Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Can't see page to catch up. Internet al weird. Weigh in lost 13lb but clothes not looser so must be water :(

good morning everyone.

i always read this thread but very rarely comment.

Hi all-been MIA for a few days as had sooo much going on both good and bad.
First of all-the lump I had removed is NOT cancer!!Yeayyyyyyy!!!Bad news is my thyroid is not working at all so my meds have been doubled now to 100mcg a day.So I have to see what it's like in a month and see if I need even more meds.
Secondly-my ex has been annoying me...nuff said
Thirdly-just found out today that a friend's dad died last week :( RIP Mr Bromley.
Fourthly-my knees are not aching as much
Fifthly-I had an inspection at work and she was very pleased with me :)
Sixthly-my weight is at a standstill but doc says could be due to my thyroid and I should see a change in 2 weeks or so...sigh

So there you have it-the last few days of my life LOL

I have a non functioning thyroid and take 100 and 75 alternative days, you will probably find as you loose weight the dosage will go down, i still struggle though and have been on medication since i was 13. Most peoples weight fluctuates due to stress or happiness etc but for us it will remain the same as our hormones wont do the same thing as the medication regulates it. Its so annoying!!

well done on everyones losses! my first wi is on monday and im so excited, been 100% but not looking forward to weekend!

xx

Day 12 today and I feel so much better than the last couple of days!!! Hunger pangs have passed and I am feeling good. Just had first shake of the day - chocolate tetra mmmm. Only had a litre of water so far but have at least a litre of coffee too :) backs of legs feel a bit weird today. Not sore just tight?

Thanks all.
Skinnybean-what were your blood results before you started taking the meds?Mine were 0.4.I've just had them done again today so will see what we've gone up to if any.The doc said it would probably have to go up again but he's going to see me in a month and wanted me to get a blood test done just before.He says thyroid function may improve as it recovers from the surgery but not to count on it.

Who wants some eye candy to look at today?And no it's not Ian Somerhalder.Check this out-I'm amazed by how strong he must be!And just goes to prove you don't need to go to fancy gyms and use fancy equipment...the link looks a bit funny but it does work...

Jeste

Whoa - that is eye candy allright Slim!

Cazza - apologies for jumping over your sad post yesterday :(

Day 12 here as well and yes, much easier, proper in ketosis, have to force myself to eat my bar. Finally going home and baby cuddles along with a weight-in tomorrow morning makes it feel like Christmas! Flight to Newark and then the long flight to Stockholm - if I can do this on water, coffee and my bars I can do anything! Please cross your fingers for me ladies. Have a lovely day and get strong for the weekend!

SLIM2012- i have no clue what so ever! It was 11 years ago now that i was diagnosed and when your 13 you dont really care as long as they say you can be skinny... that never happened though without some damn hard work on ww when i was 20. since being diagnosed with my thyroid, then found out i have an extremely low immune system that apparently went hand in hand. million tests later and they have finally left me alone! I still struggle to maintain any weight, even when i dont eat a lot my weight goes up, but apparently my bloods are fine!
xx

Npt read all ur thread but noticed you talking about the bars and wanting more .., I used to get a selection chop them up mix and weigh out portions and have them after my protein meal .. Also the powdered shakes are nicer bleanded with water and ice it increases ur water intake too .. I'm on sw now so won't be joining u but wanted to help if I could xx

They kept telling me my bloods were fine as they're within the normal range (which crazily is 0.4 to 5.5!!) but doc said clearly I need more as I have all the symptoms so he said to give it 2 weeks and see if I felt better.

Ooh, hold on to that doctor with both hands. Sounds like you might just have one who understands that the normal range isn't normal. Most people on thyroxine feel better when their TSH is below 1.0 (and if you were to test people without thyroid problems that's what they'd be). The normal range ain't normal at all. In the US, they treat people who have a TSH of above 3.0. Not here, well, often not without a fight. GPs would rather tell you you must be depressed than treat under active thyroids it seems. LOL, can you tell I've done a lot of reading around this, courtesy of OH's thyroid issues? :)

I've been having a little think today, I've had nothing better to do. I've dotted about on various support sites over the years and I've come to the conclusion that very few of them are actually supportive. This thread is working because rather than encourage people to 'eat a bit of protein' when they're feeling wobbly we're more likely to advise a drink of water, a bath, a walk anything but turn to the demon that got us here in the first place.

