Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Gosh, it's quiet around here tonight. That's the trouble with the last week in January - lots of the New Year's Resolution peeps have drifted away.

Still, I'm on day 24 and still going strong. This is the longest run of SS I've managed to do in years - no tweaks or cheats. :D Rather proud of myself

Ive just come back from my DD 11th birthday party - they had a wail of a time - ten 10/11yr old girls playing a mystery game based on a beauty pageant and the diamond from the crown goes misssing. They were all brilliant and had a fab time. Lots of party food there and Im pleased to say I resisted all of it thanks to ketosis and not feeling hungry! Plus I resisted bday cake as it was chocolate and I cant stand chocolate cake.

Well done Lily for getting this far wont be long and you will be saying Im on day 48!

hope everyone else okay
see you all tomorrow Im off to watch stella with a cd hot choc and chill after the party
xxx

I'm still here, worked late tonight, then had to drive home avoiding snow drifts. It's blowing off the field and covering the roads again, that and the blizzard conditions! It's horrible out there, I'm glad I'm tucked up in my bed now. Just listening to the wind is bad enough!

Yay, I'm not alone after all! :D

Hey, I just tried those size 18 jeans on. :D They fit already. :D :D :D

Fabulous news re herbal and fruit teas, it's nice to get a bit of variation. And well done ladies for getting in your size 18 jeans, I bet you're thrilled to bits. Can't wait to get in mine, fingers crossed for mid Feb...

I'm in Bradford West Yorkshire and the snow is coming down heavy :-(

[

Hi ladies well done on getting confirmation on the teas! Fab news re getting into your jeans its such a big boost when this happens you must be even more motivated now!

I lost 2 1/2 pound this week which I am pleased with but would have liked to loss a little more so I was in the 11's but there is always next week!

There does seem to be less people posting I have noted which is a shame!

Take care x

Evening ladies. I am in London staying with friends for weekend and geeking out :) end of day 26!!! 2 more days and 4 weeks will be done. Can't believe it!!! Well done everyone, we are awesome.

Happy happy happy! :D

5 pounds off for me this week - that's 21 pounds in 25 days! :woohoo:

Well done Lily!!!

Happy happy happy! :D

5 pounds off for me this week - that's 21 pounds in 25 days! :woohoo:

Well done Lily, that's really great x

Well done Lily that's fab!!

I'm just listening to podcasts I didn't even know I had. I downloaded them years ago but never listened to them. And now that I've got my new phone I've restored it from the iCloud and found them. Most of them are by Zoe Harcombe who wrote the Harcombe diet. But they're more about the psychological aspects of dieting, bingeing and obesity. It's interesting stuff! Think they must've been free on iTunes at the time.

Great loss Lily go girl x

Hope everyone's ok the podcasts sound interesting I am reading the beck solution which is also good! X

I read Beck, but I'm not convinced CBT works for me. I can't knock the book though it definitely got me thinking, and I still follow some of it now. I'm all about self help books at the moment. I'm reading one about how someone stopped binge eating (Brain over Binge - Kathryn Hanson), and another one which is a textbook on Eating disorders, written by the National Institute of Mental Health. That ones a bit deep but helpful.

I didn't really realise that binge eating was actually an eating disorder as much as bulimia and anorexia. So these book are helping get my head round that.

Evening all. Ss+ day for me today, though a small one at that. Just needed it today, can't explain why. Possibly pmt related (didn't come on in week after all was false alarm! Anyway not going to dwell on it!

Expecting a tiny loss this week. Not sure why. Managed not to weigh myself for a few days and away at friends until tomorrow night so no temptation to do so either! But am mentally preparing for a small loss, so anything over 1lb would be a pleasant surprise!!!

Going to give bars a miss next week I think. Find they make me feel bloated, and not helping toilet issues! Hmm must get something for that too...

As its about 1am that makes today day 28!!!! Only 56 more days til 810 week :)

Hi all, day 21 for me today. I'm feeling good today as I've gone down another notch on my belt today yippeeeeeee... fingers crossed for another good loss this week.

I've decided to look for a different CDC this week as I'm really not impressed by my current one. Fingers crossed I find a good one :) ... not sure if I'm being harsh but the lady I see just does not inspire me and I don't feel she cares about her clients. when I went for 1st weigh in she was wearing leggings that were full of holes and there was music blaring upstairs. last week I went and she was wearing pyjamas, at 6pm.... and last week I know the weather was bad but she knew she had clients visiting and had not cleared the snow and ice from her paths, steps or pavement I was literally skating trying to get to her front door!
Am I being harsh I don't know... I guess I expect a level of professionalism that I'm just not getting.... oh and in week 1 I hated the porridges so had to swap them, we agreed a time for me to go collect and when I got there I was literally ringing the bell and phoning stood on the doorstep for nearly 10 minutes, she had her music on so loud in the house and had obviously forgotten we'd arranged for that time. grrrr

I read Beck, but I'm not convinced CBT works for me. I can't knock the book though it definitely got me thinking, and I still follow some of it now. I'm all about self help books at the moment. I'm reading one about how someone stopped binge eating (Brain over Binge - Kathryn Hanson), and another one which is a textbook on Eating disorders, written by the National Institute of Mental Health. That ones a bit deep but helpful.

