Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

I've just committed to doing the great south run in October!!!! I have a golden bond place with MND Association so I HAVE to do it! Which means I HAVE to keep losing weight and I HAVE to get fit!!!! Oh god what have I let myself in for????

:eek: How long is the Great South Run? Do you actually have to run? :confused:

10 miles. Completely flat and goes past my front door so no messing about trying to park and walking miles back to car, 10 minutes and I'll be home :cool:

And no don't have to run thank goodness

The weather here is absolutely horrific!!! The wind is battering the front of my house with sleety rain, and it's bloody freezing!!

At the moment I'm tucked up in bed watch Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners, it's amazing how people live. Who has time to spend 19 hours a day cleaning????? And hoovering the bed every morning? I'm a bit OCD about things but these people are crazy!

Anyway I'm sulking at the moment, 3lbs for two weeks is not great, and that's the official loss. Not fun :cry:

Just wanted to share this: :cool:
b3v11j.jpg

10 miles. Completely flat and goes past my front door so no messing about trying to park and walking miles back to car, 10 minutes and I'll be home :cool:

Hmmm. Well, I walked 10 miles for a Sue Ryder Midnight Walk a couple of years ago. And I did it, but boy was I sore next day, LOL. So if I could do it, you definitely can! :clap:

The weather here is absolutely horrific!!! The wind is battering the front of my house with sleety rain, and it's bloody freezing!!

At the moment I'm tucked up in bed watch Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners, it's amazing how people live. Who has time to spend 19 hours a day cleaning????? And hoovering the bed every morning? I'm a bit OCD about things but these people are crazy!

Anyway I'm sulking at the moment, 3lbs for two weeks is not great, and that's the official loss. Not fun :cry:

I know. :hug99: That's how I felt last week. It will shift next week.

Hmmm. Well, I walked 10 miles for a Sue Ryder Midnight Walk a couple of years ago. And I did it, but boy was I sore next day, LOL. So if I could do it, you definitely can! :clap:

I bloody hope so!

Random question - Does anyone go in for body brushing??

I'm trying everything I can to tone and avoid sagging skin, have read about body brushing in a number of places so thought I might as well give it a shot!
My brush arrived today so starting tomorrow I'm gonna give it a go in the mornings before work... Watch this space :)

Don't really know anything about body brushing?

Had to take some Dulcolax last night as, well, you know! Predictable overnight relief my ar$e! Woke at 4am in agony with stomach cramps. Not nice! Ended up taking some buscapan just to ease the cramps so I could go back to sleep! (I have quite the home pharmacy going on!) slightly concerned i can't straighten my left arm this morning...

Ah Dulcolax. Predictable agony more like. :) I was up at 4.30 yesterday with predictable agony. :)

Hmm, sorry about your arm. Have you tried a hammer? Hair straightening irons? ;)

Ha ha. Rang gp to get looked at. Offered appointment on 2nd March :mad:

Opps too soon! Now at walk in centre waiting for a life time for someone to tell me there is nothing wrong with it and try and fob me off with paracetamol and rest.

They lost my form. Im so pissed off. 90 minutes I have waited waited to be triaged and now waiting again to see nurse practitioner. 3 others in waiting room. All arrived in last 20 minutes, all been seen at least once before me grr. Sorry grumpy and in lots of pain :mad:

Tennis Elbow. Thought it probably was, but was naively hoping they might just fix it somehow magically for me. Instead they sent me home with some co-codamol and told me to rest it. Grr. Chance would be a fine thing, and I know the co-codamol is going to cause toilet issues so will be having to use the stupid Dulcolax as an alarm clock...

Feeling very very grumpy and utterly sorry for myself tonight. Craving $hite to eat. Think I might be going to bed at the same time as Chloe as a damage limitation exercise as rally don't want to mess things up and I know it is "just" an emotional response.

Sorry to hear about your elbow Caz that sucks a$$!! Hopefully the co-codamol won't bung you up too much, I took codeine for 6 weeks and it didn't affect my bowel habits so you might escape. I hate dulcolax, almost as much as I hate Cerazette which we all know is a whole lot!

I've had a trying day. As a moral booster it was decided that we'd have a valentines bake sale today, it was hideous!!! I managed to avoid temptation but got into an argument with one of the nurses about why I don't just cut back and exercise more. She was incessant so I lost my rag and told her that even if this diet caused me to grown another head I'd still do it because there are not enough hours in the day for me to exercise away this fat! As for eating less, that is how I intend to maintain. Silly woman! I think she was only trying to look out for me, but I'm a grown up not an anorexic teenager.

Then just now I've been to Tesco to treat (ha) myself to a bottle of San Pellegrino for my lonely valentines tea. I did have a laugh at the amount of men dashing out with supermarket flowers.

Still no freaking movement on the scales, which leads me to believe that a) they're broken, b) the diet is broken c) I'm broken or d) all of the above! Wtf how long can a person retain water???? I've had a right moody rant on twitter about not losing weight.

image-885086087.jpg

My special push the boat out Valentines meal.

Last edited:
Cut back and exercise more, why didn't we think of that?? Grrrrrr.

Sorry about the tennis elbow Cazza - and the ridiculously long wait. That seriously sucks.

I have to confess I've had quite a nice evening with a couple of work colleagues. Just had a bath (the bathroom is almost as big as the bedroom, LOL), got myself mystified by the air con system (why is it I always wonder about Legionella? Damn having an OH who's an ITU nurse...) and am now propped up on my bed drinking a delicious decaf black coffee.

The course I'm doing is actually good - which is quite shocking really. It's been a long time since I did any training that was useful.

And so to bed, fellow Cambridge-ites. Sleep well!

Oh my god day 6 of no weight loss. This is getting ridiculous :cry: I know I need to persevere but this is silly 3lbs in 3 weeks is looking likely :( I'm really starting to question whether I can actually lose much more than a stone and a half ever. I got in this way with SW where I could only ever lose 2 st then no losses no matter what I tried. I'm really scared this is happening again. If I'm honest this has happened for the last two years and I haven't managed to ride it out to see if the losses pick up again, I've always just given up.

I'm actually feeling quite depressed about it now. No one and I mean no one believes that I'm still 100% they all think I'm going home and stuffing my face. Which is just not true and I could pee on a stick at any given time and prove it. So fed up :cry:

Back