Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

So very poorly last night. Yes I ate yesterday but thought I had been quite restrained... I think my gallbladder or liver disagreed enormously! I guess my gallbladder hasn't had much to do so far this year, so it had a bit of a shock yesterday! It was so incredibly painful :,(

Lasted about an hour, and was just at the point of seriously considering a 999 call when it started to ease. This of course was about 1am so I am exhausted for a change :(

This happened to me first time I did Cambridge too. I had only been on plan a few weeks when we went out for my brothers leaving do and I ate a 3 course meal! GP couldn't explain exactly what went on because she sent me off for a same day scan that came back completely clear for stones! I anticipate it would be same outcome this time.

It just serves to remind me that I need to listen to my body and acknowledge that my body does not like being filled with crap!

Back on plan today, no messing. Will weigh myself in a mo to assess the damage, then I know where things stand! Managed 96 days on plan before my little break... Going to try and break that! I refuse to call today day1 though. It is day 99 after a weekend sabbatical. Week 15!!!!

5lb gain since Thursday. Had lost 2lb Tuesday to Thursday though so net gain of 3lb. Not so bad, should be gone in a week tops!

So the day is almost over, and it's not been the chore I expected, I've got 500mls left to drink and 1 product to get in me. Not been hungry at all, which is completely unreal seeing as I hoovered up so much food and drink yesterday!

Back to work tomorrow, I need to avoid the temptations there. Some bright spark has declared Tuesdays "Toast Tuesday" as a team building thing, we all bring bread and have toast before starting work. It's the biggest crock of Sh!t Ive ever heard of! I refuse to take part for two reasons 1) I'm doing CD and 2) Toast will not make the department a nicer place to work!!

Last edited:
I'm easing myself into the right mindset. By the end if the week I should be ss all the way. Worried at the min about my low iron and b12 and how my diet will interact with how crap I'm feeling. I'm in tablets for both for 3 months. Saw a doc on Friday, not mine and she had no idea as to what was wrong with me. Made an app to see my own doc but it's not til the 24th. I need answers! For 20 years almost, my iron has been dropping and I've needed tablets. Think this is my first time having my b12 tested. It was 157, low normal is apparently 180! Iron was 12 which isn't bad for me as I've had readings of 6-17, 17 being the highest ever reading and 6 being a reading where I was 'threatened' with needing a transfusion.

It's going to be a trial. If I feel diabolical ill have to do a higher step but I need to loose bout 5st by late August. I now need to move my butt!

See how you go with it Nikki, you know how you feel. I'd keep pestering the doctors about your iron. I have no idea what's normal so if your levels aren't normal chase them until you find out why!! I don't know how (if at all) cd affects iron levels. I'd guess you'd be getting more nutrients than you would be normally by doing cd so maybe it could help. I know I'm better nourished when I'm on cd, because I mostly eat processed cr@p when I'm not.

Surfhunny said:
See how you go with it Nikki, you know how you feel. I'd keep pestering the doctors about your iron. I have no idea what's normal so if your levels aren't normal chase them until you find out why!! I don't know how (if at all) cd affects iron levels. I'd guess you'd be getting more nutrients than you would be normally by doing cd so maybe it could help. I know I'm better nourished when I'm on cd, because I mostly eat processed cr@p when I'm not.

It's my B12 I'm quite worried about as my iron has been tons lower then this but I've never felt so rubbish before. I've felt like I can't catch my breath when running and that's how I know my iron is low but never had the feeling feint, palpitations, headaches, sore tongue, tiredness is worse etc etc

Decided Monday is diet day. This week I'm focusing on not drinking. Been drinking wine quite a bit this last year so I'm starting with this and then going lower. Might start before then as most of the time right now I can't be bothered eating. I eat cause the clock says so but if I had a choice, like my iron etc wasn't low then I just would ignore food.

You're veggie, aren't you? :) So, according to the second article, you're going to need to take supplements no matter what.

Best form of B12 is methycobalamin - most multivitamins contain cyanocobalamin which has to be converted into the methyl form. Jarrow formulas do the best version of methyl B12 that I've found.

Lily said:
You're veggie, aren't you? :) So, according to the second article, you're going to need to take supplements no matter what.

