New Starter looking for support

seto123

Hi Everyone, I'm new:)
I am about to start lighter life tomorrow and was looking to hear some positive and motivational stories about how much weight you have lost so far and how much you lost in the first week, if there is anything I should watch out for or be aware of. Looking forward to hearing from you all xxx

Hi and welcome! The first few days will be really tough until you get into ketosis. Make sure you drink plenty of water and keep yourself busy as a still mind has a tendency to wander and usually straight to food!

This was the best thing I have ever done I started at the end of January as a size 18 I'm now a size 12 and it's amazing!! I lost 8lb the first week followed by 6lb the following week.

Keep coming back to the forum as you will always find some sound advice or words of comfort.

Good luck I am looking forward to hearing how you get on xx

Lighter Life is the best weight management plan ever! It gets the weight off fast... and I mean fast! The Route to Managment programme is fantastic and the way it introduces you back to real food combined with counselling is brilliant - I am half way through and really don't see myself putting the weight back on.

I started weighing 16st 1lb and now weigh 12st 3lbs - I was between a size 16 and 18 and am now a 12 - 14.

It is hard work, especially at the beginning but it gets easier. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water - it's difficult at first but it really helps keep hunger at bay in the first few days and it really helps with the weight loss too.

Best of luck - have a good read through all the diaries, I found them really inspiring and they helped me along. The odds are that whatever you are feeling and experiencing will have been felt and experienced before and other people's insight can be invaluable.

Have a great first day xx

Thank you for replying. Wow the weightloss you have lost is great. I will definately be reading the diaries for inspiration and motivation. Did you exercise at all? I am feeling slightly scared regarding my willpower but I need to do this, I am so very unhappy the size I am and have tried weightwatchers, slimming world and just end up putting more back on so for me now its all or nothing.

welcome!! i did not complete rtm and as a result ive been off and on this diet so many times. my advice would be to complete rtm, the losing part is the easiest part of the diet ( first 3/4 days are the most difficult as your body is going in2 ketosis) its the maintaining that is the difficult part. we know how do lose weight successfully and we all certainly know how to gain but to actually try to maintain??? ive STILL to master that. go to classes as thats where the secret to your success will be, the counselling and cbt is so helpful. and if wavering come on here or contact your llc. there will always be someone to give you advice or sometimes just reading some diaries can pass that tough time.

i lost 62lbs on ll in 17weeks. my first week was 8.8lbs and 2nd week 5.6lbs it then averaged out to between 3-4lbs per week. my lowest week was 1.8lbs and that was the week i introduced excersize.... i was doing running, bike and cross trainer so cardio. as with this diet we have depleted our glycogen levels and cardio needs glycogen to work from. if your going to do excersize id suggest swimming, yoga, pilates as those ensure long lean muscles and strengthen the core muscles. im here if you need me xx

I did a little bit of exercise whilst in abstinence but was told by my LLC to slow it down. With so few calories going into our bodies there aren't really any to burn and it can make you quite poorly if you do too much. Now I'm on RTM I am really enjoying exercising. Do what feels right to you and if that's just walking a bit more then so be it, the exercise can wait and the weight will come off quickly without it x

Back