New to calorie counting/control

mishmai

Hey everyone, I have decided to give calorie control diet a go as a last ditch attempt to trying to lose at least 3 stone. I have tried weightwatchers and slimming world loads of times. Currently I've tried SW again and I am bored of it and completely stuck. I know the plan inside out but its bores me as I eat the same things day in day out and end up binging either on food altogether or comfort eat.

I have never calorie counted before. The last few days I have been doing it, I have enjoyed it as it means I can eat bread again. This is great as it means I can make lovely salad sandwiches that I love for work and I can take soups again without feeling guilty. I think this ability to have variety is what will make calorie counting work for me.

I'm finding that because I know slimming world so well that I am kind of still using that as a guideline which isn't a bad thing as I do agree that SW is one of the most healthy balanced eating plans you can have. With incorporating both SW and calorie control the variety really is the better side.

So anyways I am currently 15stone 10lb. When "googling" this and weight loss I have been getting responses stating I should be eating approximately 1300-1500 cals per day. While I have been doing this the last few days I have maintained within this range so it has been fine. I have been getting my fruit,veg,carbs,proteins,dairy products and even had a packet of crisps and some chocolate.

Tomorrow I am going out to buy a few notebooks so I can build like a food directory of my most popular/common foods and their calories and also a notebook to keep a food diary to document each day.

If anyone has any advice about any aspect of this please feel free to share with me because I am putting all faith and hope in this working for me.

Welcomeeeee x x I started calorie counting on and off since october. I started at 17st 7lb and am now 15st 13lb! Its been slow but only because i havent been sticking to it 100% or excercising! SO IT DEFO works!! :) im jus sticking to low fat n calorie countig x SW is great to use as a guideline as it will give u a basic structure.
Defo dowbload MY fittnes pal as a app to track and log all ur food n do the calorie maths for u! :) x enjoy ur journey xx

Hey I started calorie counting yesterday ( also moved from sw and thoroughly enjoyed my first soup)
I'm using my fitness pal too, it's a free app and is brilliant. Would love to keep in contact to see how your doing. I have just over 2 stone to lose x

Thank you peeps for the replies :) it is great getting the encouragement especially from those so similar. Hope fully I can stick to this and that it will work. I have a blackberry and can't seem to get any apps suitable for what I am doing. Back to basics I have went with just keeping a written log of what I am doing so I can monitor my progress. Best of luck to you all and hopefully we'll have amazing stories to tell :) xox

mishmai said:
Thank you peeps for the replies :) it is great getting the encouragement especially from those so similar. Hope fully I can stick to this and that it will work. I have a blackberry and can't seem to get any apps suitable for what I am doing. Back to basics I have went with just keeping a written log of what I am doing so I can monitor my progress. Best of luck to you all and hopefully we'll have amazing stories to tell :) xox

Hiya! You can get MFP for Blackberry, I have it on mine. :) xx

Back