Best form of B12 is methycobalamin - most multivitamins contain cyanocobalamin which has to be converted into the methyl form. Jarrow formulas do the best version of methyl B12 that I've found.

Not veggie any more. Stopped a few years back.

Sat outside someone's house waiting to do home visit and my bowels are making some worrying noises... Eek! Hope it's a very fast visit!!!

I feel rotten!! I feel like something has died in my stomach :( my stomach is so distended I look 9 months pregnant, and it's so tight my skin hurts. Last time I felt like this it turns out I had noro virus. But this time as far as I'm aware I haven't been in contact with it. The last twice I've had it I could pin point exactly which patient gave me it. So I'm just waiting for the explosion to begin, boo. I feel dreadful.

Oh no! Not good. How are you feeling today?

Less bloated thank god, especially as I've got a 12 hour shift to content with. I have no idea what the problem is, still getting mega cramps but I suspect it's my IBS playing up now.

Survived the 12 hour shift, had several breath taking stomach cramps but today I'm feeling normal again. I have no idea what that was but I never want to experience that again. It was awful!!

I hope everyone else's weekend has been better than mine! My CDC has gone away for two weeks now and I'm determined not to get up to my old tricks while she's away. I WILL lose weight while she's gone! But I think I'll need a lot of help and guidance.

Glad you are feeling better today Sal. Stay strong and show your CDC just how well you can do in that two weeks!

Don't know what's going on but the weight is flying off this week! Maybe last weekend shocked my body in to thinking it is week one again?! Based on my wii fit I have lost 10lb since Tuesday. 10lb!!!!! That is insane!!!! Not complaining, just hoping the wii is not lying to me!!! 2 more days til weigh in too! Wii puts me at 19st exactly this morning, so 19st 1lb on CDC scales... Seem to have flown through the 19s!!! I am going to see the 18s really really soon!!!!

So glad you're feeling better Sal.

And Cazza - wow, how brilliant! :clap: About time, mind - you've been so committed to getting the diet right this time, you definitely deserve to have a super-big loss once in a while. Really pleased for you!

If you're wondering where my diary thread has wandered off to, I've asked for it to be moved to the Silver Members diary section cos I'm doing my own low carb thing with the help of Cambridge products at the mo. At some point I fully expect I'll end up back on SS but while I'm not quite in that place at the moment I need to be doing something that keeps me from piling the weight back on. :sigh: Not doing too badly but I'm having the TOTM from hell at the mo.

Have a good Sunday x x

Damn taste buds have changed again! Having my first bar in a few days, a lemon yogurt bar, and finding it sickly sweet! Urgh. Not convinced I will manage to finish it!

Damn taste buds have changed again! Having my first bar in a few days, a lemon yogurt bar, and finding it sickly sweet! Urgh. Not convinced I will manage to finish it!

That's interesting - I'm glad it's not just me. I thought I'd never go off lemon bars but the last couple I've had have not hit the spot. :( The texture seems different too somehow. Back to my old favourite chocolate orange bars again...

Been for a lovely long walk/run. Walked from home to big outlet 2.5miles away - lovely walk along the seafront! Incorporated short bursts of running - 200m or so at a time! Chloe thought it was a great game of "I'll race you to..." and for the first time in my life I could have beaten her every time and had to slow myself down to let her win! Apparently it isn't sporting to beat a 5 year old every time!!!

Also, massive nsv for me (other than running) is I went on the swings!!!!! Chloe was a bit confused I think, she has never seen me on the swings before! Daft isn't it? I've always been too fat before!!!!

Stopped for lunch at shopping centre - salad at Strada - quick look round the shops then Chloe has asked to walk home too!!!!

Wow Cazza that's fantastic!!! Ive gone off the lemon bars too, my CDC nearly had a heart attack when I didn't order any this week. I think something is different! I can't put my finger on it, but at first it just thought I'd sickened myself of them.

I'm feeling a bit sad today, I've just found out that my friends marriage is over. This couple were the perfect pair, they were meant to be but have broken up because her work with her charity needs her to be in Kenya and his work keeps him here. It's amicable and they're remaining friends, but I'm sad for them.

Back