Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

If it makes you feel better I have felt fabulous all day today :)

It does lol. It's mad because all I was reading was that everyone was feeling better after day 4 and I have just been feeling crap. It's nice to know that it may change tomorrow xx

starting weight 16st 5.5lb. week 1 -12.5lb

This is totally not related to dieting at all, just a mystery. The week before Christmas my neighbours went away. I thought they'd gone on holiday, BUT they're still not back!! Now where I live everyone knows everyone etc and both of them grew up in the village. No one knows where they've gone, it's very strange.

The house is all closed up with blinds drawn all day every day. No signs of life at all, until Wednesday. I'd been to my friends and when I came home all the blinds were open and every light in the house was on. I assumed they were back. Then on Thursday, blinds closed up tight again. Yesterday I was taking the bin out and saw the guys father having a cigarette on the back step I was about to ask where the neighbours were when he disappeared into the house.

The mystery continues now because I just heard the door slam and now there's lots of hoovering going on. My neighbours have got two school age kids so I doubt they'll have been off school all this week. It's just so weird. I've been off all this week so I know they haven't moved out to have work done, and I highly doubt they'll have got anyone in over the Christmas period.

I wonder whats going on, I'm your typical nosy neighbour. This is just plain weird....

How very very strange... Now I want to know what's going on?!

Hah me too, get a glass up to the wall! Lol xx

Ha ha already have had a glass to the wall! The hoovering has just started up again. If it carries on much longer I'm going over there!!

:party0011:Day 14!!!!:party0011: Wrapping up warm and heading to the zoo with my daughter, sister, niece and nephew :D Will certainly keep me busy all day, and some exercise too!

Hope everyone has a good day xxx

This is totally not related to dieting at all, just a mystery. The week before Christmas my neighbours went away. I thought they'd gone on holiday, BUT they're still not back!! Now where I live everyone knows everyone etc and both of them grew up in the village. No one knows where they've gone, it's very strange.

The house is all closed up with blinds drawn all day every day. No signs of life at all, until Wednesday. I'd been to my friends and when I came home all the blinds were open and every light in the house was on. I assumed they were back. Then on Thursday, blinds closed up tight again. Yesterday I was taking the bin out and saw the guys father having a cigarette on the back step I was about to ask where the neighbours were when he disappeared into the house.

The mystery continues now because I just heard the door slam and now there's lots of hoovering going on. My neighbours have got two school age kids so I doubt they'll have been off school all this week. It's just so weird. I've been off all this week so I know they haven't moved out to have work done, and I highly doubt they'll have got anyone in over the Christmas period.

I wonder whats going on, I'm your typical nosy neighbour. This is just plain weird....

Oh, that would bug me too lol. Can't you go knock the door and say that you were wondering if you should keep an eye on the house for them, or that you heard noises and thought someone was in there that shouldn't have been. Mysterious Xxxx

:party0011:Day 14!!!!:party0011: Wrapping up warm and heading to the zoo with my daughter, sister, niece and nephew :D Will certainly keep me busy all day, and some exercise too!

Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Have fun in the zoo. I am determined to venture out today because I think I have cabin fever lol. xx

This is the third day at the same weight :( I want to see some downward movement, what good is a big week 1 loss if the rest are going to be pitiful? My CDC will not believe I've been 100% because this is the pattern I always follow. I lose a decent chunk in week 1 and then the tweaks start to come in. Except this time there's no tweaks or cheats and I'm looking like a 2lb loss this week :(

I know week 2 is always a low loss but I've got so much to lose I want it gone! I wish i could stop the daily weighing. Grrr frustrated!!!

Sal, you're losing fat, no matter what the scales say. You're getting smaller every day. Scales are stupid, they can't tell the difference between water, fat, muscle, bone. All they 'know' is what the whole of you weighs at a given point in time, water, fat and all. You know about homeostasis right? That your body's desperately trying to maintain the status quo and keep everything the same? So your body's retaining water to compensate for the loss of fat. That retention's temporary - sooner or later it'll give it up and you'll have a whoosh.

Hang in there (I know you're going to :)).

