New SW book!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all and Happy New Year!!
I'm very impatient about the new SW book and intreagued to find out the new changes!! I've just heard about wholemeal pittas being counted as a HEXb! Are there any more exciting ones? I have to wait until Monday to find out! Booo!X

i can only see wholemeal pitta in my book

So far the pitta bread is the only new addition to HEXs. Oh and superfree foods are now only fruits and veggies (starchy veggies are not superfree). No more eggs or dairy as superfree foods.
The book is laid out as follows;

Extra easy
Superfree foods list
Free green foods
Free red foods
HEX A & B (extra easy)
Examples of extra easy meals
HEX A & B (green)
HEX A & B (red)
Syns

The syns are listed out for red green and extra easy as opposed to red and green only so this would make it a lot clearer for newbies which syn value to use.

so if eggs and dairy aren't superfree, what are they now? I can't get back to class till March - will see if my Dad can get me a new pack from his class.

Eggs and some dairy are still free foods but not super freefoods - I guess maybe people have been eating them too freely or their not satisfying enough to be deemed super?

Glad to see Shape Lasting Satisfaction, Mullerlite etc are still free.

I've put of rejoining group for a month so i could get the new book :D Restarting tuesday and looking forward to the new book. When i was last at group (prob this time last year) EE had just come out and i couldn't really adjust to it, gave up pretty quick though, to be honest. Glad mullerlites are still free, not sure what i'd do without them!

so if eggs and dairy aren't superfree, what are they now? I can't get back to class till March - will see if my Dad can get me a new pack from his class.

They're still free foods! Superfree foods are now only fruits and non starchy veggies (all veggies except potatoes, peas, sweetcorn, parsnips etc). Basically what you need to have on your plate for each meal is whatever you like that's free (2/3) and veggies or fruit (1/3 superfree). This is just to make sure you're taking in your 5 a day and that your meals are filling but not overly bulky and calorie dense.

Eggs are still free, just not superfree

Sorry, but I'm still having trouble understanding this. As I see it, a free food, such as chicken is free on red and EE but syned or a HE on Green. You can have as much chicken as you want on red and EE but on Green you have to weigh it as a HE or count it as syns. Whereas you can eat as much superfree food as you want on any plan.

I just can't see where eggs being a free food fall into place here or has the definition of free and superfree changed.

The definition's changed slightly because EE has been altered to make the 1/3 of your plate superfree a requirement rather than a recommendation.

As far as I understand it, veg and fruit which is free on both red and green will now be classed as superfree, and should fill 1/3 of your plate for EE meals.

Other foods that are free on both red and green, e.g. mullerlights, eggs, quorn, etc - ie. NOT fruit or veg, are still free on red, green and extra easy, but may not be used to make up the 1/3 of the plate for EE meals.

Does that clear things up?

Well I've been doing EE the 'old' way and am having successful results on it so I'm not changing anything, lol.

This is probably why I normally have better losses on red days than EE. Typically I'd have chilli with rice and no other vegetables. The chilli would have some veg in it but it's mostly mince and beans so the veg would be far less than a third of the meal. Whereas on a red day I'd always have a large portion of veg with my meat and HEXB of potatoes.

This also means that for a fry up breakfast I'll have to have a lot of mushrooms and tomatoes to balance out the sausage, eggs, bacon, beans and toast.

However, so many people have done very well on EE the old way, so if it's working for you there's no point in changing. At least now you know what you can do to boost things if your losses slow down.

This is probably why I normally have better losses on red days than EE. Typically I'd have chilli with rice and no other vegetables. The chilli would have some veg in it but it's mostly mince and beans so the veg would be far less than a third of the meal. Whereas on a red day I'd always have a large portion of veg with my meat and HEXB of potatoes.

This also means that for a fry up breakfast I'll have to have a lot of mushrooms and tomatoes to balance out the sausage, eggs, bacon, beans and toast.

However, so many people have done very well on EE the old way, so if it's working for you there's no point in changing. At least now you know what you can do to boost things if your losses slow down.

You could have a bowl of fruit after your brekkie as an alternative to the mush/toms.

I think the idea is you cut back a little on the 'free' food and increase your superfree food intake to replace it. Simply having more superfree won't make a difference if you eat the same amount of free food - if you see what I mean.

So if you normally have 2 eggs, 2 sausages and beans, you could have one egg less and replace it with grilled toms, and have a bowl of fruit after.

You could have a bowl of fruit after your brekkie as an alternative to the mush/toms.

I think the idea is you cut back a little on the 'free' food and increase your superfree food intake to replace it. Simply having more superfree won't make a difference if you eat the same amount of free food - if you see what I mean.

So if you normally have 2 eggs, 2 sausages and beans, you could have one egg less and replace it with grilled toms, and have a bowl of fruit after.

Just want to get it clear, so instead of having veggies with your meal, could I have spaghetti with quorn bolognaise and have a bowl of fruit afterwards, for example?

Back