New to LL

Hi all

I have spent the last 2 weeks while I have been on holiday reading your stories and successes. I contacted my local LLC and am going to see her tomorrow.

I am so excited at the prospect of starting and want to thank you all for that. Thank you. I have approximately 10st to lose so foresee myself being here for a while - but know I'm in good company!

Look forward to getting to know "less" of you all soon.

Hello LBS
:welcome2:
Love your name - not sure if I could live with it - i'd feel tempted all the time - they used to be my weakness!
I remember when I started LL it seemed it was going to be impossible to lose all that weight, but it isn't. You can do it too - and keep it off too.
Look forward to seeing your progress.
Good luck.:)

Thank you for the welcome SB!

As for the name, I think part of the reason I am the size I am today is because of it. My dad gave me it as a nickname as a baby (as his very favourite thing) and food and the need to feel loved, accepted and wanted is something that I know is a problem for me. Guess I picked it because I want to face those demons. :lol:

LBS :D

Welcome. Bet you are excited to start.

Westie x

Hi LBS...good luck xx

Hello Blue Sunflower,
I see you've quietly done really well and 2lbs below your goal.
Fantastic! Did you do RTM? How are you finding maintaining?
LBS - sorry to hijack your thread.

Hello SB, thank you!! :D

I haven't posted that much during my Total journey, but have been reading the forums every day and it's been such a great source of comfort and great tips. Journeys like yours are especially inspiring, especially considering what you've been through lately.

I will start my 3rd week on RTM on Tuesday and so far I'm loving it. Enjoying raw veg like never before and looking forward to fruit next week!! ;) (sorry for the f**d mention, LBS)
Being on RTM is really making me realize that Total was the 'easy' part, but during this phase I'm seriously discovering something new about myself during every meal and I noticed that this is where all the CBT work has to come in. Feeling positive, though, and have more energy as well, so I started a Couch-to-5k programme last week.

hiya all
just started 2 weeks ago and liking the results so far
got a long way to go so will be here for the long haul
Cheers

Wow! Have you lost nearly 2 stones in 2 weeks?? That is amazing!!

Hey Debbi!
thanks very much, yeah it was quite a shock! i guess it slows down a lot now, other wise ill be done in 8 weeks!
If only it was that easy :)
Your doing very well too!

Wow! You must feel such a difference. I know I do. One of my friend's husband lost 2 stone in 4 weeks and that was him at target. But then he didnt learn anything, refused to attend the classes and put it all on! This way we will learn how to change our behavour :)

Hello LBS! I'm a newbie too so can't exactly welcome you to the forum properly, but... welcome all the same! :)

Hi pandorasinbox, what class do you go to? xx

I go on Mondays at the Leith class, Debbi!

Ah, I'm Dalkeith on a Wednesday :) Same LLC though, I think? Moyra?

No, though I've spoken to Moyra and she seemed like a lovely lady! My LLC is Tracey Fiskin. :)

Shame we're not going to the same meetings! That would maybe have been too good to be true though! ;)

Ah! I think Moyra works for Tracy, as I had to write a cheque one week and it was to Tracy. I think Moyra was covering for Tracy when she was on holiday as she gave me the option of the Monday class.

Well, we can give each other virtual support in the meantime. Its nice to know that there is someone nearby xx

We've both got Christmas/NY as our goal - we should go for a coffee once we hit target! ;)

Back