Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Weigh in at 5.30... Still 100% and rapidly heading towards the end of day 8!

So I had my weigh in...

Come on Cazza don't keep us hanging!!

Hehe 16lb not bad for a week! Was initially a little disappointed, but then remembered that my initial weigh in last Monday was at 9am and this weigh in was at 5.30pm. Plus it has been totm since Thursday, so not bad really :)

That's bloody brilliant well done!!!

WOW - just tried the lemon yoghurt bar...and it is delicious!!!! Mmmmm

WOW 16 lbs off is fantastic! Welldone you!! xx

I am freezing cold and feel a bit like someone is sitting on my shoulders ;-( booked in to do an hour of Pilates tonight starting to wonder whether it is a sensible idea....hmmmm....

Good grief, it's hard to keep up with this thread! :eek: Which is great, don't get me wrong!

Morning all-had a funny kind of day so didn't post.I didn't cheat though so I'm happy with that.My weight loss is going to be a lot slower this time round it seems.I'm used to losing loads in my first week, then 5lbs a week most weeks after that.This time round it'll be 3 if I'm lucky.My consultant says it'll be the tablets I'm on slowing it down.I haven't lost anything between Friday and today.I did however lose 4 inches off my hips which is quite astounding. I suspect my thyroid medication needs to be a little higher-I'm seeing the consultant about it on Weds so will ask him then to put it up a bit as I still have all the symptoms and only one (dry skin) has improved.

I suspect you're way under-medicated still, Slim. You're only on 50mcg if I remember rightly? But most consultants and GPs will only up the dose slowly. Good news about the blood pressure - that's pretty impressive compared to what it was last week!

***question of the day***
Do you still wear high heels when you're overweight?

Nope, I've never really got on with high heels. I fall over in flats - a lot. :rolleyes: Scares the beejezus out of people who don't know me very well, cos I tend to almost fall over but then recover. Very dramatic LOL. I'm a weeble right? Wobble but don't fall down. Interestingly I didn't fall over nearly so much when I was slimmer back in 2008. Hmm, another thing to add to my list of things to look forward to! :)

I've just asked this question in the main forum because I'm scared I'm not going to be losing as much this time. I'm only having a little panic because the scales didn't move this morning grrr, sending me into a twist, which would normally result in a binge but not this time. Anyway here's the question I posted.

"I first did Cambridge very successfully back in 2008, through one reason and another I find myself with a fair amount of weight to lose again. My question is this:

Will I still see the same losses as I did the first time as long as I stick to it 100%? I've tried unsuccessfully over the last couple of years to lose weight with this diet, I've dabbled and cheated. Have I messed up my metabolism for good, so that the diet won't work as successfully this time? Is it likely to take me a lot longer to lose a similar amount of weight (I've set my target lower this time).

Sorry that was more a barrage of questions than one question!"

Actually, I don't think your losses will be significantly slower - I don't think metabolisms are so easily broken. I've dabbled and cheated too. But I do still get good losses on the weeks when I do it 100%. And I was looking back through my original 'journey' the other day and noticed that my losses per week for the first 21 weeks went as follows (doing the diet 100%!): 11,5,2,5,2,5,3,4,2,3,1,5,4,1,0,5,6,3,0,2,3. Now, that's 5 stones in 21 weeks. But I'd completely forgotten (until I dug out my card) that I had two weeks where I lost nothing at all and two weeks where I 'only' lost a pound. The memory plays tricks, it seems!

I think age is a factor, unfortunately. Our metabolic rates decrease year on year, dammit. I was 37 the first time I tried SS and I'm now 43. So maybe the losses won't be quite so speedy. BUT, as Slim2012 says in a later post, they're still going to be one hell of lot faster than on any other diet. :D

Yes I did so I think you may be right. Today has been so hard. Tomorrow is the start of another week at least. Good luck to us all and thank you for everyone's support this week.
Xxxx

Hope things are going well!

Hey hope I can join you guys. I'm starting CD tomorrow for the first time. 7st to go and feeling very motivated even though I know it's gonna be a really tough week.

I will succeed x

Course you can join us - and yes, you will succeed! We're hardcore here - failure is not an option, LOL ;)

Good luck for tomorrow Netty! I am at the end of day 7 100%, weigh in tomorrow evening...EEEKKKKKK. Haven't stepped on the scales once since I was weighed by my Cambridge Consultant last monday - unheard of for me!

Ha ha - no, I haven't stood on my scales either, Cazza. Which is unheard of for me. But, the first time I did this, I only weighed myself at home on weigh day (so I could compare against my CDC's scales).

Advice needed.. Jeez. Yesterday evening was soo hard. Hardest yet!.. So the last two days I've woken in the morning really achey. Not usual pains for me. The aches are all around my lower back and thighs and hips. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this?

