Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Sorry to hear about your elbow Caz that sucks a$$!! Hopefully the co-codamol won't bung you up too much, I took codeine for 6 weeks and it didn't affect my bowel habits so you might escape. I hate dulcolax, almost as much as I hate Cerazette which we all know is a whole lot!

I've had a trying day. As a moral booster it was decided that we'd have a valentines bake sale today, it was hideous!!! I managed to avoid temptation but got into an argument with one of the nurses about why I don't just cut back and exercise more. She was incessant so I lost my rag and told her that even if this diet caused me to grown another head I'd still do it because there are not enough hours in the day for me to exercise away this fat! As for eating less, that is how I intend to maintain. Silly woman! I think she was only trying to look out for me, but I'm a grown up not an anorexic teenager.

Then just now I've been to Tesco to treat (ha) myself to a bottle of San Pellegrino for my lonely valentines tea. I did have a laugh at the amount of men dashing out with supermarket flowers.

Still no freaking movement on the scales, which leads me to believe that a) they're broken, b) the diet is broken c) I'm broken or d) all of the above! Wtf how long can a person retain water???? I've had a right moody rant on twitter about not losing weight.

View attachment 79356

My special push the boat out Valentines meal.

One of my colleagues is seriously doing my nut in. Every feckin day she asks 'so what you having for lunch today.....oh your bar'........'what did you have for dinner last night?'..........I'm havin to exercise great control in my replies and not tell her to go **** herself.

Anyway, ladies, I'm really struggling. I can't get into this at all. Every day I start off with great intentions than I get to about 9pm and I reach for the digestive biscuits. The end result being all the hard work is going to result in a STS this week. And they're my husband's digestives. I'll need to tell him to hide them, not to eat them in front of me and I'll stop buying lurpak, the wee one can live without his toast.

One of my colleagues is seriously doing my nut in. Every feckin day she asks 'so what you having for lunch today.....oh your bar'........'what did you have for dinner last night?'..........I'm havin to exercise great control in my replies and not tell her to go **** herself.

Anyway, ladies, I'm really struggling. I can't get into this at all. Every day I start off with great intentions than I get to about 9pm and I reach for the d******** ********. The end result being all the hard work is going to result in a STS this week. And they're my husband's d******* I'll need to tell him to hide them, not to eat them in front of me and I'll stop buying l*****, the wee one can live without his t****.

Ooh Scooterchick, stop mentioning the D word!!! :nono: :D :D

Naughty girl. My question to you - why? What is it about 9pm? Is it a habit? Is it something you associate with a particular time of day? Can you catch hold of the thought that goes through your head at the point you reach out your hand? Cos if you can, you might just be able to stop!

Oh my god day 6 of no weight loss. This is getting ridiculous :cry: I know I need to persevere but this is silly 3lbs in 3 weeks is looking likely :( I'm really starting to question whether I can actually lose much more than a stone and a half ever. I got in this way with SW where I could only ever lose 2 st then no losses no matter what I tried. I'm really scared this is happening again. If I'm honest this has happened for the last two years and I haven't managed to ride it out to see if the losses pick up again, I've always just given up.

I'm actually feeling quite depressed about it now. No one and I mean no one believes that I'm still 100% they all think I'm going home and stuffing my face. Which is just not true and I could pee on a stick at any given time and prove it. So fed up :cry:

I believe you. Bet Cazza does too. And Scooterchick. That's not no one.

Sal, hang on in there! I know where you're coming from, I was there myself a week ago. But it cannot possibly be forever. You are, without doubt, losing fat. You are, without doubt, retaining water. Your hormones are completely up the shoot. You're tired and stressed too.

You absolutely definitely without any shadow of a doubt will start losing weight again very soon. And probably really fast!

Thanks Lily, I needed that. I was talking to my mum about it tonight and as always she put it into perspective. Her words: " Well stop the diet then, no one is forcing you to do it, but don't come crying to us because you're fat and miserable. You've got two choices, stop and be miserable or carry on, be miserable for a while but get to goal and be happy. Its always your choice!" Very true mother. I guess the misery of not seeing losses and struggling on this diet is temporary. Being fat and miserable could potentially be forever.

Your mum is very wise :)

Just home from 2 hours of martial arts. Tired. Bed. Co-codamol. Ouch. That is all x

Ouch ouch ouch. Up most the night in lots of pain. Own fault. Stupid elbow. Sleeping with a poorly elbow is hard. Supposed to be off to my dads but not sure i can drive! Got to attempt shower first! Worrying at 3am whether I can stay on step one with poorly elbow or if I have to step up? Really don't want to step up. Cdc in Vegas so can't ask her, may have to ring hq? Sorry lots of tired ramblings...

Well done on your loss Lily!!! Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Ouch ouch ouch. Up most the night in lots of pain. Own fault. Stupid elbow. Sleeping with a poorly elbow is hard. Supposed to be off to my dads but not sure i can drive! Got to attempt shower first! Worrying at 3am whether I can stay on step one with poorly elbow or if I have to step up? Really don't want to step up. Cdc in Vegas so can't ask her, may have to ring hq? Sorry lots of tired ramblings...

Well done on your loss Lily!!! Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Oh no sorry about your elbow! I don't really know the answer about SS only that I did SS for the first four weeks after I tore my calf with no adverse affect on healing. I stopped it cos I felt sorry for myself being sofa bound and starving, not because I wasn't healing properly.

Looking at the book it only says about stopping for multiple fractures and going up plan for simple fractures, so should be ok I think? Just need it to stop hurting! Have some oramorph in kitchen but think that might knock me out of ketosis!

