Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

I just sent you a PM Lily (my first PM in 2 years!!!).

Wow you lot really are grouchy. If I was you, I wouldn't worry too much about people posting all the same questions all the time - with any luck they will get it right first time and not have to repeat their CD experience. And don't forget, you are not obliged to answer - they are not specifically asking you.
I don't understand why you are getting so frustrated with people advocating "cheating" - how on earth does this affect your journey? And haven't YOU all been there before?

Wow you lot really are grouchy. If I was you, I wouldn't worry too much about people posting all the same questions all the time - with any luck they will get it right first time and not have to repeat their CD experience. And don't forget, you are not obliged to answer - they are not specifically asking you.
I don't understand why you are getting so frustrated with people advocating "cheating" - how on earth does this affect your journey? And haven't YOU all been there before?

I'll tell you how it affects my journey, obviously I can't speak for anyone else. I find CD hard, I want a place where I don't have to hear about food as I'm doing SS so no food for me. The problem with the rest of the forum is that there's always mention of food, it's human nature. But in the past I've found that I'm very easily lead so if I thought that a little bit of this or that won't affect ketosis or weight loss I'd give it a go. BUT the last two years of struggling in this fashion is testament to the fact that THIS DOES NOT WORK for me!! It leads to further slips and deviations away from the plan and eventually I'm off the wagon and gaining weight.

I did CD in 2008 and stuck to it to the letter and it worked perfectly. I tried again in 2010 after gaining due to an injury that left me sofa bound for 9 weeks, this time I tweaked and modified and never got to goal again and since then I've been struggling. This time I've been sticking to the diet to the letter and guess what? It's working, I no longer think about wanting to deviate, so hearing about people that do will be detrimental to me. I'd live it if I was strong enough to take no notice, but I'm not. That is why I dislike it so much.

But quite importantly I'm on old hand at CD, but these posts lead newbies astray and make things even harder than they need to be for them. I've struggled enough to know its horrible, and if the diet is followed as it should be the journey is inevitably shorter than it is otherwise. Hope that explains my feelings without sounding harsh.

What I take from that is that you have a wealth of experience when it comes to Cambridge. You now know what works for you - and that might not be the same as what works for someone else.

I personally find the attitudes expressed on this thread to be a bit judgemental (for want of a better word). So you don't want to read about people eating - well there is only one stage of this diet where you don't eat, so people are going to eat and they just might talk about it.
The rolling eyes and jumping on other threads to snap at people for eating seems totally unnecessary, and even to berate those people on this thread is just mean. They come looking for support and they don't get it.

What I take from that is that you have a wealth of experience when it comes to Cambridge. You now know what works for you - and that might not be the same as what works for someone else.

I personally find the attitudes expressed on this thread to be a bit judgemental (for want of a better word). So you don't want to read about people eating - well there is only one stage of this diet where you don't eat, so people are going to eat and they just might talk about it.
The rolling eyes and jumping on other threads to snap at people for eating seems totally unnecessary, and even to berate those people on this thread is just mean. They come looking for support and they don't get it.

I don't want to get into a slanging match over this whole thing, but your last sentence sums it up. They come looking for support and they don't get it. How can advocating cheating possibly help? I've said in previous posts that if people fall off the wagon and need help to get back on track then I would help, but I will not help someone to cheat and bend the rules of the diet. Call that judgemental if you like, I however realise that everyone copes with this diet in different ways but to get the best out of it and just make it easier sticking to what is written in the book is the way forward.

As for the fact that there are other steps on this diet I know that which is why I stick to this thread. There's an SS section on here but it does not get used often I've tried posting there and if there's no interaction what's the point? This thread was set up by old hands at CD who have learned from our past mistakes and are trying to SS or SS+ 100%

I may be selfish right now but I have spent years on here trying to help people and now I want to focus on myself, is that so wrong?

Well then don't read it. Practice what you preach.

Sarah, I don't think you get what we're trying to do here. With any luck, you never will. I'm not being funny when I say that - I honestly mean that I hope you don't reach the point where you understand why we're saying the things we're saying. :) Cos that will mean you've succeeded where we didn't. :D

This thread has been a lifeline for those of us posting in it. We don't need telling we're being judgemental. This is a safe haven for some of us to express our frustration, that's all. I don't think we're berating others, we're just acknowledging that we've seen it all before. Between us, we've seen hundreds of people come and go (and come back again ;)). Not a select band of folks that anyone should want to join, really, but if folks are happy to come along for the ride and not berate us for expressing our frustration we're happy to have those folks join us here. :)

No word of a lie, the best way to do Cambridge is to follow it by the book. And sometimes that means (although ideally it shouldn't) not listening to your CWPC - some of them have some very odd non-Head office approved views.

Well done on your loss too Surfhunny!!!!!

I am really worried about Slim2012 and the fact she hasn't been back here since she went to see the Doctor on Friday :( Really really hope she is ok xxx

Me too. :(

Hugs, Slim :hug99: x x x

I think I'll pm her tomorrow night if we still haven't heard how she is, she might not want to post it for public consumption. Anyway I've climbed off my soap box and into my bed. Got work in the morning, I'm the only one in who does my job so no getting snowed in for me tomorrow. Up early in case I need to clear my car. Oh and walk to mum and dads where I've abandoned it for the second time. Night all!

