Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

slim2012 said:
That's so weird then as my level is 0.4 and the doc said we would try aiming for about the middle of the range so about 2.5.Mine's been below 1 for years and I've been feeling rubbish for years.
I'm confused!!

Hmm. Maybe we're not talking about TSH then (though having said that, there's nothing else that would have that kind of reading). More thyroxine is likely to lower your TSH further - it's not going to take it up to 2.5. Maybe I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Confused dot com :)

Surfhunny said:
I've been having a little think today, I've had nothing better to do. I've dotted about on various support sites over the years and I've come to the conclusion that very few of them are actually supportive. This thread is working because rather than encourage people to 'eat a bit of protein' when they're feeling wobbly we're more likely to advise a drink of water, a bath, a walk anything but turn to the demon that got us here in the first place.

The reason I've failed to get back down to my target weight over the last 2 years is because of this. I'm very much an all or nothing girl. So advising me to eat protein I might as well have been advised to eat the world. I'm not blaming others, because we're all responsible for our own actions. But I do think that we'll meaning people can lead people down the path of self-destruction.

Until I found this thread I was fully prepared to go it alone rather than run into well meaning 'help'. So basically I'm glad this thread is here, 100% threads are hard to come by and I appreciate the support. This time I'm going to do it, and get to my 11st goal.

Completely agree. :) Well said!

Starlit_Cazza said:
Oh god my tummy is so poorly tonight :( Keep having to run to the loo. Urgghhhh. DOn't know what is going on there? Feel fine just got the runs!

Oddly enough, I had the same problem earlier this week. It makes an interesting change cos usually I have exactly the opposite problem on this wonderful plan. A mild tummy bug maybe? Cos we aren't eating much I don't suppose it would be so obvious - there's really not a whole lot to get rid of!

Can anyone help - is it ok to season the CD soups with salt & pepper?

Many thanks in advance x

Pepper, yes. Salt, no, sorry. :(

Also totally confused about the thyroid thing-very odd-will ask him next month when I see him.

In other news I was forced by my daughters to do the biggest loser six week slimdown dvd(bought in poundland)-OMG I am dead.It was an hour and 10 mins.I couldn't do some of it and what I could do I did quite badly but I did it.My 14 year old has said she's going to make sure I do it every day until i find it easy-Um that'll take about a year then LOL.

Hey slim wonder where ga went Hun,

Oh you've had a rollercoaster of events !
Hope your ok now?

Take care :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Grrr annoyed with myself! Stepped on the Wii fit again this morning to weigh myself and am 1lb heavier than yesterday!!! FFS when will I ever learn?

Is there a way of disabling that function on the Wii Fit? I can't remember (it's been so long since I used mine :eek:). It's not a real result, you know that. A pound is actually a tiddly amount of weight, for all we live and die by what the scales say - it's 454ml of water if you want to look at it another way. So a couple of cups of coffee will have you weigh a whole pound more, as will half a litre of water. Plus I imagine the place where you're using your Wii Fit is on carpet? So it's not even a level surface. Take no notice and stay strong! :character00116:

The scales aren't cooperating for me either today, mine have stayed the same. It's soul destroying, but the major drawback of me weighing every day. The trick is to not let it unravel you, just carry on being 100% it has to shift eventually.

In previous times I'd take this as a sign I was failing and go off and eat a lot but not this time, I'm not seeing it as a setback because I've done nothing wrong. I'm just going to increase my water a little bit today to flush out any water retention.

'Course, now you're making me feel guilty - cos it's weigh day for me today - and I've lost 9lbs since last Saturday. :D

'Course, now you're making me feel guilty - cos it's weigh day for me today - and I've lost 9lbs since last Saturday. :D

Woo Hoo go Lily, that's fab news!!!

I'm really struggling with the water. I always do and in the past it's been enough to make me quit the diet. I know it's very important to drink the whole amount and I wouldn't dream of doing the diet and not having enough water but over the years I've come to realize that 3 liters is the amount I need to drink daily to avoid water retention. Any more or any less and I'm a human sponge.

To me this seems like an unrealistic amount to have to drink every single day (although I force it down). It's so hard, especially as I can't get my water any other way. I don't like black tea or coffee or any herbal teas. In the past I've had milk (SS+ type plan) but I'm sticking to SS by the letter this time so no milk.

Urgh sorry for the rant I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm freezing cold (too cold to sit downstairs even with heating & fire on) so the last thing I want is to drink water! Major sulks!!!

image-1203983220.jpg

Got to drink two of these mothers a day :(

Have you tried the water flavourings?It really really helps with getting the water down.

Scales are on hard floor. I'm not letting it bother me, it's my own fault for weighing every day after all! I know my weight is lower than last Monday and that is all that matters :) I don't think I could do this diet without tea and coffee - fortunately drank both black beforehand anyway!!! I always put extra water in to shakes as well as ice - might be worth a try? Also sparking water with a bit of water flavorings I always found to be a nice change!!!

Day 13... Can't believe it!!! :-D

I completely agree it's hard to drink all the water. At times I've really struggled with this - I'm not big on herbal tea either. I can just about tolerate peppermint tea so that's what I have at work. I'm finding it hard to drink black coffee at the mo. I don't like strong coffee at the best of times and right now I can only bear it really weak! But I'm trying to view the water drinking as part of the hardcore-ness, LOL. That's it's just as much part of sticking to this diet as having the packets. I tell myself I have to have my 2.4 litres plain water every day then as much peppermint tea and black coffee as I can stand in addition. Works out well over 3.5 litres most days. So my rule of thumb is to get at least a litre of water down in the morning, another litre in the afternoon and the other 400ml in the early evening.

Scales are on hard floor. I'm not letting it bother me, it's my own fault for weighing every day after all! I know my weight is lower than last Monday and that is all that matters :) I don't think I could do this diet without tea and coffee - fortunately drank both black beforehand anyway!!! I always put extra water in to shakes as well as ice - might be worth a try? Also sparking water with a bit of water flavorings I always found to be a nice change!!!

Day 13... Can't believe it!!! :-D

Day 13 - brilliant! :clap::clap::clap:

Back