Hmm, not sure what that is. But I have to confess I ache everywhere most of the time, so I'm not sure if I'd notice whether that was a feature of this diet! Aches and pains do magically start clearing up once you're a few weeks in though!

Hello everyone,

Is it ok for me to join in with you guys? if so hi! :)

I did Cambridge last september and lasted 3 weeks until life got in the way, but im determined this time will be my last, my OH is doing it with me so im hoping it will be a whole lot easier! Slim2012 do you have an underactive thyroid? I do and even though im apparantly on the right dosage i dont beleive im like someone who has a fully functioning one, i get extremely tired, loose hair a lot and my nails dont grow. AND of course really struggle to maintain a weight let alone loose!

I have just had my first shake, seeing CDC tonight, had left over products from last time so hence why i have started this morning!

Oh and in reply i do wear heels as I think they make me look slimmer but god do they hurt!!

xx

Hi Skinnybean - welcome aboard!

Cheer up everyone :p I am sure you will get the weight off just cos you dont see it every day doesn't mean it won't happen! I went for a swim yday so expected to see a drop but I stayed the same this morning boohoo. Haha. I was actually concerned a bit coz I swallowed a bit of water (well it went up my nose LOL not sure that I am allowed that :cry:) The only thing I keep thinking is having 3l of water and 3 shakes a day there is no way in this world my weight cannot change! :D

In regard to heels I wear them they make me feel taller, slimmer and more lady like haha, it is only the balls of my feet that hurt after a few hours it feels like the bone is going to come through the bottom of my foot eek. I thought this was from buying cheap shoes but if it is coz I am a fatty then hey that is something else to look forward to! Lol!

I am surprised I am doing well as I normally eat all day at my desk but not even wanted a nibble so far so happy with that. My life is far happier now I have coffee in it haha even though there is no milk it still tastes good.

Yay for coffee! And as for seeing weight loss on the scales every day - no. Doesn't happen. But you'll be losing fat every day whether that shows up on the scales or not, it's just that normal bodily water fluctuations can cover up that loss.

Hi can I also join in please I have also posted in the cambridge diet returners as I started again on 2nd January and am now on day 6.

Theresa x

Hi Theresa! :wavey:

I like our team :) we make a good one and fab support lets not break that

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope I'm included in this 6 :) x

Completely agree - and I think we now number way more than 6!

Hehe 16lb not bad for a week! Was initially a little disappointed, but then remembered that my initial weigh in last Monday was at 9am and this weigh in was at 5.30pm. Plus it has been totm since Thursday, so not bad really :)

WOW - just tried the lemon yoghurt bar...and it is delicious!!!! Mmmmm

Woohoo! :banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

That's amazing, well done! And I quite agree - lemon bars are yum! :p

Wow, mammoth post. Not really room to say much about me, LOL. It's day 6 and I'm doing fine despite a mad day at work!

Last edited:
16lb loss is amazeballs! Congrats.

The Lemon yoghurt bars are yummy yummy :).

Hope everyone has had a good day. I was able to get to the get to the gym tonight which always helps to keep my hunger under wraps xxx

Starlit Cazza - thats just so so so so so amazing - well done thats so ace !!!!

LOVELY TO SEE EVERYONE DOING SO WELL

Im on day 6 now and still 100% which Im pleased at and proud of. Am back at work tomorrow which will be a test but Ive got my water ready and my shakes and my blender so there should be no reason to have to drop into the co-op for my daily diet of Pepsi Max, Mccoys salt and vinegar and a wispa! THOSE DAYS ARE GONE!

I do wear heels to try and make me walk taller and feel more glamorous, but I cant walk in them as well with all this weight, so I cant wait to wear them properly and enjoy it.

Keep up all the good work.
xxx

WOW 16lbs in amazing!!!
Well done x

Omg, that is fab. How much did you want to lose starlit? I will be lucky if I hit 10lb I think. Can't wait until wed to find out. Don't think I am getting enough water in tbh, need to try and push it a bit more tomorrow.
What has everyone had today?
So far I have had a fruits of the forest and a choc mint shake. Debating a lemon bar for tea to cheer me up xxx

I am happy with the loss, don't get me wrong, but it isn't my best ever first week loss. But this time I am going to keep going and lose it all, it doesn't matter how long it takes!!!

I'm watching Embarrassing Fat Bodies right now and Supersize vs Superskinny is on tomorrow! Lots of motivation about at the moment :)

Watching too. If the risk of engulfing your own penis isn't motivation enough for you Scott, there is no hope ;)

That poor bloke with all that skin. I'm terrified of being left looking like a melted candle when this is all over :eek:

Back