to balance the plan with social occasions, makes the process less arduous and it's not looking to affect your progress. Win win! X

I’m enjoying this thread. I’m on 1:1 diet and just completing week 2! Monday is my official weigh in but I’ve lost 3.9kg so far! I’m really impressed by your resolve and hopefully it will rub off on me!!

I’m enjoying this thread. I’m on 1:1 diet and just completing week 2! Monday is my official weigh in but I’ve lost 3.9kg so far! I’m really impressed by your resolve and hopefully it will rub off on me!!
Well done on your loss!

Amazing loss so far, well done Georgia!

Another busy weekend! We had a family meal on Saturday night - beef stew with mash and dumplings - I ate stew and the green veg, and luckily my brother in law was there as he finished off the rest for me! I shared my pudding with my girls, so avoided eating that. Was a bit worried that the stew wasn’t just lean meat, and was anxious about this mornings weigh in, but…

-5lb again! 🙌🙌

So my total loss for January (the three weeks I’ve been on plan) is -20lb. Only 71lb to go! 😂😂

Another busy weekend! We had a family meal on Saturday night - beef stew with mash and dumplings - I ate stew and the green veg, and luckily my brother in law was there as he finished off the rest for me! I shared my pudding with my girls, so avoided eating that. Was a bit worried that the stew wasn’t just lean meat, and was anxious about this mornings weigh in, but…

-5lb again! 🙌🙌

So my total loss for January (the three weeks I’ve been on plan) is -20lb. Only 71lb to go! 😂😂
That's an excellent result. Congrats x

Another week, another weigh in.
-2lb this week.
I’m trying not to be disheartened by a smaller loss, because 1) it’s still good, and 2) I had two meals out over the weekend - one being near enough two pizzas I gorged myself on at my friend’s 40th. 🙈 I was only saved from booze as I was driving.

So far, this having a meal/two meals at the weekend is working for me, but I know I’m going to have to start thinking about next steps soon. I always thought I’d do this and then move into keto or something, but I’m wondering whether to keep a shake for breakfast in the mixture reduce my calories?
What’s everyone’s plan for the future?

Next week it will be just shy of one month on 1:1 diet. I’m sincerely hoping I lose my first stone as it will motivate me and be my first goal
achieved. You are doing so well!💪🏻💪🏻

Day three since pizza-gate, and it's fair to say i'm absolutely starving today - heading back into Ketosis is ROUGH. Scales looked good this morning though (-2lb lighter than yesterday!) so i'm using that as a motivator to get through today!

Last night I had the shepherds pie and I really like it. It's kind of like babyfood, but it's quite comforting - I think because of the thickness? I am getting down my products now, still avoiding the soups until I have no other choice.

Hope you're all having good weeks! xx

Next week it will be just shy of one month on 1:1 diet. I’m sincerely hoping I lose my first stone as it will motivate me and be my first goal
achieved. You are doing so well!💪🏻💪🏻
How are you finding 1:1? This is week 5 for me, and i'm down just over 1and a half stone. I did 1:1 when it was still called Sole Source and it was great because I didn't have to think about food/what I could eat - hence doing Exante this time (because, cheaper!)

I need to think about what my next steps are - that was the good thing with Cambridge - you had steps to work up...

Day three since pizza-gate, and it's fair to say i'm absolutely starving today - heading back into Ketosis is ROUGH. Scales looked good this morning though (-2lb lighter than yesterday!) so i'm using that as a motivator to get through today!

Last night I had the shepherds pie and I really like it. It's kind of like babyfood, but it's quite comforting - I think because of the thickness? I am getting down my products now, still avoiding the soups until I have no other choice.

Hope you're all having good weeks! xx
Well done you!
You have just inspired me to power through my cravings. Today is my day 2 since my version of pizza gate.

Could your steps adopt a Cambridge esk approach... progress over x number of weeks swapping one pack out for a keto style meal till you've returned to food full time?

How are you finding 1:1? This is week 5 for me, and i'm down just over 1and a half stone. I did 1:1 when it was still called Sole Source and it was great because I didn't have to think about food/what I could eat - hence doing Exante this time (because, cheaper!)

I need to think about what my next steps are - that was the good thing with Cambridge - you had steps to work up...
It’s going well. I have a year long project to lose 8 stone before my 50th but I’m just taking it one week and one day at a time!

Monday weigh in:
-4lb! 🙌 26lb lost so far. I’m sort of ending up having a meal each weekend, though yesterday’s was such a bust! Went out for the day and met my brother who suggested a pub to eat at, which was horrifically busy. They had no salad! I ended up with chicken thigh skewers and halloumi fries from their small bites menu -one was deep fried, the other microwaved, and neither came with the fresh salsa on the menu!

Still finding it ok to stick to plan. It’s easier when I’m busy - still feel like I’m missing eating, but I think this is probably missing heavy carbs, and that feeling of fullness (not the same as feeling full because you’ve drunk so much water!) I think this is much more to do with emotional eating than actual food, so an interesting one to think about.

