New SW Member

Michybug

Hi, my names Michelle, I'm 41 and I've been dieting on and off for decades, lol. Not done SW in a few years and heard it had changed, so decided to join with a friend and I am going to give it my all and hope that I can get back to my pre-pregnancy weight once and for all (my kids are 17 and 15 :sigh:).

When I left home at 18, I was way too skinny at 9.5 stones and by the time I got pregnant for the first time I weighed in at 11 stones. At my heaviest I was 15st 13lb and bordering a UK size of 22, and I am weighed in at SW yesterday at 14st 4.5lb, and i'm about a size 18. I had gotten down to 13st 4lb last July and then had a seizure and was started on Epilepsy meds, which caused my to rapidly gain a stone :cry: - which I just haven't been able to shift, even tho I was cleared of epilepsy in November and have since been clear of medication....

So, a brief life story... setting myself an interim goal of 12st, because I think its more do-able if it doesn't seem too far away. I have tried many diets in my lifetime, WW, SW, Cambridge, Atkins, South Beach, Facial Type, Blood Type and goodness knows how many others - I love fruit, pasta and jacket potatoes...so here's hoping this new SW Extra Easy Plan will do the trick - and with all your support too!!! ;)

Pleased to meet you all

Michelle x

Last edited:
valerie11 said:
hi and welcome to s/w and minimins from a fellow serial dieter lol good luck losing the lbs michelle i will pop by now and again to see how ur doing :)

Kool, I hope I don't disappoint lol x

Hi Michelle, love your introduction. Welcome back to SW! I'm sure you will be absolutely fine on it. The new EE plan took a couple of weeks to sink in with me (the other times I did SW it was red and green days) but honestly it's so easy and versatile! And if you get stuck there will always be some one on here to help you.
Good luck and keep in touch xx

Hey!

Fairly new to this site, any one got any tips of advice for sw diet, e,g syn free recipes?

Cheers.

Hi,
I'm trying something new today...gona experiment on the family! :eek:

Its called Gammon and diet coke!! :confused:

Ingredients
gammon joint, red onions, can of diet coke and balsamic vinegar.

Chop 2 or 3 red onions into wedges and put in the bottom of a casserole dish. Place gammon joint onto onions, pour over diet coke and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Put in over on gas mark 5 for about an hour.

Apparently its really delicious! Soon find out...will let u know! xx

Hi thank Irene,

How did the gammon and coke go? I have to say it doesn't sound brilliant..let me know!

xx

Hi, welcome to the site! I started sw 4 weeks ago and am loving it! Best of luck for your weight loss journey, look forward to getting to know you xxx

Hi thank Irene,

How did the gammon and coke go? I have to say it doesn't sound brilliant..let me know!

xx

HMMMNN....well...it wasn't quite what I was expecting lol! :rolleyes: On the recipe thread, other posters had said how nice and sticky the gammon gets...my sauce didn't thicken up AT ALL!!! I mean it was nice, but that's as far as it goes! Dunno wot I did wrong...I mite try again when i next get a gammon joint.
How are you doing? :)

o dear!! think i might give that a miss then! lol

Yea i am doing fine, got the next weighing on thurs so trying to stick to my superfree foods! made the carbonara last night out of the book using bacon, quark, eggs and pasta....dead simple to make and actually turned out quite nice!!

its turned so hot today and all my mates were eating ice cream, how much did i fancy one!! lol...

how are you doing? xx

Oooooh...ICE CREAM! YUMMY... :drool: How good are you to resist?...:innocent0002:
Carbonara sounds very nice. We had chicken korma tonight which went down very well. I love the fact that we can all have the same meals, so much easier. :p

you had a good 4llb loss :) what did you do differently?? xx (still haven't had ice cream!! haha)

you had a good 4llb loss :) what did you do differently?? xx (still haven't had ice cream!! haha)

My consultant asked me the same question tonight lol!

The only thing I changed this week was switching my usual 2 x w/meal toast in the morning for all bran or special k. I do feel it might be a bit lighter than bread?
Oh, and I have mown the lawn and moved a load of furniture around so I've been more active...I'm off work for a couple of weeks so hoping to fit a little more exercise in. Only sad thing is we have to put our little dog to sleep tomorrow ( mouth cancer) so not sure how I'm going to cope :cry:

o gosh thats awful, hope you are ok, if you put weight on this week you have a got excuse anyways!! sure u will be fine tho!!

i thought the special k was a sin, i am on weetabix but that is wearing thin!! lol....

Yr rite...special k IS synned...I shud hav said special k sustain! Mind u its being discontinued so won't be having that soon lol!
Coping fairly well since Sophie died...just keeping as busy as poss but still feel rather tearful. But I know it will get easier with time xx
Hope yr getting on well xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

aww bless, hope you are doing ok.

Yea i am alright, think the weight loss is slowing! 'honeymoon' is over!!! lol..

xx

liverbird2011 said:
aww bless, hope you are doing ok.

Yea i am alright, think the weight loss is slowing! 'honeymoon' is over!!! lol..

xx

Well I thought that was happening to me too then I lost a whopping 4lbs last wk! You just never know lol!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hey Dawn,

Looking at your signature you seem to be getting on very well!!

I had a bad week last week but got right back on it this week!! Only a few pound off the club 10 now! :)

Hope u are doing ok!

xx

Back