New starter looking for advice (bit longer than anticipated)

magic

Hi :) Long time lurker first time poster.

I am planning on starting slimming world tomorrow. I have been thinking about it for quite a while but finally decided that I am going to bite the bullet and join.
(The reason I put it off was because I didn't want to waste a fiver a week, but then again I have 35lbs to lose, with an aim to do it in 40 weeks, that's about 200 quid all told, and smokers always find the money for cigarettes so I am sure I can find the money for being healthier.)

I haven't ever dieted before, but after lurking I understand the basics but what I am wondering is, how difficult is it if you don't have an oven?

Also I am only 20, and I know people will be nice and friendly etc. (we are all in the same boat after all) but are there many young people that go?

My biggest issue with eating is non stop eating (by which I mean I ate 2 tins of soup yesterday with 10 slices of bread for lunch), I know free food means you can eat as much as you want, but what foods do you find are good for non stop eating? (Obviously non stop eating isn't good but that's why I chose slimming world, because I figured it was the easiest to incorporate directly into my life.)

Also, what are the syns of archers and lemonade versus archers and diet lemonade?

Thanks for any help or suggestions :).

Magic

Back