Tomorrow night, my husband is going away for work. This would normally be a full binge situation, as I can eat in secret. I’m debating having a meal (prawns, zero noodles and broccoli stir fry) but I think this is possibly a slippery slope…

I’ve bought a huge bundle of shakes which should keep me going for a bit longer.

I tend to have the following of a day:
B: 1/2 Shake, mixed with morning coffee sometimes.
L: Shake - I’ve been having fruity ones as the caramel/chocolate ones work better with coffee, and it’s a change
S: other half - sometimes a bar, or the other 1/2 of the morning sachet.
D: savoury option: shepherds pie, bolognese, bacon and cheese eggs. I threw away the remaining pizza sachets as I really couldn’t stomach them.

Tomorrow, I’m at work and the accountant lady is coming in, so I’ll pre-mix 1/2 a berry muesli and have a whole bar for lunch so it seems a bit more “normal.” 😂

How’s everyone doing? xx

Hey all,

it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve updated. When I last CWP, this forum was a lot more active, but it doesn’t seem to be anymore, which is a bit disheartening when regularly posting.

Anyway, the last two weeks have been fine. I’ve been plodding on. Last week was a 4lb loss and this week 3lb, taking me to a 33lb loss in 7 weeks. 🙌

I had a meal out yesterday with my family. Burger restaurant, but I just had burger as a salad and avoided the chips. Nonetheless, I’m starving again today and not looking forward to heading back into ketosis. I’m also finding myself fighting against binge eating at the moment, so far, I’ve been strong willed, but I’m doing a lot of reasoning against myself at the moment. What I find makes it easier whilst on a restrictive plan is that I CAN’T eat “normal” food, so I can’t cheat myself.

The difference from when I did CWP is 2 children which means there are far more snacks around our house. Seeing these can be a trigger, so I’m learning to deal with them in a better way. I’m also throwing away quite a lot of food - half eaten toddler dinners which I would normally eat myself, just so there was no waste. This has been interesting for me, as I am adjusting portions and realising how much extra I eat as part of that.

Despite being nearly 2 1/2 stone down, my clothes are still fitting ok. Jeans are looser for sure, and im back into a smaller pair, but overall, I don’t think it’s hugely noticeable yet. Tbh, I’m actually quite happy about this as I don’t really want to draw attention to weight loss. Does that make sense?

I’m away with friends this weekend, so I know that I’ll be eating. I think I'm going to try and stick with a keto approach, and definitely no carbs, to try and minimise gains. I’ve then got 3 weeks before going away for my mother in law’s birthday and another weekend off plan. Ideally, I’ll continue doing this 3 products a day plan until end of April, and then look at where I am, and adding food in. Still a bit wary of this to be honest as this is when things went downhill last time, so some careful planning required.

Hope everyone is doing well. xx

Hey all,

it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve updated. When I last CWP, this forum was a lot more active, but it doesn’t seem to be anymore, which is a bit disheartening when regularly posting.

Anyway, the last two weeks have been fine. I’ve been plodding on. Last week was a 4lb loss and this week 3lb, taking me to a 33lb loss in 7 weeks. 🙌

I had a meal out yesterday with my family. Burger restaurant, but I just had burger as a salad and avoided the chips. Nonetheless, I’m starving again today and not looking forward to heading back into ketosis. I’m also finding myself fighting against binge eating at the moment, so far, I’ve been strong willed, but I’m doing a lot of reasoning against myself at the moment. What I find makes it easier whilst on a restrictive plan is that I CAN’T eat “normal” food, so I can’t cheat myself.

The difference from when I did CWP is 2 children which means there are far more snacks around our house. Seeing these can be a trigger, so I’m learning to deal with them in a better way. I’m also throwing away quite a lot of food - half eaten toddler dinners which I would normally eat myself, just so there was no waste. This has been interesting for me, as I am adjusting portions and realising how much extra I eat as part of that.

Despite being nearly 2 1/2 stone down, my clothes are still fitting ok. Jeans are looser for sure, and im back into a smaller pair, but overall, I don’t think it’s hugely noticeable yet. Tbh, I’m actually quite happy about this as I don’t really want to draw attention to weight loss. Does that make sense?

I’m away with friends this weekend, so I know that I’ll be eating. I think I'm going to try and stick with a keto approach, and definitely no carbs, to try and minimise gains. I’ve then got 3 weeks before going away for my mother in law’s birthday and another weekend off plan. Ideally, I’ll continue doing this 3 products a day plan until end of April, and then look at where I am, and adding food in. Still a bit wary of this to be honest as this is when things went downhill last time, so some careful planning required.

Hope everyone is doing well. xx
You’ve got this! I know what you are feeling. I had a dinner out 3 days ago and have spent the last 3 days not on plan but I’m refocused and got this. So have you!

We’re away with friends for the weekend, not looking forward to Monday’s weigh in. I’m making good choices, but they aren’t necessarily following any plan. Left the kids at home today and went for a mum’s lunch to a delicious restaurant, had two courses - fish and minimal carbs, then couldn’t resist chocolate fondant for pudding. Tummy is already letting me know it was a bit much. 🙈

Back