I think SS should be ok to carry on with, maybe if its not getting any better then have a rethink.

This morning at last 1lb down its only taken 7 days but there is movement!! It's still not what I'd expect from a vlcd but it's something at least.

Looking at the book it only says about stopping for multiple fractures and going up plan for simple fractures, so should be ok I think? Just need it to stop hurting! Have some oramorph in kitchen but think that might knock me out of ketosis!

What strength co-codamol have you got? 8mg or 30mg? Hopefully 30mg - if it isn't, I suggest you get yourself to a pharmacy to pick up some Solpadeine Max (12.8mg of codeine in each tablet and you can buy it over the counter).

Think I'd avoid the oramorph, especially if you're already taking co-codamol cos you'd end up pretty out of things! The ingredients for oramorph:

• Each 5 ml contains 10 mg of morphine sulphate as the active
ingredient
• The other ingredients are alcohol (ethanol), corn syrup, sucrose,
methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl
parahydroxybenzoate (E216) and purified water

I think if you were to ring Cambridge HQ they'd say you ought to step up - but that would be to cover themselves really, just in case you tried to claim later that they'd given you duff advice.

Have you got that elbow strapped up?

I think SS should be ok to carry on with, maybe if its not getting any better then have a rethink.

This morning at last 1lb down its only taken 7 days but there is movement!! It's still not what I'd expect from a vlcd but it's something at least.

Thank goodness. Well done. :clap:

I know, I'm feeling the same. I've lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks, which I know isn't terrible, but pretty frustrating considering I'm eating dust and I've done SS every day but one (when I barely had a SS+ day - realise now that I actually forgot to have a third shake that day so calorie wise I was still closer to SS than SS+). Hope things pick up for both of us soon, otherwise it's going to be a ridiculously long time before my BMI drops below 30.0. :sigh:

Sal - good to hear things are moving in the right direction for you again... I'm sure it'll start picking up some pace again now x

Cazza - hope you're ok and manage to get some decent pain relief x

Had my WI today, lost 4lb this week which I'm delighted with as it brings my total to 22lbs... 75lb to go... Still seems a long way away so continuing with my mini goals.. Next ones are:
1. Achieve 10% weight loss (26lb)
2. Get into the 16's

We're away next weekend to London, going to Wembley on Sunday... For most it will be a weekend of eating and drinking... Just trying to plan ahead now and have it clear in my mind what I'm gonna do... Maybe SS+ or step 2 just for the weekend... Hmmm

Well done Netty great loss. Thanks to your post ive just realized that a weight loss goal has been reached without me even realizing it :eek: 23lbs was my 10% and now I've lost 24lbs so I have another little goal to celebrate.

At a and e waiting for x ray as arm has ballooned. Marvelous. 3 hour wait - even better :(

Well done Netty great loss. Thanks to your post ive just realized that a weight loss goal has been reached without me even realizing it :eek: 23lbs was my 10% and now I've lost 24lbs so I have another little goal to celebrate.

Yaaaaay well done that's brilliant xx

Well after a long, boring afternoon/evening, I was finally seen at the hospital. Got sent off for an x-ray, which came back showing no break, so they sent me home. It is 'just' a soft tissue injury, so 'rest and take some paracetamol if it hurts'. Wanted to slap the woman! I went to a and e because I am taking co-codamol (30/500) and naproxen, and despite this I am in agony, can't move my arm a whole lot, and it is hugely swollen :mad: but apparently a bit of paracetamol will make it all better. She did tell me if it isn't better in 6 weeks I might want to go and see my GP. 6 weeks! If it is still hurting this much in 6 days I will be performing a home amputation! So feeling a tad pissed off.

Had a sort of SS+ day - had 2 shakes and just had some rocket and tofu as feel quite sick and just didn't want anything else sweet. Will try and squeeze in another shake before bed, but not promising anything!

Congrats on the scales moving Sal! And congrats on your 10%!!! Exciting stuff!

Sorry Netty, just saw your first post from earlier - congrats on your 4lb loss this week, thats brilliant!!!

I slept slep all night!!!!! Arm painful but been up an hour and no pain relief yet! Weighed self on wii fit - no change, but no surprise! Toilet issues back due to co-codamol, so now that weight will shift ;)

Am cross with the Wii Fit - it told my 5 year old she is obese! How ridiculous! Also she has a wii fit age of 35...

Ok less cross at wii fit! Underestimated her height by 4 inches!!! Put it in right and she is now splat bang in middle of "ideal" lol.

Hi all-quick update from me as I've been MIA.Basically my liver went funny and the doc told me to come off the diet for a week to see if it would improve...sadly it did however my gall bladder then decided to give me grief once again and I ended up in hospital on morphine.It's OK now but niggling but doc has said she doesn't want me to do CD until my blood results are back to normal as they were still a bit iffy last week.I'm not too happy but have decided to temporarily do a normal(ie food) diet until the doc gives me permission to do CD again.I'm not expecting huge losses,but it's got to be better than putting it on again right?I haven't posted before as I've felt so flipping rubbish and not been online much.Today's the first day I feel a little bit better.My blood pressure's been all over the place too despite being on tablets(it was 190/120 at one point) but I think we've sorted that now as this morning it was 115/70 which is unheard of for me.Anyway...I will love you and leave you for now and hope to be back as soon as I can.Hope you're all doing well.I'll be around a bit from now on but probably not on this forum as I'll be so jealous of your huge weight losses while I will probably be losing a pound a week :( Send "blood results back to normal" vibes please :)

Back