Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse they only freaking do :cry: Went to bed with just a sore throat last night, woke up at 1:30 sweating and shivering. My back keeps going into spasms and I ache all over, even my fingers ache. I can't even phone in sick because we have a stupid rule for nights that they need enough time to cover the shift so calling in sick on the day is out of the question.

At the moment I'm laid in my bed boiling hot! Got the fan on but my skin feels cold. I don't tolerate illness, because I never get ill. I'm going to stay in bed all day and try to recover before tonight. I feel sorry for my colleagues tonight.

Oh poor you. Keep taking plenty of fluids and apinkillers and if you're really so bad phone in sick, your workmates won't appreciate it if you go in and infect them all. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse they only freaking do :cry: Went to bed with just a sore throat last night, woke up at 1:30 sweating and shivering. My back keeps going into spasms and I ache all over, even my fingers ache. I can't even phone in sick because we have a stupid rule for nights that they need enough time to cover the shift so calling in sick on the day is out of the question.

At the moment I'm laid in my bed boiling hot! Got the fan on but my skin feels cold. I don't tolerate illness, because I never get ill. I'm going to stay in bed all day and try to recover before tonight. I feel sorry for my colleagues tonight.

Really sorry Sal you are feeling so poorly! I do hope that you day in bed and the painkillers start to work as you have a long night ahead! I know you said that you have a policy to not ring in on the day before the night shift but surely if you are really poorly you are not going to be able to do your night shift! If you do go in will they not just send you home?

I hope you start to feel better hun x x

Really sorry Sal you are feeling so poorly! I do hope that you day in bed and the painkillers start to work as you have a long night ahead! I know you said that you have a policy to not ring in on the day before the night shift but surely if you are really poorly you are not going to be able to do your night shift! If you do go in will they not just send you home?I hope you start to feel better hun x x

Nah, they won't send you home. It's great working in such a caring environment. The sentiment goes that if you're able to stand you're able to work. I know the scenario well... :rolleyes: In fact, they're more likely to actually increase your workload for the night. Wear the knackered ones out first.

Sal, if all else fails you'll have to claim projectile diarrhoea or something equally vile. Hope you do feel better though. x x x

Scales 3lb down this morning! Happy Caz! Definitely going back to martial arts class if that's the kind of result i get!!!

Impresssive stuff! Go Cazza! :winner:

Trouble is there's only 3 of us on the night shift, its the minimum safe number they can get away with so there's no chance of getting sent home unless I cannot physically do my job, so as long as I can do my job I'll have to work. Anyway I'm feeling better the pain killers have stopped my aching but the sore throat and headache is still there! Sometimes working for the NHS is like working for the devil!

Been having a bit of a worry ( ha Me? Worry? never!) about not being allowed back on microgynon because of my BMI being too high. It's 33 at the moment but I'm sure I've heard that it needs to be under 30. And with the best will in the world I can't get there before I go back to see them in a couple if weeks. I can probably get down to 31. Anyway I've found some regulations that say between 30 and 34 is okay, the benefits outweigh the risks. I'm not sure which way nurse cratchett will go on this one, particularly as her own BMI is over 30..... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

As for other matters it seems fingers crossed that the crimson tide is drying up. I really really hope so, I'm fed up with it now. I'm still shocked at all I've read about Cerazette and the side effects, weight gain, mood swings and non stop periods seem to be the norm. At least I know it's not just me!!!!

I've also been thinking about my diet - staying in bed = too much thinking time! Anyway it seems we're all having a bit of a rough patch five weeks in. It's about now where things start to go wrong for me. I'm glad because I've lost a decent chunk, but the end goal still seems a heck of a long way away. The end is still a long way from sight yet the weeks are rolling past quite quickly now without much of a result. A few weeks with small losses mess with my head so I give up! I'm not going to this time, I'm going to try and plough on. Not going to let myself be influenced by these small weeks, and hopefully soon I'll have a good loss! And things will turn a corner!

Nah, they won't send you home. It's great working in such a caring environment. The sentiment goes that if you're able to stand you're able to work. I know the scenario well... :rolleyes: In fact, they're more likely to actually increase your workload for the night. Wear the knackered ones out first.

Sal, if all else fails you'll have to claim projectile diarrhoea or something equally vile. Hope you do feel better though. x x x

Lily our posts crossed, you're absolutely right!!!!

Glad the tide is turning. :)

I s'pose worst case scenario is that you might have to wait another month before being allowed microgynon. Would that be do-able?

As for the 5 week thing, yep, we reached the end of the honeymoon period and started bickering with the Cambridge packets. Kind of inevitable I guess. Let's face it, not eating is not very exciting. I realise that's where I've been going wrong in life, finding food exciting, LOL.

Think I might be heading for another less than stellar result this week - 2lbs off so far and weigh in's on Saturday. Ah well, better off than on. And I guess there's still time for a whoosh...

I always go great guns for a month then I lose it! The plot gets lost. I feel better because I've lost a bit of weight, so the picking and tweaking begins!! Not this time!! I'm going to soldier on I need to get this done for once and for all. I've discovered that even SS+ is too dangerous for me, it leads me to wanting more.

I've got a bit of a dilemma that I really already know the answer to but here it is. Next weekend 16th Feb we're meant to be going out. I've already cried off the dinner part of the evening saying I won't make it in time, but the drinks part is a bit unavoidable. I was going to go but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it at all, everyone will be drunk and I'll be on the water. The other problem with that us the nagging and constant attempts to get me to have the night off. The people I'm going out with have no clue about this diet and how a night off can do half a stones worth of damage. So I'm inclined not to go at all! I just need a damn good excuse!

