New to Lipotrim, New to MiniMins

SukiSoo80

Hi everyone,

I have just started Lipotrim today as I weight 14st 11lbs and I need to look good for a wedding at the end of August! I am a bit scared as I dont know what to expect and I just wanted to join a forum for guidance, support and to read other peoples storied!

Emma x x x

Hi and welcome Emma.

You've certainly come to the right place for advice or just a chat. Just browse around the forum and you will find so much good advice to help you keep going.

You will lose so much weight for the wedding in August if you stick to this 100% and look great! Good luck.

Welcome! I'm sure you will get all the advice and support you need on here. Best of luck xx

hey hun welcome to minimins!!! this place is fantastic with lots of support and advice. :)

now the first week is usually tough as you are going through withdrawal so you may feel cold and miserable for a few days until ketosis kicks in. then it should get better. it did for me. :D

keep drinking the water hun and have some distractions ready. :)

good luck

xox

good luck Emma , I have started the Tony Ferguson diet today and found it ok so far - just off to nibble on some grapes and strawberries instead of crisps !!!!!

Hi Emma,
I've just started today too - and for same reason! I have 3 weddings this summer and I really need to get organised and lose 2 stone. I have tried this diet before - 3 years ago, it was tough but I lost nearly 2 stone and felt fantastic and had lots of energy. The first few days will be tough, headaches etc. Try to keep busy to take your mind off the diet, your social life wont be a lot of fun but think how great you'll look in August. I did a lot of exercise the last time, and I think this helped a lot. Good Luck!

Thanks guys for your messages, I managed the first day ok, and have just had my first drink of today but am so hungry! Oh I really need a bacon butty! But I know it will be worth it in the end. Can I suck on ice cubes for a distraction? I've only been drinking water and peppermint leaf tea so far, decided I wont weight myself i'll just leave that to the chemist. If you do the refeed does the weight go back on, or is it like any diet - if you start eating pizza etc again then you'll put on weight?

Thanks x x x

Hi there, I'm new to this forum too! I actually signed up here last year but I only seriously started this diet just over a week ago. My advice - just don't break it!! No it sounds obvious, but I'm on my ninth day today and yesterday I broke it. Can you believe it?! I was so on a roll past ketosis and seriously starting to burn it off, and just like that - it goes. If I could go back in time I would just walk out the room and go do something else. The disappointment afterwards is unbelievable, and honestly? It made me feel sick. It wasn't satisfying at all. Once you get into the sixth day I find, after ketosis has a chance to kick in you will immediately start to notice the difference. What happens is that the weight that last went on will come off first - my stomach is already slimming down, honestly!
I find ice cubes helpful, yeah! Especially now because it's summer - although huh, it's not really warm like it. But oh well.
...But what we need to remind ourselves is that once we get down to our weight, honestly? Pizza can't even come in to it. Chips, chocolate, crisps, whatever was your food love before cannot become it again. Because if you keep in mindset the food you ate before, I ate before, everyone ate before, the weight will simply come back on again. This isn't just a diet, it's a life change for me. I never ever want to reach obesity ever ever again. I want to live a healthy, light and happy life and the only way to do that is to chance our food and more importantly our mindset to food. What do you think?
Lily

Yeah thanks for that, I know it cant once the weight is off, but I have stayed the same weight since Christmas and had an occasional pizza or bag of crisps but the main thing I did was portion control, made sure I got my 5 a day and joined a gym - this was when I noticed I wasnt putting any more weight on.

I'm on day 3 now and it is hard, i've gone to the fridge so many times and then remembered, its weird! There are a lot of people trying to put me off by saying its all water, its rubbish etc - plus I dont really know much about the ketosis - is it a feeling that you suddenly get or something, can someone explain!

I just need to drop about 3/4 stone and then i'll be happy! x x x

Yeah thanks for that, I know it cant once the weight is off, but I have stayed the same weight since Christmas and had an occasional pizza or bag of crisps but the main thing I did was portion control, made sure I got my 5 a day and joined a gym - this was when I noticed I wasnt putting any more weight on.

I'm on day 3 now and it is hard, i've gone to the fridge so many times and then remembered, its weird! There are a lot of people trying to put me off by saying its all water, its rubbish etc - plus I dont really know much about the ketosis - is it a feeling that you suddenly get or something, can someone explain!

I just need to drop about 3/4 stone and then i'll be happy! x x x

Well done for getting to day 3:clap:

It can feel very strange the first week...but after this it does become much easier and you will find every time you say no to food you become stronger...

The Lipotrim diet started out being used in hospitals for patients who needed to lose weight rapidly before surgery, besides its use in hospitals you could at one time only do it through a doctors surgery and then later on because of the demand you can now do it through your Pharmacy, the Lipotrim diet has been around for 30 years.

It is a tough diet to do and not everyone can do it or is suitable...but those who can are mostly always very happy with the results.

I replied to you on the thread below about ketosis and so did:)

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-tfr-100/155587-im-sooo-hungry.html#post2599678

It is really bizarre, isn't it?! Especially where you find yourself in a perfectly normal situation - like going to see friends, or even just going shopping by yourself; if you want somewhere to sit down for a while, well; we can't have a lunch, we can't drink (most) things, it feels really alien, as if you're cut off from normal life. Well, well done for keeping going. I find it helps really not to keep thinking about food too much; you can't help it when it comes into your head or you smell something, but if I keep thinking about it I'll go crazy and want to break it!
Well ketosis is when your body has finally used up all the sugar stored in your liver as your body's easiest fuel to break down before it starts on at your own body fat stores. I find I get a lot thirstier, and my tongue gets furry and strange! But these are only slight sides effects, and the bonus is much much better. I love that you can just build up on exercise on this diet, slowly and gently, but you don't necessarily have to to lose weight. Your body needs energy all the time to function, so that means you're burning fat all the time too! I promise in a few more days you will start to notice it. My face already looks much slimmer after one week; there ain't no double chin there now!!
Love xxx

Back