New to all this....

yellow

Hi people

I have just joined this site tonight.

I am 29 & always been slighty bigger than average but happyish with it....but in the past year i have very gradually put on weight & its starting to drag me down.

I am determined to lose weight this year & am planning joining weight watchers as i think the fear of being weighed will definately help rather than just trying to lose the weight myself

Would anyone recommend WW?? x

WW and SW are both good but SW is really good for healthy way of life x

OK thanku, i will investigate that today, planning a holiday in just under 10 weeks so need to get going! x

I'd say go for WW it's THE best diet. Nothings off limits and it'll totally re educate you in regards to your relationship with food

Thanku. I have looked at both websites & would say that WW appeals more the only problem is my local meeting is 10am on a Saturday, I work shifts & work at least 2 Saturdays out of every month.
Do you have to go to the same meetings every week or can you go to other meetings elsewhere that fit into your schedule?

I think u can go to different ones! I think I might try WW for a while too as it fits into life easier :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi and welcome. Both WW and SW work. If you need to choose a class then join the one that is most convenient and give that diet a try. Good luck.

Irene xx

;) good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I live SW, have done WW in the past but used to have to go to bed early cos I'd ran out of points & was still hungry. I love SW cos I never have to go hungry & there's some amazing recipes so you don't have to miss out & nothing is off limits.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

leighxx said:
I live SW, have done WW in the past but used to have to go to bed early cos I'd ran out of points & was still hungry. I love SW cos I never have to go hungry & there's some amazing recipes so you don't have to miss out & nothing is off limits.

That should say love duh stupid big fingers :)

Thanx for that Leigh.
I think i will give them a go, tho wil have to wait til May 2nd as thats the 1st meeting i can make.
Have made a start on the exercise though, swam 55 lengths today :)

My pleasure hun, hope u do really good I've had a good time this time must have my head in the zone, just need 1lb at weigh in tomorrow & I've got my 2 stone award :D

You will yellow! I lost weight really quickly at first it's slowed down now but still an average of 6 pound a month. Good luck! :D

Personally I prefer SW, thats only because I have a big appetite....... started 11days ago and have lost 7lb 1/4oz already, found some great recipes on here that are free syns or very low, and have tried the tikka masala, rogan josh and the risotto and am very impressed with them, its just about teaching yourself a new way to cook....
Good luck in whichever you decide..... Happy slimming

Hi Yellow!
I'm new here too, SW is an excellent diet, I lost 3 stone with it about 10 years ago, would definately recommend it, I'm trying exante at the moment as I want a quick loss to boost my willpower and get into my work uniform that keeps springing up over my bum!!
good luck to you :)

Thanx Guys
I blame being a nurse on my weight, all that chocolate, lol!
My last uniforms got too tight for me & i remember when i got them they were too big - that was the sign for me! Time to shed the pounds! x

Back