Think you might just have to get a sudden migraine. Oh, I know I should be saying go, drink water, it'll be fine! But like you, I've decided it's just easier to completely avoid this sort of thing. It's not forever, just for 6 months or so, until I've lost enough weight not to lose the plot. I don't want to have to do this again. I've had it with being overweight. I'm not naive enough to believe it isn't always going to be a battle to keep away the pounds but I never want to be in the position of having to lose a third of my body weight again.

Famous last words... Hope not! :)

I've got a bit of a dilemma that I really already know the answer to but here it is. Next weekend 16th Feb we're meant to be going out. I've already cried off the dinner part of the evening saying I won't make it in time, but the drinks part is a bit unavoidable. I was going to go but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it at all, everyone will be drunk and I'll be on the water. The other problem with that us the nagging and constant attempts to get me to have the night off. The people I'm going out with have no clue about this diet and how a night off can do half a stones worth of damage. So I'm inclined not to go at all! I just need a damn good excuse!

Migraine, like Lily said. Or a sudden dose of norovirus?

You can always depend on a dose of norovirus to help you out of a social event you don't want to go to ;)

One of my colleagues has turned in to a feeder. She is of course a size 8 (or there abouts). Working in an office as I do, they seem to be a magnet for junk food, and the feeder keeps offering me things... argh! Fortunately I am strong enough to say no, but it is more than a tiny bit irritating!

Anyone else having boob/back problems!?! When I lose weight, my boobs stay the same (or have thus for) - last time when I lost 5stone, my boobs stayed the same. But obviously my underbust is shrinking (rapidly! 8" down so far). Anyway basically since I started losing weight, my back is in agony and my bras are all fitting funny :( Don't really know what to do without sounding daft! I've been wearing a 42GG for a while, despite chest measurement being nearer 52" (I think, can't remember!). When I was measured last time I was told I was a 48F - but when I tried it one it didn't fit at all, it was ridiculous, whereas a 42GG, well actually it was too tight, I know and knew it was, but wore it anyway - used to cut under my arms. I mean, what to do, what to do? My stupidly huge boobs mean I struggle to find sufficiently huge enough bras as it is! Sorry random moan I know, but my stupid back is killing me :(

You can always depend on a dose of norovirus to help you out of a social event you don't want to go to ;)

One of my colleagues has turned in to a feeder. She is of course a size 8 (or there abouts). Working in an office as I do, they seem to be a magnet for junk food, and the feeder keeps offering me things... argh! Fortunately I am strong enough to say no, but it is more than a tiny bit irritating!

Anyone else having boob/back problems!?! When I lose weight, my boobs stay the same (or have thus for) - last time when I lost 5stone, my boobs stayed the same. But obviously my underbust is shrinking (rapidly! 8" down so far). Anyway basically since I started losing weight, my back is in agony and my bras are all fitting funny :( Don't really know what to do without sounding daft! I've been wearing a 42GG for a while, despite chest measurement being nearer 52" (I think, can't remember!). When I was measured last time I was told I was a 48F - but when I tried it one it didn't fit at all, it was ridiculous, whereas a 42GG, well actually it was too tight, I know and knew it was, but wore it anyway - used to cut under my arms. I mean, what to do, what to do? My stupidly huge boobs mean I struggle to find sufficiently huge enough bras as it is! Sorry random moan I know, but my stupid back is killing me :(

Where did you go to get measured? It sounds like they were well off last time, it's worth going somewhere like Rigby & Peller as they are true experts, you may pay a little more but the relief you'll get from a true fitting bra will be be amazing.

I am praying mine stay the same, I'm only a B cup so would be gutted if I lost the little that I have haha

My nearest Rigby and Pellar is Guildford, which is a long way from me and not somewhere I would particularly choose to go for the day! And WOW those bras are expensive!!!!!! Might just settle for back ache...

Seriously though, I have ordered a sports bra that's highly recommended from Debenhams. Yes have ordered based on bra I am currently wearing - will wait for it to arrive and see how it fits, and if it is all wrong will return it. Need something to hold me in place when I am exercising!

Hi everyone, I've been offline for a few days as had a lot going on at work but have just caught up on the forums.

Hope you're all doing ok, sounds like there's a few of us having a tough time, the great thing is from all your updates you all sound really determined to stick with it and succeed... This is why I love this group, the support you all show for each other is brilliant.

Sal - hope you're feeling a bit brighter now and Aunt Flo is bu88ering off at long last! I'm sure you'll feel better come the weekend.

Thanks for all your advice re changing consultant, I have moved to anther CD now who is just lovely, she does weekends which makes it easier for me and is supportive and actually motivates me. Best thing I've done.. Weigh day now changed to Saturday, had a good week and feeling really good so can't wait for WI this week :)

My voice has just about gone, had the shift from hell so far, this is the first time (nearly 6 hours in) that I've actually sat down, and I'm sure it's only temporary. The rest of the shift should be interesting with no voice. The patients can't hear me and are making me shout but nothing comes out. Tricky. My throat is killing me :cry: but the rest of the aches are under control.

Quite appropriate that is post is number 999.

Last edited:
Oh I get the 1000th post!!!

Sorry it's been a tough night shift, hopefully you will soon be back in bed and able to start getting better.
Nothing to report here. Just about to get up, will more than likely weigh myself. Then shower, dressed, school run, work, home, CKD, then bed with any luck!

Back