New to calorie counting

Toria12

Hi everyone

I'm starting calorie counting tomorrow having tried and failed miserably at Weight Watchers. Sadly I can't lay blame on the points system it's my own shocking will power to blame.

So a little bit about me - I'm weighing in at a little over 13 stone, I've always had trouble with my weight but the problem came to a head when I had my baby back in July - on delivery day I tipped the scales at over 17 stone (although almost a stone of that was baby :8855:). For my height my BMI says I should weigh about 8 and a half but I think I'm going to aim firstly for a far more realisting 10 and a half and see where I go from there.

Any handy tips and advice that you can give me would be very very much appreciated :D

Hi well done on your loss so far. Ive been calorie counting with myfitnesspal.com for a yr and lost 70lb ish since last Feb. The best advice is to take one day at a time and if you mess up start again from the next meal not the next day and never never give up.

Good luck with your loss c :)

Welcome, I love CC as if you prioritise chocolate one day, you just have to drop it off somewhere else.
Good luck shedding that baby weight (you could always say 'I lost a stone in [length of labour] once, to impress people ;) )

Thanks ladies, it's nice to have some encouragement :)

You both have done really well with the counting so I'm hoping I can do too. I've signed up to my fitness pal too and that seems like it will be invaluable!

Back