The reason I've failed to get back down to my target weight over the last 2 years is because of this. I'm very much an all or nothing girl. So advising me to eat protein I might as well have been advised to eat the world. I'm not blaming others, because we're all responsible for our own actions. But I do think that we'll meaning people can lead people down the path of self-destruction.

Until I found this thread I was fully prepared to go it alone rather than run into well meaning 'help'. So basically I'm glad this thread is here, 100% threads are hard to come by and I appreciate the support. This time I'm going to do it, and get to my 11st goal.

Only had time for one shake at work today - was ridiculously busy! So been feeling a bit dizzy the last hour or so. Finally home and having my second shake - a yummy cappuccino shake with extra coffee. Hoping it makes me feel better! Know I am going to have to fit in my next shake in the next few hours so think that I will be ok!

Well said Slim! (your posted appeared halfway through me typing mine!). I love this thread, and knowing that it is a safe haven is a massive help to me! I got the wii fit out last night as I am now slim enough to be able to use it again :D :D Does mean I have access to a means of weighing myself again though, but doesn't mean I HAVE to weigh myself everyday ;) Plus as well I don't know how the wii fit compares to my Consultants scales, so really I have no idea what I have really lost. Wii fit shows 23st 2 this morning, which is a 5lb loss so far this week if it is right, but like I said, won't know until Monday.

Drunk my shake whilst typing this. Feel a hell of a lot better already! Need to make a special effort to drink 2 shakes at work!

Anyone know if there are bad effects of having 3 shakes a day instead of 4? I've just had my third of day and want to go to bed I'm so tired. I'm only on 4 because I'm 5-10 in height. Tell me do I have to set my alarm for a shake at about 10??

ps am contacting support. As still can see others posts. So if you reply to my post I can't see it unless I get it fixed

Anyone know if there are bad effects of having 3 shakes a day instead of 4? I've just had my third of day and want to go to bed I'm so tired. I'm only on 4 because I'm 5-10 in height. Tell me do I have to set my alarm for a shake at about 10??

ps am contacting support. As still can see others posts. So if you reply to my post I can't see it unless I get it fixed

I would just have another shake now rather than wait if you're so tired.Best to have the amount you need rather than skip shakes.

I've been having a little think today, I've had nothing better to do. I've dotted about on various support sites over the years and I've come to the conclusion that very few of them are actually supportive. This thread is working because rather than encourage people to 'eat a bit of protein' when they're feeling wobbly we're more likely to advise a drink of water, a bath, a walk anything but turn to the demon that got us here in the first place.

The reason I've failed to get back down to my target weight over the last 2 years is because of this. I'm very much an all or nothing girl. So advising me to eat protein I might as well have been advised to eat the world. I'm not blaming others, because we're all responsible for our own actions. But I do think that we'll meaning people can lead people down the path of self-destruction.

Until I found this thread I was fully prepared to go it alone rather than run into well meaning 'help'. So basically I'm glad this thread is here, 100% threads are hard to come by and I appreciate the support. This time I'm going to do it, and get to my 11st goal.

Glad to hear it Surfhunny :) That was what I was hoping, that people would feel encouraged rather than tempted.

And on that note please kick me-I want to eat!!

Glad to hear it Surfhunny :) That was what I was hoping, that people would feel encouraged rather than tempted.

You don't really!! Think of how cr@p you'll feel after, nothing you could possibly eat could taste that good it'll take that horrible guilty feeling away!!!

Ooh, hold on to that doctor with both hands. Sounds like you might just have one who understands that the normal range isn't normal. Most people on thyroxine feel better when their TSH is below 1.0 (and if you were to test people without thyroid problems that's what they'd be). The normal range ain't normal at all. In the US, they treat people who have a TSH of above 3.0. Not here, well, often not without a fight. GPs would rather tell you you must be depressed than treat under active thyroids it seems. LOL, can you tell I've done a lot of reading around this, courtesy of OH's thyroid issues? :)

That's so weird then as my level is 0.4 and the doc said we would try aiming for about the middle of the range so about 2.5.Mine's been below 1 for years and I've been feeling rubbish for years.
I'm confused!!

I'm in your boat, been fighting my demons for the last two days. Not hungry, just have an urge to sit down in front of a plate of food.

But it would waste all this hard work we've put in. Have an early night and feel better in the morning xx

Seriously considering giving this a go... Virtual Gastric Band have heard very very good things about virtual gastric banding (Dad's ex is a clinical hypnotherapist)

Oh god my tummy is so poorly tonight :( Keep having to run to the loo. Urgghhhh. DOn't know what is going on there? Feel fine just got the runs!

Back