New to all this...

Laurie

MM addict
Hi everyone,
Just thought that i'd introduce myself to you all. My names Laura, and as from today im determined to turn my life around.
I've been reading threads from the forums for about a week and today i finally decided enough was enough. I picked up the phone and have decided to give the CD a go. I have tried every diet imaginable and this really is a last result. I just wish i'd known about this diet 5 years ago. Better late than never though.
I think its fantastic the way you all encourage each other, some of the messages i have read really have made me decide to give it a go.
Can anyone offer me any advice.
I have a lot of weight to shift, but i have never felt so much determination towards previous diets as i do now.
I just hope i can be strong and get results.
Any way dont want to go on, im so excited to be finally doing something.

Hiya Laura

Sorry just flying out!

Wanted to say Hi quick and welcome to the boards.

M.

WELCOME LAURA :D

CONGRATULATIONS ON TAKING THE 1ST STEP TO BECOMING THE NEW YOU.ALSO WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME.((HUGS))
I TOO HAVE DONE SO MANY DIETS GOING iM ON DAY ONE TODAYOF LIGHTERLIFE SOLESOURCING (LL.SS) AND IM HUNGRY AT THE MO BUT i HAVE TO DO IT.
THERE ARE LOVELY PEOPLE HERE AND A WONDERFUL SUPPORT NETWORK GOING ON THAT YOU'LL BE HERE SO OFTEN YOU WONT HAVE TIME TO THINK ABOUT FOOD !LOL!

PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS AS SOMEONE HERE WILL HAVE THE ANSWER.
WISHING YOU LOADS OF SUCCESS'' ;)
XXC

Hello and welcome!!

I love CD - it has changed my life so much already and i'm only half way through my journey.

My advice is to post lots on here for help and support. Also take one day at a time. Dont think about how much you have to lose - just concentrate on getting through the days. They all add up and soon you'll be that new super sexy you. :)

Look forward to getting to know you. Feel free to pm me anytime and if your on MSN you can have my addy - just pm me for it. :)

Hi ya Laura

I am also a newbee from Kent.I started last week with a counsellor call Amanda in Cliffe. I have 50 ponds to lose and so far so good. Amanda has given me to confidence to make me realise that I can do this. I think it makes all the difference when you have a good counsellor!!!!

Looking forward to trying the bars:p

Helen

Hiya hun, well done on making that call, this will change your life.

I too wish id done it 5 yrs ago lol, but better late than never.

If you need anything at all just ask, this website is truely a life line at times and is FAB!!!!

Cant wait to hear about your journey x

Hi Laura

Glad your taking this step to change you life. It certainly has done for me and many many others. Don't worry about how much weight you have to lose you'll do it in no time at all with CD and determination and a bit of support. We'll take care of the support bit!

Congrats for taking this step!

Dizzy x

Welcome Laura, Ickle B and Helen!! All in one thread! lol You'll love it here i'm sure!

And... will do fantasticly at CD !

I've been on CD for 12 weeks, had 3 weeks 'off' due to a hen do, wedding and serious lack of money for 1 week... BUT i've still lost 2 and a half stone!! And could've lost more if i hadn't had a few wobbles!
the rest i lost with atkins, but must say that CD is much easier, great losses etc.

I found CD through a lady who lost 7 stone in 7 months.. and posted on a horse riding forum I visit occasionally.
That was it... i picked up the phone and saw my counsellor the next day!

My tips.. would be to 'down' your carbs before you start... to hold on tight ignore the initial hunger and remember your body is just 'testing you' to see if it can trick you into giving it sugar, carbs, food etc.. ;)

You really DO NOT feel hungry once ketosis kicks in, and will lose a LOT of weight as quickly and healthily in a diet that you can!

Look forward to reading your first week losses soon! But don't forget we are here if you need to talk. :D

Oh and a word of warning... it's addictive! MiniMins! ;) lol

Thanks everyone for all your kind words
Today i received the information through the post. I've been studying it all morning and am even more determined now.
I've rung my local CD left a message saying i want to make an appointment. As soon as she rings i'll let you all know.
Just out of interest do you receive the food pack at your meetings? Or do you have to wait a while? Im so keen to get going i hope i wont have to wait ages for an available apointment.
I suppose its just becase i've never felt like this towards any other diet, i have such an excited filling inside.
This is the beginning of something i've dreamed of for a long time, a new ME!

Good luck

Hi Laura
I've just started CD sole source yesterday and just had to reply to your message, you sound just like me as i was so excited as i really feel this can work... It's so nice to come on here and air your thoughts, problems and achievements. It's like having a best mate on tap and really does get you through the day chick if your in need of help or encouragement. Good luck and here's to us all reaching our goals X :) :)

Thanks everyone for all your kind words
Today i received the information through the post. I've been studying it all morning and am even more determined now.
I've rung my local CD left a message saying i want to make an appointment. As soon as she rings i'll let you all know.
Just out of interest do you receive the food pack at your meetings? Or do you have to wait a while? Im so keen to get going i hope i wont have to wait ages for an available apointment.
I suppose its just becase i've never felt like this towards any other diet, i have such an excited filling inside.
This is the beginning of something i've dreamed of for a long time, a new ME!

Oh laura i can feel your excitement from here, a bit welcome and well done for taking the first step to a very new you... i'm only half way through my journey and already feel like a new person!!!

as far as i am aware every cdc gives out the products when you meet up with them so you should be able to get started straight away!!! if you can you should try to start to limit your carbs from now so the side effects won't be too bad for you but they only last a couple of days and then you will feel on top of the world and you will be losing weight!!!

well done again and can't wait to see you fading away :) :) :)

Gen xx

Hi Laura,

I too have started today, hopefully by Xmas we will all be lighter and even happier. If this works for me I know that my results will help a lot of people in my family who are overweight. So here goes to success!!!!!

Good Luck. See you at the other side of OVERWEIGHT!!

Hi Laura

I started CD this week after my boyfriend and half of his office have been or are on it. So far I've lost 5lbs and it is really spurring me on :) I'm quite an impatient person so weight losses of 1/2 lb per week just make me feel down so this diet is great compared to ww and sw etc!
Hopefully you will hear from your counsellor and meet up soon so you can get started - they will explain the diet to you, run through the health q's, give you all the CD's you need for the week, weigh you and most importantly agree a target weight etc.
I wish you lots of luck - everyone here is so supportive - it's great (addictive - not great for getting my proposal written though!!!) post or email any time you want!

L x

Back