I felt the same about Beck. I wanted it to do something magical but it didn't, unfortunately. Maybe CBT doesn't work for me either. Brain over Binge is good but then I've never struggled too much with bingeing (either that or I'm in denial, which is possible. :rolleyes:) So while the author said things I related to, it still didn't quite do the job.

Evening all. Ss+ day for me today, though a small one at that. Just needed it today, can't explain why. Possibly pmt related (didn't come on in week after all was false alarm! Anyway not going to dwell on it!

Expecting a tiny loss this week. Not sure why. Managed not to weigh myself for a few days and away at friends until tomorrow night so no temptation to do so either! But am mentally preparing for a small loss, so anything over 1lb would be a pleasant surprise!!!

Going to give bars a miss next week I think. Find they make me feel bloated, and not helping toilet issues! Hmm must get something for that too...

As its about 1am that makes today day 28!!!! Only 56 more days til 810 week :)

Well done Starlit_Cazza. You're as bad as me with the counting. I got an app for my iPad that's counting down the days, LOL. :D

Hi all, day 21 for me today. I'm feeling good today as I've gone down another notch on my belt today yippeeeeeee... fingers crossed for another good loss this week.

Brilliant news, well done! :clap:

I've decided to look for a different CDC this week as I'm really not impressed by my current one. Fingers crossed I find a good one :) ... not sure if I'm being harsh but the lady I see just does not inspire me and I don't feel she cares about her clients. when I went for 1st weigh in she was wearing leggings that were full of holes and there was music blaring upstairs. last week I went and she was wearing pyjamas, at 6pm.... and last week I know the weather was bad but she knew she had clients visiting and had not cleared the snow and ice from her paths, steps or pavement I was literally skating trying to get to her front door!
Am I being harsh I don't know... I guess I expect a level of professionalism that I'm just not getting.... oh and in week 1 I hated the porridges so had to swap them, we agreed a time for me to go collect and when I got there I was literally ringing the bell and phoning stood on the doorstep for nearly 10 minutes, she had her music on so loud in the house and had obviously forgotten we'd arranged for that time. grrrr

Yes, that doesn't sound too good. I don't think you're being harsh. You need someone you can rely on and someone you feel will be there for you. Goodness knows, doing this is hard enough, without having to jump through flaming hoops as well!

Been keeping myself busy creating award badges, LOL. Figured as the S&S crew could have them so could I! Probably just broken all manner of copyright rules but hey, I'm crediting Cambridge for my success!

No Netty i don't think you're being harsh at all, you pay your cdc to provide you with a service, and you're quite right to expect a certain level of professionalism from her, which it sounds like you're not getting. Definitely try and find another. I've been lucky both of my CDCs have been great.

I'm nights tonight, it's my first night shift since starting back on SS and I'm dreading it. I always struggle on nights, I rely on naughty energy drinks that I just can't have :(

I also struggle with hunger, no matter how well I space my packs out its never enough. I'm having 4 today and 4 tomorrow, to try and help. I've had 2 already, will have another when I get to work at 8. Then I'll have 1 at midnight. That's today's 4. Ill try and hang on until about 6am for the first of tomorrow's and then have 2 or 3 after I get up after my sleep. It puts me all to cock and I hate night shifts with a passion. At least now they're only 12 hours instead of the 21 hours we used to have to do.

I'm hoping my colleagues don't bring sugary naughties in because as a rule that's what helps people get through the night and night time is when I'm weak. I'm determined I'm not going to give in at this stage. These things are sent to try us.

No Netty i don't think you're being harsh at all, you pay your cdc to provide you with a service, and you're quite right to expect a certain level of professionalism from her, which it sounds like you're not getting. Definitely try and find another. I've been lucky both of my CDCs have been great.
I'm nights tonight, it's my first night shift since starting back on SS and I'm dreading it. I always struggle on nights, I rely on naughty energy drinks that I just can't have :(
I'm hoping my colleagues don't bring sugary naughties in because as a rule that's what helps people get through the night and night time is when I'm weak. I'm determined I'm not going to give in at this stage. These things are sent to try us.

Netty I totally agree with Sal - she sounds soooo unprofessional! If you can find another one I would do ASAP!

Sal I feel for you on nights I remember doing them and like you say the majority of people rely on sugar, but Ive never done SS on nights. I will send you lots of positive vibes tonight to stick to it.

Lily the badge is ace! have you made one for each half stone or just that one for a stone - Im really impressed - can we copy and use it too on our sigs?

Starlit_Cazza - hope you are having fab time with your friends this weekend and day 28 wow they reckon it takes 30 days of not doing something to break a habit so what habit do you think you may have broken ?

keep it up girlies we are SO HARDCORE and doing so well!!!!
xxx

Last edited:
Back