I left message on her wall couple days ago. She hasn't been on the site in days according to profile :(

I understand what you are saying Lily, but really this thread had turned into a place to moan and moan and moan about how other people are eating. I feel it got to the point where actually, it was just rude. This is a free forum for people to come to, so just because this is a thread for people who don't want to eat, it doesn't mean that people who are eating aren't going to read it.
This just my opinion, which I'm well aware is worth nothing.

And Starlit, you have confused me with other people here - I'm not here to preach, so nothing to practise. I just come here to read about other experiences, not to get bogged down with complaining about their experiences. Good luck with your journey.

Sarah perhaps you missed the posts on this thread where we've celebrated people's losses, worried for people's health or picked people up when they're feeling a bit low. Yes we moan, but pick any thread on any forum and you'll find people venting from time to time. In a perfect world we'd all be thin and never have anything to moan about. I have no more to say on this matter, I like this thread and until tonight felt it was the only place where Im supported.

I understand what you are saying Lily, but really this thread had turned into a place to moan and moan and moan about how other people are eating. I feel it got to the point where actually, it was just rude. This is a free forum for people to come to, so just because this is a thread for people who don't want to eat, it doesn't mean that people who are eating aren't going to read it.
This just my opinion, which I'm well aware is worth nothing.

And Starlit, you have confused me with other people here - I'm not here to preach, so nothing to practise. I just come here to read about other experiences, not to get bogged down with complaining about their experiences. Good luck with your journey.

Oh, your opinion is as valuable as any other here. Please don't feel otherwise. But I don't agree with your statement that this thread has turned into a place "to moan and moan and moan about how other people are eating". It hasn't. Collectively, we're a really supportive bunch - if you read all the way through the posts on this thread you'll see that. In the last week our numbers have dwindled not because we're mean and nasty but because people find it hard to keep going on this diet. So we're now a bunch who are 100% committed to getting this diet right this time. Failure just isn't an option.

Dare I say that you're not exactly being supportive yourself? We need each other here. We haven't been nasty to any named individuals - we're actually rather sensitive flowers ourselves. Surely you can see that by the way we're reacting to what you wrote?

The problem with the written word is that sometimes it's hard to catch the sentiment in which things are being said. None of us are cruel or heartless. Of course we've all been in the position of many of the people posting here in different threads, slipping from the wagon, etc. But we're merely trying to prop each other up on what for some of us is going to be a long and difficult journey. Please respect that too. Thanks x

Bundles

Hope you had a better day today (oops, it's 12.12 - better make that yesterday! :))

And I hope you got the VAT to add up in the end!

Urgh, I am fully loaded with yucky coldiness and snottiness and general urgh. Off to hospital appointment this morning, then seriously considering just climbing back in to bed!!!!

Yes Lilly.. Half way thru the numbers.. But like you cazza- I'm full of cold so crawled into bed last night and having a duvet day today in the hope that tomorrow I feel better. My diet today will mostly consist of .. Paracetamol.. Nurofen plus a nasal spray a throat spray and some other little tablet that's some kind of pain relief that I can take with the others.. Can't swallow. So few sips to force the tablets down and then hope when I get up later I hope to be able to swallow- drs at 4pm just in case I can't.
Im not hungry at all and Made me realise that my body likes to shut down completely when it's ill.. Another sign that I need to focus on my vitamins and minerals when I'm better so that I hopefully don't get I'll like this again.. Or if I do at least I tried to prevent it by focusing on supporting my body's immunity. I used to have fizzy orange things as a kid for colds but can anyone recommend anything for grown ups that helps keep the bugs away?

:) today tho because my neighbour bought me some flowers to say thanks for taking her to hosp last week . Cheered me right up even tho the pollen will prob aggravate the sneezes!

I would have thought a mulitivitamen aimed at improving the immune system might help?

I am getting my heckles up and in to my fighting stance. Hospital clinic running late shock horror. Would put money on them blaming my problems on my weight... :mad:

In response to prev posts about moans. I think this group is different from the others as the majority have a high bmi ( over 35) so have a lot to loose and have to be even stricter on themselves than normal people to reach goal. The eaters on the other threads maybe have less to loose and can have a slip and get back on with it. For people with higher bmis the not slipping is so much more of a focus because u become terrified that u won't get back on. Out of my own personal experience those who do slip or cheat on a set diet need to address their reasons for doing so as people giving them advice wont help them in long run as it might not stop them doing it again. People need to examine why and look at underlying causes for slip ups or cheats.As otherwise you loose weight but then gain again at some point later. - this is what the high bmi posters in here have done.. They've examined the causes and some have realised that the mention of food throws them off wagon so they avoid it.. A bit like an alcoholic avoiding a pub.

Good luck cazza.. I hate hospitals.
my friend has suggested going to holland and barret and asking someone about the multivitamins and stuff. I had a friend who used homeopathic stuff and swore by it but I have no clue about all that. So I think going in for professional advice might be wise.. Incase I accidentally overdose myself on vitamin c or something! I used to take well woman vits. But that doesn't seem to help keep colds at bay.

Back