New to board

Kayemm

Hello, just wanted to say hi. Have been calorie counting for 3 days now (after one day of slimfast bleugh!) this board looks great for support so will keep checking in. I have about 3 stone to lose but would be happy with 2 and ecstatic with 4 lol! Today seems to be the easiest for me so far so hoping that I'm getting used to it. Did anyone else find it got easier after the first few days?
Kelly :)

Hi and welcome :)

The first couple of days were hard in some ways - I had a bad headache and was missing comfort food a bit. On the flip side, it was easier because it was new and exciting and I had a real buzz about losing weight.

A month down the line and I'm into the routine of it, so the diet and food planning is much easier because my body knows what to expect. I'm thinking a lot about menus to stop food from getting boring. So far so good with that, as I'm sticking with it for quite some time.

Best of luck with it all. Sounds like you're off to a fantastic start :)

Thanks :) really hoping I can stick to this, am so fed up of weight watchers, slimming world etc, cc seems much more flexible! I've posted on the challenge thread to join if that's ok.

Welcome and good luck! I can't really remember the beginning of my journey anymore. I think I was so motivated that I found the first month or so really easy. It got harder about three months in and I had to relax my counting otherwise I think I would have ended up giving up completely. So my weight loss has slowed down in the last 3 months, but it is still going in the right direction and I am happier being able to have a few treats.

Let us know how you get on. x

Hi Kayemm,

I'm new to the board too and also on day 7 of my first week of calorie counting.

Have woken up with a terrible headache today (which I hope is unrelated!) but apart from that I've found it has been going quite well. We'll see what the scales say tomorrow!

I am really excited so far and just hope I can keep it up. Especially as this week has been a bit unusual for me. I'm a student and am not back at uni yet, but have an essay to write so have been very much a hermit! Next week will, I think, be much more of a challenge.

Thanks for the replies, think a board like this really helps with motivation! Sounds like everyone is doing really well with cc. I'm finding my fitness pal is really keeping me on track too :) am off to tesco now to get some hand weights so I can have a go at the 30 day shred! First weekend on cc will be a challenge as I'm normally a pig at weekends but fingers crossed ;)

Hey Kelly and welcome :)

I have around the same weight as u to lose so if u want a weight loss buddy I'm yer gal lol. Hope u get on okay with ur diet and the shred. Keep us up to date :) :) xx

Hi emz, thanks and a buddy would be great :) ! Am doing well so far, yesterday was my first hurdle as I was at work where I sit on a reception for 7 hours and normally eat for most of that but managed to have a few low cal snacks instead! Trying to keep my eye on the prize and that is to not be the one sat on the beach in a Cardigan trying to hide my bingo wings lol!
Am going to start the shred today hopefully, my fitness levels are poor at the moment, think I will struggle but there is no achievement without challenge as they say! Will let you know if I'm still alive later ;)

Back