You know me Lily, I know the biology of VLCDs like the back of my hand, occasionally need reminding that it can't fail if I'm 100%. I really wish I'd taken my measurements at the beginning so I could use something more reliable than the scales. But you're right I'm not giving up, still too fat to give up!!

I think I'm feeling crabby today because I had another food related dream, I ate an American style all you can eat breakfast and then felt really bad about it afterwards. Glad it was just a dream but then when I went on the scales and saw no movement I had a tiny moment where I wondered if it was true.

Last edited:
You know me Lily, I know the biology of VLCDs like the back of my hand, occasionally need reminding that it can't fail if I'm 100%. I really wish I'd taken my measurements at the beginning so I could use something more reliable than the scales. But you're right I'm not giving up, still too fat to give up!!

Have you measured now? if not i definitely would. MY CDC measured my waist and hips. I've not measured the rest yet as trying to find my tape measure but will do asap x

Have you measured now? if not i definitely would. MY CDC measured my waist and hips. I've not measured the rest yet as trying to find my tape measure but will do asap x

I might have to dig out my tape measure and start measuring. I don't want it to be another thing I become obsessed about though. At least measuring once a week should be okay or is that too much?

I might have to dig out my tape measure and start measuring. I don't want it to be another thing I become obsessed about though. At least measuring once a week should be okay or is that too much?

I think weekly measuring is fine, and if you can... try aim for evry other day WI, it's a small step away from a daily WI but may help you :)

Little update on my neighbours mystery. This afternoon the man who lives there pulled up in a van, his dad dashed into the house got something and dashed out then they drove away. Still no sign of the lady or the kids. So I know they're not on holiday.

Weird.

I am frozen from the inside out! Excellent day at the zoo but it was a tiny bit chilly! Walked about 3 miles, but the combination of the cold and the walking has left me utterly shattered! Need to make a shake in a minute, but want to warm up a bit first!!!! Tempted to go and have a nice hot bath, just to warm my bones!!!! The zoo really was brilliant - knew it would be, used to go a lot last time we lived down here, but Chloe was too young to remember going before (haven't been for about 4 years and she is only 5 1/2 now!). Anyway, ended up buying an annual pass for each of us! It's a good bit of exercise and a decent zoo, plus the passes cost me £83 for me and Chloe, whereas the summer entry prices alone would cost me £30 a time to get in!!!! So I only have to go 3 times this year to get my money back.

Sorry waffling now. I feel pretty good today, but need to get more water down before bed. Drank a lot of coffee at the zoo, but it was so cold I didn't really fancy cold water! Always nice being out with my sister too - she worked as a Cambridge Consultant for a few years and lost 4 stone doing it herself a few years back - so couldn't find anyone else in real life who understands exactly what I am going through right now!

Hope everyone else has had a good day today?

Sounds like you've had a good day! It's good to get out and about. Helps keep your mind off being on a diet.

Hi how is everyone doing, I have been looking for this thread I signed up but could not remember what it was called! Well on day 12 today and doing ok, had quite a hard weekend as been two times where I have been with others eating normal food! but I did it and am proud of myself! I lost 13lb at my first weigh in so am looking forward to the next one on Wednesday evening!Hope you are all ok, I will have to have a read back over the pages to catch up how everyone is doing!Take care x

Hi how is everyone doing, I have been looking for this thread I signed up but could not remember what it was called! Well on day 12 today and doing ok, had quite a hard weekend as been two times where I have been with others eating normal food! but I did it and am proud of myself! I lost 13lb at my first weigh in so am looking forward to the next one on Wednesday evening!Hope you are all ok, I will have to have a read back over the pages to catch up how everyone is doing!Take care x

Hi, that's fab. This is my day 12 and I lost 12.5lb on my first week. I weigh on Wednesday afternoon but I am flagging this evening. I really just want a meal :( think I best go in the bath and have an early night again. That'll teach me for going down my nans this afternoon, why do they think that you need feeding lol. Have a good week xx

I think I'm feeling crabby today because I had another food related dream, I ate an American style all you can eat breakfast and then felt really bad about it afterwards. Glad it was just a dream but then when I went on the scales and saw no movement I had a tiny moment where I wondered if it was true.

Ok. I give. What is an "American" style buffet? :confused:

Back