New starter to slimming world

oliviasmummy

Tried SW years ago with the red/green days but didn't get on too well. Decided to give it another go and I'm all registered online but still a little confused (work nights and have my children through day so online was easier than going to class) okay do my first question. What do people have for breakfast. From what I can figure and please tell me if I'm wrong if I have weetabix and skimmed milk for breakfast I've used both my healthy extra options for the day? So anything else I have that's not free food will have to be taken from my syncs? Sorry for the silly questions and I apologise in advance for the many more that are likely to come lol

Yes basically. You get 1 a and 1 b healthy extras.

So much is free when doing extra easy. potatoes, rice, pasta. meat, poultry etc.

Syns would be for the extras like crisps, chocolate, 1/2 a syn say for low fat sausage. any butter or margarine.

I would suggest you open a food diary on the diary section and then lots of members would look at it and advise if good or not so good. It would be easier that way.

Of course if doing red or green there are more restrictions on free food but you get 2a and 2b healthy extras.

I am also a new starter......(for this year) :rofl: I need some inspiration and guidance. I am finding it hard to eat I just don't feel hungry ATM :( xxx

p.s Sorry to hijack this thread xx

I've been doing SW for four weeks now and it's been OK. I am doing EE and never did red or green so it makes sense to me.

i am not a cereal/milk fan so generally i will have a mullerlight yoghurt and chop and banana and add maybe raspberries or other soft fruit to it. If I want to do a healthy extra B then I will add 35g of bran flakes which is great as it keeps me going for about three hours.

As Nancy mentioned unlike red/green you will find you have lots of food that is syn free and it's mainly the "naughties" that you would count.

For my lunch I may have a salad with lots of tomatoes, cucumbers etc. I will also have some steamed new potatoes and ham or prawns. I often cook batches of brown basmati rice and make salads with it adding tinned tuna or fresh salmon and lots of salad stuff. As I would use fat free dressing or just lemon juice and salt lunch again is completely free. I find more and more I also have a pudding now. Most times it's a yoghurt and fruit and lately I've been crumbling 2 Cadburys twirl bites in for a proper sweet fix (2 syns).

For dinner I may have things I do read the SW books alot for ideas. My current favourite is the curry book. We all love the tandoori chicken, rice and onion bhajis. You can eat most things to be honest as long as you use fry light instead of oil and fat free yoghurts and things like quark for your dairy.

Tried SW years ago with the red/green days but didn't get on too well. Decided to give it another go and I'm all registered online but still a little confused (work nights and have my children through day so online was easier than going to class) okay do my first question. What do people have for breakfast. From what I can figure and please tell me if I'm wrong if I have weetabix and skimmed milk for breakfast I've used both my healthy extra options for the day? So anything else I have that's not free food will have to be taken from my syncs? Sorry for the silly questions and I apologise in advance for the many more that are likely to come lol[/QUOTE]

Back