new starter to slim and save

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
HI, just thought id let myself be known to the slim and save group.
Iv started today on s&s and upto now im doing very well with having half a bar at 12.20pm and the second half at 2pm. iv just had the chilli as a late lunch and really enjoyed it as did my daughter who had a taste. I can wait till later to have the spag bol, seen some good reviews about that one. I just cant seem to manage the water. Today iv been out and about and only had 3 coffees. I will try and force the fluids down i no it helps.
I did lipotrim back in 2008 and lost 5stone kept it off a year got pregnant and gained what id lost plus a stone more :( After trying and failed several times at LT after my daughter was born i saw this diet and thought id give it a go.
So here i am!

I just want to ask are we allowed to use spoon sweetener or is it just tablet form? LT was only tablet form.

Hiya im new to s&s aswell altho i recieved my packs 2day just after i ate brekkie so im starting 2moro. I cant wait to be honest want to just get stuck in and loose weight! I would also like to know if what sweetners are allowed and is just regular teabags allowed? I look forward to getting support from here as I will need it aswell as giving it out :) x

Welcome LouMo and Charlene!

I'm not sure about the sweeteners to be honest as I don't use them but I would have thought that you'd be looking at something that has zero calories and carbs (or as near to zero as possible) so if the spoon sweeteners meet that criteria they should be ok. I'm sure someone else on here must use them though so can advise :)

LouMo, yes you can have regular leaf tea-bags (or things like Earl Grey) but you can't have any fruit teas.

HI, just thought id let myself be known to the slim and save group.
Iv started today on s&s and upto now im doing very well with having half a bar at 12.20pm and the second half at 2pm. iv just had the chilli as a late lunch and really enjoyed it as did my daughter who had a taste. I can wait till later to have the spag bol, seen some good reviews about that one. I just cant seem to manage the water. Today iv been out and about and only had 3 coffees. I will try and force the fluids down i no it helps.
I did lipotrim back in 2008 and lost 5stone kept it off a year got pregnant and gained what id lost plus a stone more :( After trying and failed several times at LT after my daughter was born i saw this diet and thought id give it a go.
So here i am!

I just want to ask are we allowed to use spoon sweetener or is it just tablet form? LT was only tablet form.

Hi there and welcome! We have similar stories. I lost 65lbs on LT got pregnant and while I didn't put on the full amount....have nearly! I think S and S is better than LT..with lots more variety. On the sweetener...the spoon sweetener tend to have more carbs so I would go with tablet if you can....best of luck!

Welcome! Sweetner should be in tablet form (but I'm bad and use 2 spoons a day of powered cause it's wat I have in) the powered one is high in carbs per 100g BUT a whole jar is 75 g, and it takes a while to get through so daily carbs for me are minimal

Hiya im new to s&s aswell altho i recieved my packs 2day just after i ate brekkie so im starting 2moro. I cant wait to be honest want to just get stuck in and loose weight! I would also like to know if what sweetners are allowed and is just regular teabags allowed? I look forward to getting support from here as I will need it aswell as giving it out :) x

Hi louMo, good luck on your start day. Mine has gone really well today. So proud of my first day. :D Im sure you will get lots of support from here. :D

Thanks charlene glad urs went well. 4gt to weight myself ill jump to tesco in the morning to do it :eek: x

Hi there and welcome! We have similar stories. I lost 65lbs on LT got pregnant and while I didn't put on the full amount....have nearly! I think S and S is better than LT..with lots more variety. On the sweetener...the spoon sweetener tend to have more carbs so I would go with tablet if you can....best of luck!
Hi Bea, yeah deffo have to agree with the variety! Alot of people frowned upon LT , they didnt think it was healthy only having 3 shakes a day. Although it was hard with only one flavour of lipotrim that i liked, that after 5 months and losing 5 stone i couldnt do it anymore. I needed a break and did ww for a bit then sw then when i felt strong enough to go back on it i found out i was pregnant. But trawling mini mins i come across this plan and looked into it and thought about it and took the plunge and now iv started it :). So good luck to both of us! It seems so much easier than LT with the veg allowence etc. And being able to actually eat!! haha.

Welcome! Sweetner should be in tablet form (but I'm bad and use 2 spoons a day of powered cause it's wat I have in) the powered one is high in carbs per 100g BUT a whole jar is 75 g, and it takes a while to get through so daily carbs for me are minimal

Thanks Lexie_dog, i thought it might be the same i always stock up with tablet form its easier to carry about as not many people have it in there home or in cafes etc. :)

Also massive well done on your first weeks loss Lexie_dog.

Welcome Charlene, quite new to S & S myself, but really impressed with packs/bars I have tried so far and the support on here is fab. Good luck

BIG HELLO's to everyone and good luck on your journeys :) and thank you for the welcomes.

Hi there. I have started slim n save today and have just come across this forum. Glad I have :) I have 3 and a half stone to lose and would like it gone before summer :) I put on my weight when I had my children but they are 4 and 2 now so no more excuses xxx

Kelly xx

Hi Kelly I am also new today. So far the foods tried have been ok (porridge and veg soup). I'm trying to lose 2 stone to be more healthy for pregnancy. Looking forward to losing the weight - judging by all the weight loss tickers on this forum this diet really works.

Back